Author Topic: Rush: I am resigning as head of the republican party.  (Read 3277 times)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Rush: I am resigning as head of the republican party.
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2009, 10:14:35 AM »
Because we are laughing at him and the silly people that listen to him.

No,they are not laughing.They made him a target because they ARE SCARED OF HIM!!!Just as they shit in their pants when they hear Chenney[who destroyed Obama today].People you laugh at,you laugh once and then ignore them.They mention him DAILY..

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2009, 10:30:15 AM »
It was a goof.He then said he gives it to Colin Powell and Powell should lead the republicans as Powell thinks he knows whats best for the party.Higher taxes,more government,government take overs of buisiness,tax money paying for foreign abortions etc etc.

By the way,Powell looks like a f'n fool today when he said "Americans want higher taxes and more government in their lives:".Really?Well,California just shot down, by OVERWHELMING margins, that theory.As usual,the libs dont know what the hell they are talking about.Powell is a f'n fool as lib pretending to be a republican.His brand of politics is death for republicans.

Dude... The California citizens voted like idiots.

They shot down:

1. Taxes
2. Spending
3. Cuts in personnel
4. Cuts in services

So I ask you, where do they expect to fix the budget problem if they don't get taxed, or cut spending, or cut services, or government personnel.

They want to keep everything, save no money, but don't want to be taxed higher.

That's moronic.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2009, 11:17:03 AM »
Dude... The California citizens voted like idiots.

They shot down:

1. Taxes
2. Spending
3. Cuts in personnel
4. Cuts in services

So I ask you, where do they expect to fix the budget problem if they don't get taxed, or cut spending, or cut services, or government personnel.

They want to keep everything, save no money, but don't want to be taxed higher.

That's moronic.

The cuts were a joke!!!!They need to do away with MANY agencies that do nothing but double work.They need to redue the pension plans of government workers.etc.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2009, 11:22:43 AM »
The cuts were a joke!!!!They need to do away with MANY agencies that do nothing but double work.They need to redue the pension plans of government workers.etc.

That doesn't take away from the fact that the citizens that you are quoting are absolutely moronic if they think they can keep everything they have and not have to pay more for it.

Why you would use a group of voters as your talking point who apparently have no idea how to balance their own checkbook is beyond me.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2009, 11:23:29 AM »
That doesn't take away from the fact that the citizens that you are quoting are absolutely moronic if they think they can keep everything they have and not have to pay more for it.

Why you would use a group of voters as your talking point who apparently have no idea how to balance their own checkbook is beyond me.

They are not going to have a choice since they are about to lose both. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 11:46:52 AM »

MY POINT WAS ,pOWELL SAID aMERICANS want MORE TAXES AND MORE GOVERNMENT.WELL,MORE TAXES AND MORE GOVERNMENT FAILED EVEN IN SAN FRAN.In the end it wont matter because WE will bail out Cali. and pay MORE taxes anyway.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2009, 11:48:51 AM »
MY POINT WAS ,pOWELL SAID aMERICANS want MORE TAXES AND MORE GOVERNMENT.WELL,MORE TAXES AND MORE GOVERNMENT FAILED EVEN IN SAN FRAN.In the end it wont matter because WE will bail out Cali. and pay MORE taxes anyway.

I'm just discussing what you said about the citizens of California... Obviously Powell was incorrect in that statement.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2009, 12:30:08 PM »
Again...do u not follow politics. Powell went before the UN and lied. If u don't believe Bush about WMD's in Iraq, u can't believe in Powell either. Powell should have resigned if he didn't go along with the plan. That act could have forstalled the invasion, if he felt that strongly. Just because Powell is black or whatever should not make him any less guilty, if u believe Bush lied to the American people. Powell was against the Gulf War as well.

