Author Topic: Low Water Retention While Bulking? Is it possible?  (Read 4113 times)

NEOFARQ

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Low Water Retention While Bulking? Is it possible?
« on: May 20, 2009, 10:12:34 AM »
I've got another show in 24 weeks, and plan on bulking for the 1st 10-14 (depending on conditioning). I'm only looking to add 8-12 lbs. or so overall and will be concentrating on my weak points.

As a base for the 1st part I plan on running:
 -Test Prop @ 600 wk.
 -Deca @ 600 wk. and
 -D-bol @ 30 mgs./day for the first 4-6 weeks.

Any other stuff I could throw in to keep the bloat down from the D-bol. Keep Dietary Sodium low? Maybe some BS Taraxatone? Letrozole or Proviron even? Diet is extremely clean.....

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Re: Low Water Retention While Bulking? Is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 11:11:10 AM »
Just watch your sodium intake.  I personally would have went with NPP over deca, but you can manage ok on deca if you are careful.  I don't think you're going to be putting on 8-12lbs in only 14 weeks though, not of good quality muscle at least.

NEOFARQ

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 12:02:30 PM »
Nadrorapid? Nandrolone polypropionate is water your talking about right? What is the difference between the two? Water would the advantage be?

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 05:16:25 PM »
Nadrorapid? Nandrolone polypropionate is water your talking about right? What is the difference between the two? Water would the advantage be?

Yea polypropionate.  The shorter ester nandrolone "tends" to net a lot less bloating for a lot of guys.  From anecdotal reports and personal experience I'd have to agree.  You don't get the "moonface" associated with nandrolone deconate that many experience when using NPP.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 06:50:26 PM »
why does water retention matter to you? it doesnt mean anything, and it helps growth. keeping sodium intake low isnt wise if your looking for as much mass as possible, and neither are anti estrogen or anti aromatase.  the farthest i would go in a quest for dryer gains would be to drop a bit of the test and switching the deca to a bit more tren.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 09:14:21 PM »
why does water retention matter to you? it doesnt mean anything, and it helps growth. keeping sodium intake low isnt wise if your looking for as much mass as possible, and neither are anti estrogen or anti aromatase.  the farthest i would go in a quest for dryer gains would be to drop a bit of the test and switching the deca to a bit more tren.

While I certainly agree with bloat not really mattering, I don't think anyone should really intake excessive amounts of sodium, which is why I always advise keeping it moderate.  Bloating should never really be a concern if you're trying to put mass on, it's just water retention and can be dropped at the appropriate time.  In most cases I'm not a fan of anti-e's either, there are certain circumstances where they can be of value, but they definitely should not be used to control bloating.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 03:12:50 AM »

Water retention can single handedly cause your blood pressure to go up.  The drawbacks far out weigh the benefits.  Another quality post!  ::)

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 05:59:48 AM »
why does water retention matter to you? it doesn't mean anything, and it helps growth. keeping sodium intake low isn't wise if your looking for as much mass as possible, and neither are anti estrogen or anti aromatase.  the farthest i would go in a quest for dryer gains would be to drop a bit of the test and switching the deca to a bit more tren.

True.
When you have at least some "bloat" you recover faster and can lift heavier weights due "to cush effect" for a lack of better term. You can keep the bloat down, but when trying to gain it's counter productive.

Water retention can single handedly cause your blood pressure to go up.  The drawbacks far out weigh the benefits.  Another quality post!  ::)

Well, this is also true. I'm one of the guys who has to watch his BP, but as long as the bloat is not INSANE or if it becomes insane you can take some dandelion root to help out with it. In any case you have to watch your BP regardless of whether "bulking" or "cutting."
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

NEOFARQ

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 08:34:03 AM »
I did a show 2 weeks ago and am still holding pretty good conditioning. Especially with summer being around the corner I really don't want to walk around as a bloated mess. So if there are some adjustments I can make to stay looking lean instead of a dead big that's been baking in the sun!! I'm thinking i'll run some A-dex and keep the dandellion root going.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 08:45:48 AM »
Both good choices.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, 03:05:51 PM »
True.
When you have at least some "bloat" you recover faster and can lift heavier weights due "to cush effect" for a lack of better term. You can keep the bloat down, but when trying to gain it's counter productive.

Well, this is also true. I'm one of the guys who has to watch his BP, but as long as the bloat is not INSANE or if it becomes insane you can take some dandelion root to help out with it. In any case you have to watch your BP regardless of whether "bulking" or "cutting."

Point is water retention is a "side effect" due to an imbalance in electrolytes and estrogen.  High blood pressure is most often a result of water retention.  LOTS of guys do not watch their BP and do not realize when it is elevated.  Water retention is not necessary nor does it make that much of a noticeable difference in gains. 

