Author Topic: Bodybuilding Related Quiz and Photos - And Get Big Opinions  (Read 11952 times)

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
Re: Bodybuilding Related Quiz and Photos - And Get Big Opinions
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2009, 05:16:45 PM »

this is the type of guy that could pull grown women as well as tight 18 year old models

ronrico

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2009, 05:25:50 PM »
Don Peters, I think he was a film editor and a gym owner. He won some over 40 shows in the 80's as well as Mr International and Mr. Western America.  I have no clue as to what his habit was that pissed his friends off. I trained at his gym for a few years before he sold it to Golds.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2009, 07:00:48 PM »
Haz, I've been taking pictures of the "bridge" for the past couple of years and until recently I had no idea how to remove that date stamp as shown on that photo and it never was set at the right date anyway, so it's difficult to answer your question about the current state of the bridge.

But are you aware that it "blew down" once and they had to clean up the mess and start over? I don't have those details but it was interesting at the time that it occured.

I was just there a few weeks ago and to the best of my knowledge the previous photo is just about how it looks at present. In fact I think I took that photo then, but I'll see if I can find another one to send to you for comparison.

It is worth the 40 to 45 mile from the Strip to see it in person. It's gonna be an amazing bridge and a major attraction once it is completed and then they will no long allow vehicular traffic over the top of the dam.

Yea, Ron, I think you are correct about Don working as a film editor for one of the major studios. Back in the 60's Don used to throw parties for his friends at his home and more likely than not, he'd set up the projector and make everyone take a seat and watch his contest movies .... no videos back then. I have a friend like that who makes everyone watch his old surfing movies ..... him in Malibu, in  Hawaii, in new Zealand, and even him surfing in Vietnam while bombs were falling "just over on the other side of that hill there!".   

Haz, after seeing the attached photo; I sort of recall that this shot was actually taken last month so this is just about how it presently looks; so I have to assume that that wind damage did delay it quite a bit.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2009, 07:01:46 PM »
Ronrico, how did you know what Don Peters did for a living?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2009, 07:03:04 PM »
What ever did happen to Jim Haislop? Any details?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2009, 07:04:31 PM »
You avid GetBiggers should be able to ID two of the guys in this photo .......

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2009, 07:05:49 PM »
This is Mike Dayton. What did he do that was so radical?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2009, 07:07:11 PM »
Exactly where is this located?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2009, 07:09:59 PM »
even him surfing in Vietnam while bombs were falling "just over on the other side of that hill there!".   
Charlie don't surf, stunt!  ;D

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2009, 07:13:05 PM »

i heard he was well hung!!

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2009, 07:16:24 PM »
Haz, I've been taking pictures of the "bridge" for the past couple of years and until recently I had no idea how to remove that date stamp as shown on that photo and it never was set at the right date anyway, so it's difficult to answer your question about the current state of the bridge.

But are you aware that it "blew down" once and they had to clean up the mess and start over? I don't have those details but it was interesting at the time that it occured.

I was just there a few weeks ago and to the best of my knowledge the previous photo is just about how it looks at present. In fact I think I took that photo then, but I'll see if I can find another one to send to you for comparison.

It is worth the 40 to 45 mile from the Strip to see it in person. It's gonna be an amazing bridge and a major attraction once it is completed and then they will no long allow vehicular traffic over the top of the dam.

Yea, Ron, I think you are correct about Don working as a film editor for one of the major studios. Back in the 60's Don used to throw parties for his friends at his home and more likely than not, he'd set up the projector and make everyone take a seat and watch his contest movies .... no videos back then. I have a friend like that who makes everyone watch his old surfing movies ..... him in Malibu, in  Hawaii, in new Zealand, and even him surfing in Vietnam while bombs were falling "just over on the other side of that hill there!".   

Haz, after seeing the attached photo; I sort of recall that this shot was actually taken last month so this is just about how it presently looks; so I have to assume that that wind damage did delay it quite a bit.

it blew down?  somebody musta lost jobs over that!!  i flew to Phoenix and bought this combonation and drove it back to Canada. these pics were taken when we got to Vegas just after crossing through the bottom under the construction. good times.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2009, 07:16:39 PM »
i heard he was well hung!!
Yup. He did a lot of crazy stuff. I think I have that 'hanged' pic somewhere on my computer. Wearing harem pants or something, too. Pretty nutzo stuff.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2009, 07:19:20 PM »
Yup. He did a lot of crazy stuff. I think I have that 'hanged' pic somewhere on my computer. Wearing harem pants or something, too. Pretty nutzo stuff.

i remember his hands were behind his back like he was handcuffed while hanging. huge neck. bent nails and other strong man things.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2009, 07:23:41 PM »
i remember his hands were behind his back like he was handcuffed while hanging. huge neck. bent nails and other strong man things.
That's the one. I can't find it. Must have re-titled it. How's the weather out West? We had the most perfect baseball weather today. I could die happy. It was perfect.  :)

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2009, 07:34:25 PM »
That's the one. I can't find it. Must have re-titled it. How's the weather out West? We had the most perfect baseball weather today. I could die happy. It was perfect.  :)

still snowed a bit yesterday dammit. i was in BC this weekend and it really snowed thru the mountains. i can't stand it much longer.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2009, 07:41:59 PM »
Yep, he hung himself without breaking his neck.

Just finished talking with someone who knew Mike way back when and he seems to recall that Mike was planning to jump over the side of the Golden Gate Bridge with a noose around his neck but the city of San Francisco nixed that.

He was into Karate and thinks that he may still be living in the Napa, California area. Not absolutely certain about that though. It's been a while since he's seen him.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2009, 07:51:45 PM »
Old time BB still making the rounds at Venice Beach. Name him. Someone on here might be able to post a picture taken of him when he was at his best.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2009, 08:02:32 PM »
Sorry, but I had to post this. I think you'd appreciate the humor in it more if you ever had the opportunity to find yourself in an actual combat situation other than on the internet or while submitting some of these GetBig postings.

The pink skivvies say, "I LUV NEW YORK" on them.

ronrico

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2009, 09:18:29 PM »
Venice Beach regular- Bill Pettis. I think he has been somewhat displaced since World Gym closed up. I knew Don Peters because I trained at his gym, and would talk to him.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2009, 05:06:25 PM »
This pic is Dennis, Chris Cormier, and on the right Valademere, he is a local compeitor in Las Vegas,.He won the Mr Las Vegas, and didnt do well in the USA.Dennis wouldnt have done well in the Mr USA, but Jim Mannion gave him a pro card.Dennis at best would place 10-12th in the USA, on a good day.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2009, 05:48:27 PM »

He was able to tear an encyclopedia in half with his hands and break handcuffs apart.

churbro

• Getbig II
  • Don't fear death...fear a life unlived
« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2009, 04:25:31 AM »