He did resign HH6 and yes he did lie to the UN but no knowingly.  You know this so don't pretend you don't.  At that time US intelligence said the there were possible WMD's and biological weapons in Iraq.  Heck biological weapons information was given by the US to Iraq during the 1980's it was thought that in the 20 years since they likely had a decent arsenal and they had used them before on their own people.  In the end it was found that there were no WMD's and in hindsight i guess you could say Bush and Powell lied.  But you would be wrong.  At the time of those statements it was widely believed to be the truth.  Hell even English intelligence couldn't refute it that's how little was known, and they ended up in he war too. 

It cost Powell his job.  I don't believe he knowingly lied.

As for Powell resigning because he was against going into Iraq what a stupid, stupid statement.  So basically as an adviser to the president if you disagree on anything you should resign?  Why have anyone who doesn't agree with you then. 
Abandon every hope...

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2009, 06:51:57 AM »
Powell is a better man than Cheney or Rush will ever be.

Anyone who says otherwise is just a complete idiot.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2009, 07:27:20 AM »
Powell is a better man than Cheney or Rush will ever be.

Anyone who says otherwise is just a complete idiot.

Fuck you,who the fuck are you to judge anyone.I dont care if hes a better man.HE IS A SHITTY REPUBLICAN !!!!HE HAS SHITTY POLITICAL VIEWS!!!!!!HE SHOULD GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY AND BECOME A DEMOCRAT!!!!!WE DONT WANT HIM,HE DOESNT SPEAK FOR CONSERVATIVES,HES A FILTHY LIB WITH AN INSANE WIFE!!!!!!!!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2009, 07:30:40 AM »
Funny that some in this thread regard Powell as not lying, but accuse the "Bush admin" of lying....can't have it both ways fellas. 

I don't think Powell lied, just like I don't think Bush lied.  They both acted on faulty intel.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2009, 08:13:31 AM »
Fuck you,who the fuck are you to judge anyone.I dont care if hes a better man.HE IS A SHITTY REPUBLICAN !!!!HE HAS SHITTY POLITICAL VIEWS!!!!!!HE SHOULD GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY AND BECOME A DEMOCRAT!!!!!WE DONT WANT HIM,HE DOESNT SPEAK FOR CONSERVATIVES,HES A FILTHY LIB WITH AN INSANE WIFE!!!!!!!!

Based on your viewpoint and the general direction of the GOP, Powell - in addition to being a better man than Cheney, Bush and Rush ever will be - is actually a better man than the GOP as a party deserves.

Interesting you ask me who am I am to judge anyone and yet the first thing you do is judge the man on everything from his skin color, his political views, his choice of wife, etc..  Might want to learn the definition of "hypocrisy" before making yourself look like a fool.

He's a better Republican than the rest of the far right idiots could ever be.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2009, 08:58:12 AM »
Based on your viewpoint and the general direction of the GOP, Powell - in addition to being a better man than Cheney, Bush and Rush ever will be - is actually a better man than the GOP as a party deserves.

Interesting you ask me who am I am to judge anyone and yet the first thing you do is judge the man on everything from his skin color, his political views, his choice of wife, etc..  Might want to learn the definition of "hypocrisy" before making yourself look like a fool.

He's a better Republican than the rest of the far right idiots could ever be.

How can a man that campaigned for THE MOST LIBERAL democrat in history be a "good republican".Please explain that brilliant observation.How can a "good" republican say "America wants higher taxes and more government in their lives".IF YOU STAND AGAINST THE VERY TENANT OF THE PARTY HOW CAN YOU BE GOOD FOR THE PARTY?You make no sense,he makes no sense and the libs who support him make no sense.

Thats like a guy who supports abortion,doesnt believe in recieving communion,and hates the Pope saying "Im a good Catholic".Its impossible to be against the things the party stands for and be good for the party..You ARE NOT a republican.Stick to dictating what your party of anti-American idiots do,NOT on our party.Powell is a democrat,he voted democrat,campaigned for a democrat.HE IS NOT A REPUBLICAN!

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2009, 09:03:09 AM »
The fact that he saw through the sham of McCain and the inept Palin ticket is proof of being a good Republican.  The fact that the man can make a sound decision without blindly following the bleating of the party idiots shows that he has smarts too.

