Author Topic: best way to quit tramadol  (Read 2243 times)

rifat

• Getbig II
best way to quit tramadol
« on: May 20, 2009, 11:07:46 AM »
MY GIRLFRIEND HAS BEEN ON TRAMADOL FOR ONE YEAR STRAIGHT ALONG WITH BROMAZEPAN AND AN ANTIDEPRESSANT!HER DOC KNOWS ABOUT THE OTHER TWO DRUGS BUT NOT ABOUT TR
AMADOL!WHAT'S THE BEST WAY TO QUIT:STOP COLD OR TAPER DOWN SLOWLY(SHE TOOK 400MG /DAY)?ARE THERE ANY OTHER DRUGS THAT COULD HELP HER DURING THE WITHDRAWAL(SHE DOES NOT DRINK AND DOES NOT DO REC DRUGS)?
I ABUSED THIS SHIT TOO BUT I STOPPED COLD;HAD ONE WEEK OF PHYSICAL AND ONE WEEK OF MENTAL WITHDRAWAL!
THANKS FOR ALL SERIOUS ANSWERS AND STAY AWAY FROM THIS SHIT!

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: best way to quit tramadol
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 04:49:19 PM »
Taper down absolutely and/or she could substitute it with codeine (a milder opiate). And take that at lower dosages when she git's the bad withdrawals. Also i suggest she should take 1 antihistamine a day and have some xanax at hand incase she get's the "shakes." But all in all her dosage wasn't that BIG and she can come off it as long as she really wants to.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 06:56:13 AM »
Taper down absolutely and/or she could substitute it with codeine (a milder opiate). And take that at lower dosages when she git's the bad withdrawals. Also i suggest she should take 1 antihistamine a day and have some xanax at hand incase she get's the "shakes." But all in all her dosage wasn't that BIG and she can come off it as long as she really wants to.

..and there's the X factor.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 07:04:55 AM »

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 04:54:46 PM »

Agreed, taper definitely best option

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 05:39:35 PM »
i agree with the tapering method but tramadol is non-narcotic and is supposed to be less habit forming than other opiate based meds... tramadol sucks imo...if shes having that hard of prob with it i would suggest that she go see her dr. and ask for valium as it helps with withdrawal systems...she could try saboxone, this helps ween off the drugs

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 11:51:21 AM »
i agree with the tapering method but tramadol is non-narcotic and is supposed to be less habit forming than other opiate based meds... tramadol sucks imo...if shes having that hard of prob with it i would suggest that she go see her dr. and ask for valium as it helps with withdrawal systems...she could try saboxone, this helps ween off the drugs

Not suboxone, subutex is better.  Trust me, and PM me for any other ?s.  ive done this protocal 10 times.  She should take clonidine with it as well .1mg. 
Goto subutex.com to find a licensced dr. to distrubute it.
Most are all show no go!

jayfromeurope

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 12:03:32 PM »
Can someone help me to quit Tramadol. I need help. IF someone know something help me please.

Thanks
J

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 02:37:58 AM »
Not suboxone, subutex is better.  Trust me, and PM me for any other ?s.  ive done this protocal 10 times.  She should take clonidine with it as well .1mg. 
Goto subutex.com to find a licensced dr. to distrubute it.

I take it that you are joking right?
Since subutex is million times stronger than tramadol.
Tramadol is ok for short term pain management, but that's it.
Anyone with any kind of tolerance would have to take boatloads of it to even "feel" something let alone "get rolling."
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 08:21:44 AM »
Anyone with any kind of tolerance would have to take boatloads of it to even "feel" something let alone "get rolling."

Tramadol works on the same receptors that opiates do, so if at last resort, she cannot quit, there are experts out there, (better than you and I) that WILL get her off.  Refer to the physicians desk referance.  Also, subutex comes in 8mg and 2mg.  2mg is easy to get off of.  Tramadol is very hard for some people, so lay off, and try to be helpful.
Most are all show no go!

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 09:20:38 AM »
Tramadol works on the same receptors that opiates do, so if at last resort, she cannot quit, there are experts out there, (better than you and I) that WILL get her off.  Refer to the physicians desk referance.  Also, subutex comes in 8mg and 2mg.  2mg is easy to get off of.  Tramadol is very hard for some people, so lay off, and try to be helpful.

The drug you are referring to is buprenorphine.   It is a strong opiate that is administered sublingually.  It satisfies the addicts cravings, but it's hard to get high off of.  Otherwise, it is very similar to methadone.

I can't see how you could possibly need it to stop using tramadol.  It's prescribed for oxycontin, heroin, etc. addicts.

If you are not opiate tolerant, 2mg of bupe will make you very sick.  Many doctors prescribe way to much of it to help addicts and they end up addicted to the buprenorphine, which is even harder to get off of because it's half life is about a day.

