Author Topic: Re: On Memorial Day (Arguments)  (Read 2912 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: On Memorial Day (Arguments)
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2009, 09:22:36 AM »
War is a fact of life.   
It surely is not.  It is solely a product of humans and not representative of life.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2009, 09:23:34 AM »
He's not a commissioned officer, he's the President. I guess u missed Decides post huh.

TA..no its not....its all about remembering the dead...period.
Are you saying that the United States President, the COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF is not THE HIGHEST RANKING MEMBER in the ARMED FORCES?

Seriously. Are you?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2009, 09:23:43 AM »
Yeah..along with Barry, he's doing the exact same thing. U can throw Pelosi and Reid in as well.

I don't see it.  He is not embroiling us in an unneeded war based on crappy intel that will waste billions, encourage new terrorists and kill tens of thousands

All he's doing is what McCain would have done.  We are screwed and held hostage by polarized politics.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2009, 09:25:43 AM »
The President is the Commander in Chief..but he's a civilian. He's not commisioned, he took no military oath to serve in that capacity. Further..he's above the military chain of command. Is Barry going to assume to command on the battlefield..haha, he'd shit his pants, its not his job.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2009, 09:26:10 AM »
War is a fact of life.   

War is a fact of an un-evolved society that is thousands of years from reaching its potential.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2009, 09:28:03 AM »
The military is not it's own entity, they are subject to the government.  The government is not the military, hence ( :D), Brother Barry is NOT in the military

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2009, 09:28:31 AM »
I don't see it.  He is not embroiling us in an unneeded war based on crappy intel that will waste billions, encourage new terrorists and kill tens of thousands

All he's doing is what McCain would have done.  We are screwed and held hostage by polarized politics.

Oh yes he IS. He is driving us into a ditch with his -Stan wars as I like to call him, escalating it all in Af-stan and pushing it into Pak-stan. Wasting money, resources, lives, all the while spending...in order to save the economy? No one has ever won in the Stans. Waste of everything. Not saying he isn't SLIGHTLY better than GW and Darth but...
I hate the State.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2009, 09:29:55 AM »
Most American presidents should be executed.
Now, you've lost any credibility you may have had...ridiculous comment. Do you actually live in America? Since you seem to hate so many things about it..our foreign policy, our presidents...etc. Why even bother to live here? I'm sure you'd be happer somewhere else, especially one that has a better welfare program so you can stop agaonizing over any life path, vocation, or anything else that you seem to be clueless about.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2009, 09:30:09 AM »
War is a fact of an un-evolved society that is thousands of years from reaching its potential.

Man is only really good at one thing...killing each other. That said...off to see Terminator.
L

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2009, 09:30:32 AM »
The President is the Commander in Chief..but he's a civilian. He's not commisioned, he took no military oath to serve in that capacity.
He took an oath bigger than a military oath which includes commanding the military as all Presidents do.  Lincoln used his oath as the bona fides for the civil war and holding the Union together.

The President commands you.  He is your ultimate superior officer.  Why do you have a hard time admitting that THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF is the highest ranking member in the ARMED FORCES?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2009, 09:30:51 AM »
Oh yes he IS. He is driving us into a ditch with his -Stan wars as I like to call him, escalating it all in Af-stan and pushing it into Pak-stan. Wasting money, resources, lives, all the while spending...in order to save the economy? No one has ever won in the Stans. Waste of everything. Not saying he isn't SLIGHTLY better than GW and Darth but...

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2009, 09:31:22 AM »
Now, you've lost any credibility you may have had...ridiculous comment. Do you actually live in America? Since you seem to hate so many things about it..our foreign policy, our presidents...etc. Why even bother to live here? I'm sure you'd be happer somewhere else, especially one that has a better welfare program so you can stop agaonizing over any life path, vocation, or anything else that you seem to be clueless about.

He doesn't live in America. He fled to Korea 10 years ago, claimed he was an academic when he's nothing more than an English teacher with a BA, and teeters on the verge of suicide. He lives in a fantasy world.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2009, 09:34:05 AM »
Man is only really good at one thing...killing each other. That said...off to see Terminator.

Do you want all people to die?  Do you care if all people die?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2009, 09:37:06 AM »
It surely is not.  It is solely a product of humans and not representative of life.

TA again doped up and not reading thousands of years of history. 

I can't wait till you get into the real world one day. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2009, 09:38:12 AM »

I don't live there. I am an expat. Haven't lived there for years and since I live abroad foreign policy is of prime interest.

There are a lot of good things about the US, its politcs is not one of them. I know, I know. You can't be critical of the government...but based on the standards we used to try criminals after WWII most presidents have violated those standards. Whole administrations should have been executed for Vietnam as an example. If you believe in liberty and the right of self-determination as I do, then that right must extend to foreign nations as well as individuals. If nations make choices on their own we should respect those choices, not participate in genocide, coups and assassinations. It is a pretty simple principle. We should mind our own business. Do you want the government to invade your home, pillage and steal from it?

What has become of the USA? Is all that we have, our military, our weapons? In Asia they are beating us to a pulp economically and they didn't have to launch a missile to do it. And they did it using the same capitalist model we USED to have. All we have are our guns and weapons. We have been better than that and could be again.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2009, 09:40:49 AM »
He doesn't live in America. He fled to Korea 10 years ago, claimed he was an academic when he's nothing more than an English teacher with a BA, and teeters on the verge of suicide. He lives in a fantasy world.