But hey, kick him out.  Kick all the moderates out.  Then the remaining 14% (if lucky) conservative jesus base can get down to business with winning elections again right?  That'll work.  Alienate the entire majority of free thinking party members who can draw votes from the main stream American population and independents and then sit back and expect the country to adapt to YOUR way of thinking.
Great idea.  I fully endorse it.  Go Repubs!!  And tell them ol' Whigs we said "hi".

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2009, 09:14:51 AM »
The fact that he saw through the sham of McCain and the inept Palin ticket is proof of being a good Republican.  The fact that the man can make a sound decision without blindly following the bleating of the party idiots shows that he has smarts too.

But hey, kick him out.  Kick all the moderates out.  Then the remaining 14% (if lucky) conservative jesus base can get down to business with winning elections again right?  That'll work.  Alienate the entire majority of free thinking party members who can draw votes from the main stream American population and independents and then sit back and expect the country to adapt to YOUR way of thinking.
Great idea.  I fully endorse it.  Go Repubs!!  And tell them ol' Whigs we said "hi".

When Ronald Regan won in landslides did he run the way Powell wants the party to go?When Bush won ,did he run like Powell wants the party to go?NO!!!They didnt.They ran as conservative tax cutters with less government in our lives![turns out Bush was full of crap but...].Conservatives win when they run as conservatives.SMALLER GOVERNMENT,LESS INTERVENTION IN OUR LIVES,LOWER TAXES!!!These are winning issues everytime,which is why Obama lied and ran as a guy that would cut taxes.

The conservative message attracts people by proclaiming personal liberty and letting us keep our money.We LOOSE everytime we run as moderats,[DOLE,McCain].Powell,is a moderate.Independants dont vote republican when its democrat light.Reagan democrats voted republican because they want to keep their money.Powelll thinks they want to pay more in taxes.Powell thinks we want MORE government.We just ran a guy like that HE GOT CRUSHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!McCAIN IS exactly WHAT POWELL WANTED!What happened?Obliterated at the polls.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2009, 09:18:26 AM »
When Ronald Regan won in landslides did he run the way Powell wants the party to go?When Bush won ,did he run like Powell wants the party to go?NO!!!They didnt.They ran as conservative tax cutters with less government in our lives![turns out Bush was full of crap but...].Conservatives win when they run as conservatives.SMALLER GOVERNMENT,LESS INTERVENTION IN OUR LIVES,LOWER TAXES!!!These are winning issues everytime,which is why Obama lied and ran as a guy that would cut taxes.

The conservative message attracts people by proclaiming personal liberty and letting us keep our money.We LOOSE everytime we run as moderats,[DOLE,McCain].Powell,is a moderate.Independants dont vote republican when its democrat light.Reagan democrats voted republican because they want to keep their money.Powelll thinks they want to pay more in taxes.Powell thinks we want MORE government.We just ran a guy like that HE GOT CRUSHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!McCAIN IS exactly WHAT POWELL WANTED!What happened?Obliterated at the polls.

You're confusing conservatives and neo-conservatives. You guys are talking about two different things.

People have no problem with fiscal conservatives, they are all about low taxes and smaller government. Lots of people can get behind that.

The problem is that the Republican party ISN'T about smaller government and low taxes, they're just about low taxes, which equates to large amounts of debt.

They are not about staying out of your business, they want to tell you who and what you can do at all times.

Fiscal conservatives with social liberal leanings will win in this country.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2009, 09:48:10 AM »
You're confusing conservatives and neo-conservatives. You guys are talking about two different things.

People have no problem with fiscal conservatives, they are all about low taxes and smaller government. Lots of people can get behind that.

The problem is that the Republican party ISN'T about smaller government and low taxes, they're just about low taxes, which equates to large amounts of debt.

They are not about staying out of your business, they want to tell you who and what you can do at all times.

I dont quite agree.I DO agree that the republicans as they stand now ARE NOT for smaller government AT ALL!!!