It works wonders, because it completely kill the cravings without making you high, but only use it if you must.  If you do go that route, get it in the 0.2mg per pill doses and start with 0.4 mg and work your way up in 0.2mg increments until your cravings are gone.  Many people find that it only takes them 2-4 mg to do the trick, when docs prescribe them 8mg of more. 

I know people who've been addicted to vicodin (8-10 10mg pills per day) and it only took them 2mg per day to make the cravings/withdrawls subside.  You can drop your dose by .2mg per day and taper off fairly easily.

You must be in mild to severe withdrawls before you start taking it.  Why?  It is an opiate antagonist meaning it knocks other opiates off of the opiate receptors and, if you are high off of vicodin, heroin, etc., it will cause precipitated withdrawls which are god awful and potentially deadly.

I would not fuck around with it for Tramadol.  Grow some balls stop cold turkey and take some xanax for the withdrawls. 

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 11:16:38 AM »

yeah i agree, tram sucks monkey nuts for pain...they usually give it to people who have little to no tolerance for pain meds...tram never worked for me so they switched me to opiate based meds...vic, percs, etc....you do indeed to take a shit load of it in order to reap the benefits of it...i took 3 the first time i used it and all it did was made me feel kind of absent minded and dizzy...reg pain meds actually give me energy and put me in a much better mood...and helps me last a lot longer in the bedroom ;)

jetcity

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2009, 02:02:43 PM »
take her to the dr, and get her prescribed 'clonidine' and don't get the patch. expensive, if u have no insurance... and it really doesn't work, right..

but the 2clonidine pills every 4hrs! with blood pressure checked! because, she will get dizzy... n u don't want that!

clonidine is a blood pressure med, and it will help with WD, don't expect a miracle but tuffing it out with these pills are the only way...

till u go see a dr, u can goto a store n get immodium AD, it's an Opiate! so, it will help with WD, stay away from redmeat, hot drinks, get massage on back everyday.

to be honest tramadol WD is nothing... lol before she moves onto other opiates like most addicts do... if u don't help her now, she'll be suckin dirty c*ck for a pill, soon or later..  good luck!

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2009, 05:45:07 PM »
take her to the dr, and get her prescribed 'clonidine' and don't get the patch. expensive, if u have no insurance... and it really doesn't work, right..

but the 2clonidine pills every 4hrs! with blood pressure checked! because, she will get dizzy... n u don't want that!

clonidine is a blood pressure med, and it will help with WD, don't expect a miracle but tuffing it out with these pills are the only way...

till u go see a dr, u can goto a store n get immodium AD, it's an Opiate! so, it will help with WD, stay away from redmeat, hot drinks, get massage on back everyday.

to be honest tramadol WD is nothing... lol before she moves onto other opiates like most addicts do... if u don't help her now, she'll be suckin dirty c*ck for a pill, soon or later..  good luck!

couldnt agree more...i had WD from opiates before and its no fun but i did cold turkey almost...i took a valium for the first two days and stayed busy to keep my mind off the drugs and it worked pretty well

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 11:58:50 AM »
couldnt agree more...i had WD from opiates before and its no fun but i did cold turkey almost...i took a valium for the first two days and stayed busy to keep my mind off the drugs and it worked pretty well

Just curious, did you check your bloodpressure during WD and did you notice your heart rate change? Most people whom had to go through some serious WD say that they "thought they were going to go crazy and that their heart pumped like a guy!" 
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 12:59:24 PM »
Just curious, did you check your bloodpressure during WD and did you notice your heart rate change? Most people whom had to go through some serious WD say that they "thought they were going to go crazy and that their heart pumped like a ####!" 

Yes, it's scary.  My heart felt like it was beating irregularly and very hard.

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 10:14:16 PM »
i just felt restless and irritated all the time...it took a couple of days for me to feel comp. normal again...never had any issues with bp or my heart rate...guess thats where the valium came in handy

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2009, 02:24:00 AM »
i just felt restless and irritated all the time...it took a couple of days for me to feel comp. normal again...never had any issues with bp or my heart rate...guess thats where the valium came in handy

Valium or Xanax + Soma (muscle relaxer) is even better for withdrawls.

jetcity

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2009, 06:47:19 PM »
benzo's knock u out for only an hour.. and if you use benzos than ur gonna be addicted those.

i've seen so many ppl got hooked like that way. along with cigarettes.

so, no benzo's. those WD are even worse than opiate wd. and could have seizure and shit.

using drugs to quit drugs are the worst. if your gonna quit, u just gotta make up ur mind n u'd b aite! except benzos... bad shit.

hope you helped her.

darmhok

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2009, 01:30:59 AM »
best way to quit taking it is to STOP TAKING IT. yeah withdrawl sucks but it will pass

gooer

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2009, 09:33:02 PM »
tramadol isn't even fun i don't know how you could get addicted to it.