No, I lived in Europe for 8 years PRIOR to my stint in Korea since I have dual citizenship. All other information is irrelevant. Never once have you provided counterpoints as to why we waste trillions running a world empire that we don't need. You are nothing but ad hominems. Got a real argument and I am more than willing to engage in discussion.
I hate the State.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2009, 09:42:36 AM »
I don't live there. I am an expat. Haven't lived there for years and since I live abroad foreign policy is of prime interest.

There are a lot of good things about the US, its politcs is not one of them. I know, I know. You can't be critical of the government...but based on the standards we used to try criminals after WWII most presidents have violated those standards. Whole administrations should have been executed for Vietnam as an example. If you believe in liberty and the right of self-determination as I do, then that right must extend to foreign nations as well as individuals. If nations make choices on their own we should respect those choices, not participate in genocide, coups and assassinations. It is a pretty simple principle. We should mind our own business. Do you want the government to invade your home, pillage and steal from it?

What has become of the USA? Is all that we have, our military, are weapons? In Asia they are beating us to a pulp economically and they didn't have to launch a missile to do it. And they did it using the same capitalist model we USED to have. All we have are our guns and weapons. We have been better than that and could be again.
Well since you don't live here, then I have more respect for you..in the sense you're not being critical and still living here..Quite honestly with what I see starting to happen here, I'm not a 100% sure I will live here forever either.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2009, 09:43:28 AM »
No, I lived in Europe for 8 years PRIOR to my stint in Korea since I have dual citizenship. All other information is irrelevant. Never once have you provided counterpoints as to why we waste trillions running a world empire that we don't need. You are nothing but ad hominems. Got a real argument and I am more than willing to engage in discussion.

You live in a fantasy world. You think all will be fine and dandy in the world if we were to leave every base we have. You're clueless because you think the Russians and Chinese will just sit there and do nothing. They will fill the power vacuum we leave behind and nothing will change.  ::)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2009, 09:44:59 AM »
You live in a fantasy world. You think all will be fine and dandy in the world if we were to leave every base we have. You're clueless because you think the Russians and Chinese will just sit there and do nothing. They will fill the power vacuum we leave behind and nothing will change.  ::)

Then they could go broke trying to rule the world, the USSR did and we are following suite. The world doesn't need a policeman, it needs trade, travel and commerce.
I hate the State.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2009, 09:47:01 AM »
TA again doped up and not reading thousands of years of history. 

I can't wait till you get into the real world one day. 
Again, war is solely a human invention.  No other creature on this planet engages or ever has engaged in such mass barbarism for such trivial reasons.

What or where is this "fake" and "real" world dichotomy you speak of?  How do you delineate the two and what are the boundaries?

I do not understand what a fake and real world consists of?  I do not find the concept to be applicable since we all live in one world and each live different lives.  Again, the dichotomy makes zero sense.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2009, 09:56:51 AM »
Again, war is solely a human invention.  No other creature on this planet engages or ever has engaged in such mass barbarism for such trivial reasons.

What or where is this "fake" and "real" world dichotomy you speak of?  How do you delineate the two and what are the boundaries?

I do not understand what a fake and real world consists of?  I do not find the concept to be applicable since we all live in one world and each live different lives.  Again, the dichotomy makes zero sense.

Its called a history book.  Maybe you should read one. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2009, 09:58:33 AM »
Its called a history book.  Maybe you should read one. 

I read voraciously, especially historical non-fiction.  I detect that you do not though.

So which History book explains the "fake" and "real" world Dichotomy since you cannot do so?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2009, 10:04:35 AM »
I read voraciously, especially historical non-fiction.  I detect that you do not though.

So which History book explains the "fake" and "real" world Dichotomy since you cannot do so?

I dont know what you are reading, but whatever it is obviously is coming from a viewpoint you want to hear.

Man has been at war with one another forever.  This will never change.  Its who we are.  The best way thus from beig attacked is to understand the nature of man and war and prepare like Sun Tzu in the famous Art of War. 

Also, the famous quote "If you want Peace, Prepare for War" has a lot more wisdom than you are willing to acknoweldge because it does not comport with your personal view.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2009, 10:22:08 AM »
I dont know what you are reading, but whatever it is obviously is coming from a viewpoint you want to hear.

Man has been at war with one another forever.  This will never change.  Its who we are.  The best way thus from beig attacked is to understand the nature of man and war and prepare like Sun Tzu in the famous Art of War. 

Also, the famous quote "If you want Peace, Prepare for War" has a lot more wisdom than you are willing to acknoweldge because it does not comport with your personal view.

War is not "who we are".

I have a copy of The Art of War by Sun Tzu and have read it many times.  Obviously you have not because Sun Tzu EXPLICITLY CONDEMNS TORTURE in his book.

Sun Tzu tells us: "Treat captives well, and care for them." (2.19).   "All soldiers taken must be cared for with magnanimity and sincerity so that they may be used by us."

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2009, 10:24:19 AM »
Another Gem:
In the practical art of war, the best thing of all is to take the enemy's country whole and intact; to shatter and destroy it is not so good. So, too, it is better to recapture an army entire than to destroy it.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War