However,Im not sure about liberal leaning being important.Everytime gay marriage comes up on a ballot it looses,the country is now 51% pro life according to polls.Im not saying we need right wing religious kooks in there,but Im not sure if leaning left is AS important as some people think.

Now,saying that,Poweel is neither conservative on economic issues OR social issues.He is a dyed in the wood liberal through and through.Like I said YOU CANT BE Republican if your FOR higher taxes and more government.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2009, 10:36:35 AM »
I dont quite agree.I DO agree that the republicans as they stand now ARE NOT for smaller government AT ALL!!!

However,Im not sure about liberal leaning being important.Everytime gay marriage comes up on a ballot it looses,the country is now 51% pro life according to polls.Im not saying we need right wing religious kooks in there,but Im not sure if leaning left is AS important as some people think.

Now,saying that,Poweel is neither conservative on economic issues OR social issues.He is a dyed in the wood liberal through and through.Like I said YOU CANT BE Republican if your FOR higher taxes and more government.

I think that in the long run, the country will always be for more Civil Liberties, perhaps the term "liberal" isn't the right term... Let's say, "promotion of civil liberties".

You bring up gay marriage, and that's fine, but remember, at one time, segregation was fought by the "liberal" groups and look at where we are.

Abortion was the same way... now abortion is done (some disagree, but I've shown where the balance of abortion is no longer on the fence, but pretty clear cut that MOST people are fine with abortion... I am not talking about it being right or wrong, but MOST people are fine with it.)

While being completely "liberal" in regards to welfare and government aide and what not is obviously not something the majority of the middle class of America agree with, I think that being for MORE inherent civil liberties is something most will get behind.

Sure, gay marriage is in it's infancy and as such will meet with resistance, but that too shall pass.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2009, 08:52:41 AM »
LOL
Blood pressure has reached astronomical levels...call the paramedics.  ;D

"BILLY MINIMUM" will say, do, and believe anything his obese, drug addicted racist hero tells him.
!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2009, 08:57:17 AM »

"BILLY" is the type of repube moron who will lead his beloved party to the way of the Whigs and the dodo bird. All while making the fat bigot of the radio airwaves richer and richer.
!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2009, 09:07:52 AM »
Rush= very bad bbing genetics and 40%-50% bf=not good
I hate the State.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2009, 11:22:10 AM »

Except for Reagan twice, Bush Sr. once, and Dubya twice.  Even Clinton wasn't a complete social liberal. 

And Carter and Obama are both fiscal and social liberals. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2009, 11:26:42 AM »
Except for Reagan twice, Bush Sr. once, and Dubya twice.  Even Clinton wasn't a complete social liberal. 

And Carter and Obama are both fiscal and social liberals. 

None of those guys except for Clinton were fiscal conservatives... What are you saying?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2009, 11:45:34 AM »
None of those guys except for Clinton were fiscal conservatives... What are you saying?

With the exception of Carter and Obama, they all ran as fiscal conservatives and were not were social liberals.  Even the quasi-socialist Obama repeatedly talked about tax cuts.  That directly cuts against the contention that "Fiscal conservatives with social liberal leanings will win in this country."  They don't.  I've heard the statement (even from some conservatives) that a person needs to be a social moderate (or even liberal) to win.  That's not what history shows.   

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2009, 11:52:44 AM »
With the exception of Carter and Obama, they all ran as fiscal conservatives and were not were social liberals.  Even the quasi-socialist Obama repeatedly talked about tax cuts.  That directly cuts against the contention that "Fiscal conservatives with social liberal leanings will win in this country."  They don't.  I've heard the statement (even from some conservatives) that a person needs to be a social moderate (or even liberal) to win.  That's not what history shows.   

But you just said, Obama won... He talked about Tax Cuts... That's fiscal conservatism. All of the Republicans talked about them... No, they were less socially liberal, but they weren't busy talking about gay marriage or abortion all of the time then either.

I believe that Obama won specifically based on his talking points about Lower taxes for middle class (fiscal conservatism ideas) and social liberalism.