Author Topic: Great Quote!  (Read 1301 times)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Great Quote!
« on: May 21, 2009, 10:23:59 AM »
"Once each May, amid the quiet hills and rolling lanes and breeze-brushed trees of Arlington National Cemetery, far above the majestic Potomac and the monuments and memorials of our Nation's Capital just beyond, the graves of America's military dead are decorated with the beautiful flag that in life these brave souls followed and loved. This scene is repeated across our land and around the world, wherever our defenders rest. Let us hold it our sacred duty and our inestimable privilege on this day to decorate these graves ourselves -- with a fervent prayer and a pledge of true allegiance to the cause of liberty, peace, and country for which America's own have ever served and sacrificed. ... Our pledge and our prayer this day are those of free men and free women who know that all we hold dear must constantly be built up, fostered, revered and guarded vigilantly from those in every age who seek its destruction. We know, as have our Nation's defenders down through the years, that there can never be peace without its essential elements of liberty, justice and independence. Those true and only building blocks of peace were the lone and lasting cause and hope and prayer that lighted the way of those whom we honor and remember this Memorial Day. To keep faith with our hallowed dead, let us be sure, and very sure, today and every day of our lives, that we keep their cause, their hope, their prayer, forever our country's own."

--Ronald Reagan

Hereford

• Getbig V
Re: Great Quote!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 12:42:41 PM »
Great man.

Great president.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 12:59:00 PM »
Nice find Colossus.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 03:22:29 PM »
Great man.

Great president.

Created vast debt, overspent, Iran Contra, CIA covert operations...yup, great guy... ::)
I hate the State.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 04:15:20 PM »
Created vast debt, overspent, Iran Contra, CIA covert operations...yup, great guy... ::)

he did cut the budget back in several areas, his downfall was spending way too much money on the military.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 04:16:26 PM »
he did cut the budget back in several areas, his downfall was spending way too much money on the military.

Never made good on half his promises. Totally overrated but these days people hail him as a paragon of conservatism and greatness, pretty lame.
I hate the State.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 07:03:22 PM »

The friggen US military was a joke after Carter, he saved it and spent the Russians into the ground. Best President period.
L

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 07:25:28 PM »
The friggen US military was a joke after Carter, he saved it and spent the Russians into the ground. Best President period.

x2

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 08:54:22 AM »

x3

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 09:09:25 AM »

and brought them down without getting us into a war.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 09:20:39 AM »

:o

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 09:23:28 AM »
and brought them down without getting us into a war.

Reagan would have invaded Iraq...and buffgeek......Как ваш русский. Да шахта всасывает слишком.
L

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 09:25:55 AM »
Reagan would have invaded Iraq...and buffgeek......Как ваш русский. Да шахта всасывает слишком.

I have litte doubt Reagan would have invaded Iraq. :-\
I hate the State.

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2009, 10:17:21 AM »

You mean we would be speaking russian? I was merely stating that under reagan the market almost tripled. We went from economic disaster to economic prosperity. People seem to forget the state we were in in 1980. The soviet union was a real threat the possibility of WW3 was an actual fear for us. Our economy was in the crapper too and we were considered weak.

Dont worry your memory will be jogged soon enough. Tan Jimmy Carter will remind us.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2009, 11:38:39 AM »

I disagree.  Reagan wouldn't have had to invade Iraq, He would have finished them off in 1990.   ;D