Author Topic: Re: On Memorial Day (Arguments)  (Read 2910 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: On Memorial Day (Arguments)
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2009, 08:46:29 AM »
Tillman was handled horribly....simple as that. We blew it. However Tillman served in both Iraq and Afghanistan. He was killed in Afghanistan on his second tour. He enlisted because of 911, he was a Ranger and was doing his job. TA ur views are warped. That soldier was a criminal, 99% aren't. He will pay for his crimes.
L

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2009, 08:46:53 AM »
Yes. No choice.

Was he drafted at about 19?
R

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2009, 08:47:39 AM »
Tillman was handled horribly....simple as that. We blew it. However Tillman served in both Iraq and Afghanistan. He was killed in Afghanistan on his second tour. He enlisted because of 911, he was a Ranger and was doing his job. TA ur views are warped. That soldier was a criminal, 99% aren't. He will pay for his crimes.
This doesn`t change the fact that their are NUMEROUS soldiers who are totally against the Iraq invasion as Tillman was.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2009, 08:49:20 AM »
Maybe this thread should just be renamed to the True Adonis Meltdown Thread

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2009, 08:50:32 AM »
Was he drafted at about 19?

No, he was 26.
I hate the State.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2009, 08:50:52 AM »
Memorial day is not only about Iraq, but WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, and all soldiers who lost their lives. 

Whether you disagree with the war(s) or not, you should give respect to these fallen people. 

Yep
S

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2009, 08:51:13 AM »
Policeman "risk" their lives (supposedly, although I am sure some would never do so, such as many soldiers would not), but there are a lot of policeman that certainly deserve ZERO respect.

Just like the soldier that is in jail right now for raping a 14 year old Iraqi girl and then murdering her entire family.  Why should I respect him?  Because he "risked" his life?

I have No respect for that human who was a soldier.  A job should not be respected universally, the individual should be evaluated instead.

By your logic then every soldier is a rapist and therefore doesn't deserve your respect?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2009, 08:51:51 AM »
Sure...and where are u getting Tillman was against the war. He's done both Afghanistan and Iraq once,before being redeployed again to Afghanistan. His family became agaist the Army after what happened. OH and TA.....if u want to sight winter soldier 2 or the IVAW folks feel free....most are frauds and full of shit.
L

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2009, 08:52:58 AM »
Do not confuse having no respect for our soldiers with having no respect for the Bush administration that killed them.

No one is undermining their deaths or the sacrifice they have made EXCEPT those idiots still pretending it was a just cause that Bush sent them on or that it was for "US freedoms" or protection.  

I have all the respect in the world for our soldiers.  I have NO respect for Bush and Cheney deception and personal vendetta with Iraq.  Our soldiers are heros, the Bush Administration are fvcking asswiping LOSERS who don't deserve to be pissed on if they were on fire because of the unnecessary deaths of our guys.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2009, 08:53:24 AM »
By your logic then every soldier is a rapist and therefore doesn't deserve your respect?
Wrong.

By my logic, I judge the individual based on merit and do not give automatic respect just because he signs a contract or has a certain employment.

Perhaps you need to stop interjecting your own, "all or nothing" approach.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2009, 08:54:00 AM »
Says u.....
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2009, 08:57:35 AM »
I don`t give automatic respect to anyone because of their occupation.  That would be a silly thing to do.
Wrong.

By my logic, I judge the individual based on merit and do not give automatic respect just because he signs a contract or has a certain employment.

Perhaps you need to stop interjecting your own, "all or nothing" approach.

How would you give automatic respect?    That's unrealistic because you wouldn't meet and get to know every soldier.  However, you can assume that that 99% aren't rapists, but instead young and old professional who volunteered to risk their lives for their country.  Memorial day is more of an acknowledgment for their sacrifices.  If you are not an american citizen you shouldn't care I guess.

So yeah, you logic is "still" flawed, just like the memo you posted about 9/11 warnings is "still" meaningless.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2009, 08:59:52 AM »
Which again wasn't the point of this thread. It was to show respect to our fallen.
L

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2009, 09:00:46 AM »
Do not confuse having no respect for our soldiers with having no respect for the Bush administration that killed them.

No one is undermining their deaths or the sacrifice they have made EXCEPT those idiots still pretending it was a just cause that Bush sent them on or that it was for "US freedoms" or protection.  

I have all the respect in the world for our soldiers.  I have NO respect for Bush and Cheney deception and personal vendetta with Iraq.  Our soldiers are heros, the Bush Administration are fvcking asswiping LOSERS who don't deserve to be pissed on if they were on fire because of the unnecessary deaths of our guys.

Very good post!!!
S

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2009, 09:02:27 AM »

QFT   ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2009, 09:03:14 AM »

Very honest and decent post. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2009, 09:06:45 AM »

Good post. Personally I think those two should be executed.
I hate the State.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2009, 09:09:57 AM »
I would amend his post to:

I have all the respect in the world for our soldiers who earn it by their deeds and merits, not because they simply signed a contract.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2009, 09:13:16 AM »

Yeah..along with Barry, he's doing the exact same thing. U can throw Pelosi and Reid in as well.
L

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2009, 09:14:39 AM »
Yeah..along with Barry, he's doing the exact same thing. U can throw Pelosi and Reid in as well.

Most American presidents should be executed.
I hate the State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2009, 09:14:43 AM »
I would amend his post to:

I have all the respect in the world for our soldiers who earn it by their deeds and merits, not because they simply signed a contract.

Memorial Day remembers those in WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, etc who were drafted and died as well.  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2009, 09:15:46 AM »
You are stating that YOUR, Commander-In-Chief, the HIGHEST RANKING MILITARY OFFICER, should be executed.

Is that not a bit treasonous?  He is your superior officer.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2009, 09:19:39 AM »
Memorial Day remembers those in WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, etc who were drafted and died as well.  

The true purpose of Memorial Day is to remember the dead in the hopes of preventing any future war or conflict.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2009, 09:20:39 AM »
He's not a commissioned officer, he's the President. I guess u missed Decides post huh.

TA..no its not....its all about remembering the dead...period.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2009, 09:21:07 AM »
The true purpose of Memorial Day is to remember the dead in the hopes of preventing any future war or conflict.

War is a fact of life.