Author Topic: Useless Holidays  (Read 1612 times)

Hereford

• Getbig V
Useless Holidays
« on: May 22, 2009, 01:26:22 PM »
Have you realized how many pointless holidays there are in the US? Most holidays seem like nothing more than excuses for government workers and select industries like banks to take a free day off.

List of idiotic holidays:

1. Martin Luther King Day
2. Presidents Day
3. Columbus Day
4. Labor Day
5. ??

Now, there is movements to have a Ceasar Chaves day, Kwanzaa day, ans some are even pushing for a 9/11 holiday..

On top of this, most government workers come up with random-assed excuses to create more holidays (inservices, retreats, etc...)

Who else here thinks this is getting out of hand? Lets call them what they really are, "Sleeping off the hangover days"

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Useless Holidays
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 01:38:54 PM »
Hey....those are all 4 days for me. Stopping shitting on my parade. Besides everybody used to get those off...
L

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 01:41:34 PM »
What?

Who the fvck (besides government workers, bankers and school kids) gets National Black Appeasement Day off? Who gets Obama day and Columbus day off? I haven't since I got outta school...

Labor day is nice, but everywhere you would want to go is always 300% over capacity... So it becomes a sleep-in day.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 01:42:24 PM »
Have you realized how many pointless holidays there are in the US? Most holidays seem like nothing more than excuses for government workers and select industries like banks to take a free day off.

List of idiotic holidays:

1. Martin Luther King Day
2. Presidents Day
3. Columbus Day
4. Labor Day
5. ??

Now, there is movements to have a Ceasar Chaves day, Kwanzaa day, ans some are even pushing for a 9/11 holiday..

On top of this, most government workers come up with random-assed excuses to create more holidays (inservices, retreats, etc...)

Who else here thinks this is getting out of hand? Lets call them what they really are, "Sleeping off the hangover days"

Holidays are useless without the proper genetics.
I hate the State.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 01:47:48 PM »
What?

Who the fvck (besides government workers, bankers and school kids) gets National Black Appeasement Day off? Who gets Obama day and Columbus day off? I haven't since I got outta school...

Labor day is nice, but everywhere you would want to go is always 300% over capacity... So it becomes a sleep-in day.

Not saying they're worthwhile, but more businesses used to be closed. Maybe u need more days off.
L