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2009, 06:10:41 PM »
yes, sodium intake does temporarily increase blood pressure. and so does steroids and most other anabolic agents.

no one ever said bodybuilding was healthy...and i dont think the name of this forum is "get healthy"

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2009, 09:04:50 PM »
yes, sodium intake does temporarily increase blood pressure. and so does steroids and most other anabolic agents.

no one ever said bodybuilding was healthy...and i dont think the name of this forum is "get healthy"

::)  You're an annoying little twat you know that?  The premise of bodybuilding encompasses many things; size, strength, health, nutrition, vitality.  Just because the modern day version of a bodybuilder embraces stupidity, rampant drug use, and irresponsibility does not mean that's the essence of bodybuilding.  And thousands of healthy, responsible, and very impressive bodybuilders would agree.  Getting huge at all costs without regard for one's health is your interpretation of bodybuilding, which isn't surprising considering your age and your mindest.  When you decide to grow up you'll change your views. 

And a better name for getbig at times should be "Get Stupid" or "Get Teenagers".   

Steroids directly affect electrolyte levels and a host of other mechanisms (glucose/insulin levels) in the body in supraphysiological doses.  It's not just sodium nor is it just sodium from the diet.  And no most drugs like EQ, winstrol, var, etc. do not give you the water retention that test and the more androgenic drugs do.  Hypternsion is one of the leading causes of a host of heath problems i.e. kidney problems, heart problems, etc.  It's wise for any bodybuilder to take their BP very seriously when they are using anabolic steroids. 

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2009, 10:00:28 PM »
::)  You're an annoying little twat you know that?  The premise of bodybuilding encompasses many things; size, strength, health, nutrition, vitality.  Just because the modern day version of a bodybuilder embraces stupidity, rampant drug use, and irresponsibility does not mean that's the essence of bodybuilding.  And thousands of healthy, responsible, and very impressive bodybuilders would agree.  Getting huge at all costs without regard for one's health is your interpretation of bodybuilding, which isn't surprising considering your age and your mindest.  When you decide to grow up you'll change your views. 

And a better name for getbig at times should be "Get Stupid" or "Get Teenagers".   

Steroids directly affect electrolyte levels and a host of other mechanisms (glucose/insulin levels) in the body in supraphysiological doses.  It's not just sodium nor is it just sodium from the diet.  And no most drugs like EQ, winstrol, var, etc. do not give you the water retention that test and the more androgenic drugs do.  Hypternsion is one of the leading causes of a host of heath problems i.e. kidney problems, heart problems, etc.  It's wise for any bodybuilder to take their BP very seriously when they are using anabolic steroids. 

amazing that you wrote all of that without actually saying anything at all.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2009, 10:17:08 PM »
amazing that you wrote all of that without actually saying anything at all.

Amazing that you're a bloated, wannabe teenage wreck of a "bodybuilder" who spends all his time on "getbig" obsessing about steroids.

efanhowz

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2009, 12:09:29 AM »
bulking for a show and "looking good" for summer do not coincide with each other. unless running hgh/slin combo to put on lean muscle while keeping fat % low immediately after previous contest, which you are not

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2009, 04:53:05 AM »
I did a show 2 weeks ago and am still holding pretty good conditioning. Especially with summer being around the corner I really don't want to walk around as a bloated mess. So if there are some adjustments I can make to stay looking lean instead of a dead big that's been baking in the sun!! I'm thinking i'll run some A-dex and keep the dandellion root going.

You should be able to gain a bit of size now (Not what you said 8-12lbs) maybe 2-3 lbs max of quality muscle.  Just eat enough to gain about 10-15lbs, train smart and do a bit of cardio each week you should be OK.  I agree too that people should not try and go crazy with sodium, there is so much in everything you eat.  I like to start moderating my sodium as I begin getting in shape.  No reason to try hard to avoid all of it but dont add much.  The dandellion root is a mild herbal diuretic, I would stop using that now.

You can stay lean by manipulating your diet and activity.....thats the bottom line.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2009, 03:14:33 PM »
Amazing that you're a bloated, wannabe teenage wreck of a "bodybuilder" who spends all his time on "getbig" obsessing about steroids.
hm, well, i have posted pictures of myself. if you would like to post a picture for comparison then be my guest.

beyond that point, which should be saved for the G&O anyways, your input on this forum so far has never provided anything helpful useful innovative worthy..etc etc.

NEOFARQ

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2009, 05:15:20 PM »
k thats what I was thinking Luv2hurt!! Appreciate your maturity and not attacking people like others on the board, keep ya posted on my progress!! Gonnsa try and get a hold of some NPP in the mean time!! In LA for the Cal tomorrow just 2 watch, on my way to train at Gold's Venice and then have my post workout meal at the Firehouse!!! Life is good!!