Author Topic: .  (Read 1044 times)

GymTime

• Getbig II
« on: May 21, 2009, 12:18:22 PM »

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Raider Chest Pulls
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 12:19:58 PM »
Anyone know how to do these?

Can someone post a vid of them, or pics, or a very good explanation?

Thanks!

If they are named after the Oakland Raiders,  I would advise against doing them...they will cause you to spend lots of money, go crazy and deteriorate until you also look like Al Davis in a speedo....

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 12:26:04 PM »
someone with a name like "SimplyHuge" should be telling US how to do them no?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 12:29:04 PM »

If they are named after the Oakland Raiders,  I would advise against doing them...they will cause you to spend lots of money, go crazy and deteriorate until you also look like Al Davis in a speedo....
LOL. Probably also cause you to break out in handcuffs.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 12:32:58 PM »

LOL

x2

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 12:33:07 PM »
Just found this:

There's a rather lengthy description of the exercise in Peary Rader's "Rader Master Bodybuilding and Weight Gaining System." (I got this booklet from either Iron Mind or Bill Hinbern, I think.) There's an illustration that shows the figure grasping something at just above head height. The written description, which I will excerpt, is as follows; "It is a little more difficult to learn than some other chest exercises and the better you learn it the more effective it becomes. . . . [G]rasp a bar, shelf, door, or any other solid, strong object which can be grasped slightly above the height of the top of the head. Now that you have a grasp on this object, with the hands spaced about 3 inches apart, or less, you keep the arms straight and pull down and IN and at the same time take a deep breath. If you perform this movement properly you will feel a very strong pull in the area of the breast bone, and even a sharp little pain there at times. [Willie is right again.] Don't be alarmed. [That's a message from Peary to you, Willie.] This is an indication that you are performing the exercise correctly." Rader notes that some people prefer to pull with a slight bend in the elbows, but he cautions against bending them too much. He also strongly warns against contracting the abdominals, which will prevent an effective pull from the pectorals. He also suggests incorporating a yank or jerk while pulling, and tensing the front of the neck and then pulling the head back to increase the pull. [Sounds like a recipe for a stroke.] He suggests 15-20 pulls after each set of squats and says you can do the exercise a few times a day every day. He believes that this is the best exercise for maximum chest size and is better than the pullover. I hope this is helpful. It's convinced me . . . not to do the exercise.

Rader chest pulls are done by grabing any sturdy upright object,squat rack door jam,get a hold of say one of the uprights on a squat rack,grab hold with both hands above head height,slight bend in the elbows,then take as deep a breath as possible and try and pull down and towards you,your sternum will lift up and you will feel quite an intense pull in the chest hold for 10 seconds and release repeat this 15-20 times each time taking as deep a breath as possible.

Hope this is of use

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 12:34:10 PM »
So I think it's basically the movement/attempted movement of a pullover, but on a fixed vertical bar, with slight bend at the elbows

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 12:36:26 PM »
I friend of mine tore his pec while doing them.

He stood up clutching his chest and slipped, tearing both quads

He put his hands out to land and shattered a wrist

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 01:38:52 PM »
As owner of the Raiders, Al Davis is very careful to seek the advise of General Manager Al Davis before making any decisions.  His shoes are absolutely fucking buffed.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 01:40:40 PM »
As owner of the Raiders, Al Davis is very careful to seek the advise of General Manager Al Davis before making any decisions.  His shoes are absolutely fucking buffed.

Carried any 5000lb stones lately? haha Loser!
Abandon every hope...

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, 02:52:03 PM »
I friend of mine tore his pec while doing them.

Once again, you use the line "my friend...."
Just like "your friend" that sends in a letter to PlayGirl every month asking for a David Hasselhoff spread sans a chest waxing & diet.