Author Topic: I hope owning that pit bull was worth endangering your child  (Read 21977 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

Fuckstick.  Gotta love all the pit bull apologists out there who will swear that dogs - and especially pit bulls - are perfectly compatible with small children.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4199432

PITTSBURGH -- A pit bull owned by Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison bit his 2-year-old son in the thigh, but the boy is expected to recover as he remained hospitalized Friday, the player's agent said.

Harrison's agent, William Parise, told The Associated Press that James III was bitten after his mother let the dog out of its pen Thursday afternoon. Parise wouldn't identify the woman, but said she and Harrison's massage therapist also were hurt trying to help the boy. The massage therapist needed three stitches, Parise said.

Parise said Harrison was not home at the time, but was nearby and alerted after the dog attacked. Parise has not spoken to the boy's doctors, but Harrison told the agent his son likely will be hospitalized another day or two.

Parise said the boy's injuries were "serious but certainly not life-threatening. I think any time a child is injured and requires hospitalization, it's a serious thing. I know James was very concerned about his son."

The dog was removed by an animal control agency.

Burt Lauten, spokesman for the Super Bowl champion Steelers, said the team is "aware of this unfortunate situation. We express our concern for his family and hope that everyone involved makes a complete recovery."

A Franklin Park police spokeswoman on Friday said police are not commenting because the incident remains under investigation.

Parise said Harrison's son is at UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh. A hospital spokesman said the family does not want information released.

Harrison lives about 15 miles north of the city.

Parise said Harrison has not had trouble with the animal in the past. "I've been with that dog personally, he's a wonderful animal," he said.

Parise said he doesn't know why the boy's mother let the dog out of the pen, other than to say he believes it was for a routine reason such as feeding or to care for the animal. The boy's mother does not live at the house, Parise said.

"There's no reason to believe that this is anything other than something that sometimes happens to children," Parise said. "The child should be fine."

Harrison is the NFL Defensive Player of the Year and scored on a 100-yard interception return in the team's 27-23 victory over Arizona in Super Bowl XLIII. He made headlines for declining to join the Steelers on a White House visit Thursday, though he passed up the same opportunity after the Steelers beat Seattle in Super bowl XL in 2006.

In 2006, then-Steelers linebacker Joey Porter was cited by police in Pine Township, another suburb north of Pittsburgh, after two of his dogs got loose and killed a miniature horse on a nearby farm. Northern Regional Police said then that Porter's dogs were licensed in his hometown of Bakersfield, Calif., but not in Allegheny County.

A woman who lives a few houses down from Harrison said his dogs are well-behaved and cared for and are not a problem for neighbors.

"I jog and I run past his house every day and I have never had any problems with that dog whatsoever," said Marissa Posteraro, 19. "I have never seen the dog or heard the dog bark or whatever so I was very surprised to find out that happened."

"The dog is very well-kept. It's never gotten loose before that I know of," she said.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Re: I hope owning that pit bull was worth endangering your child
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 07:06:22 PM »
Exactly. Pick one or the other...kids or your bulldog(s).
HAHA, RON.....

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 07:07:51 PM »
All dogs will bite you if you fuck with them long enough. My aunt's toy pomeranian is the meanest little peice of shit i've ever seen. Will snap at you like lightning.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 07:21:45 PM »
there are THOUSANDS of other stories about dogs biting kids, and they ARENT all pitbulls either, you just dont hear about the story unless its a pitbull. 

yet people like BIG DUB try to generalize all pitbulls into the same category.  other types of dogs have bitten kids as well.  any pet or animal could snap and injure anyone at anytime.  you generalizing pitbulls is as bad as people generalizing blacks after some black guy robs a house.  "oh, well there ya go...shows ya they should have never let those niggas into this country"  stupid generalizations like yours show lack of intelligence.
I'm shocked you contributed to a thread that doesn't involve posting your picture, therapy must be having a positive effect.
I am a big baby

TruthHurts

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 07:22:29 PM »
hey, at least he didn't leave his kids and is tryin to be a father

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 07:28:04 PM »
hey, at least he didn't leave his kids and is tryin to be a father

"I take care of my kids!!" 

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 07:31:38 PM »
A lot of these "pitbulls" are in fact not truly pitbulls.  Pitbulls do not weight 90+ pounds.  However, a very wide assortment of dogs, from various lab mixes to non-bully dogs such as Cane Corses have often been called pitbulls, often for the media's sake of demonizing the breed.  It is quite sad, as the pitbull was once used for propaganda purposes for the US Army during the WW2 era and a couple of them actually received military medals.  I blame fuckstick, pants-sagging, trailer trash owners breeding them for huge heads and treating them like shit.  Equal blame can be on the piece of shit for-profit media that looks for anything resembling a pitbull attack story to sell their shitty newspapers.

Who the hell knows exactly what kind of dog Harrison had, or the kind of training or socialization it had.  Any large dog is capable of severely injuring children.  It takes a LOT of work, supervision, and training to have dogs around children, irregardless of size.  It certainly does not mean they are not compatible.  If you don't have the time or inclination to put the work into it, then its one or the other.

I own 3 pitbulls(ok, one is more of an American Bully, type).  They have frequent interaction with my nephews and nieces and the neighborhood children.  No, there has never been an incident, nor have they shown aggression.  They are however, under my supervision.  When I'm not around, they go in their kennel.

It seems that those who rant loudest about them being dangerous are the ones always severely misinformed and unwilling to learn about the breed(or dog behavior in general).

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 07:32:24 PM »
Here is the real irony.

If he wasn`t such a little bitch about the whole Obama meeting, he would have showed up to the Whitehouse, with his family and this would have NEVER happened.

:)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 07:33:22 PM »
Children pretty much suck anyway...   pets are way cooler!
Ron: "I am lazy."

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 07:35:20 PM »
"I hope owning that pit bull was worth endangering your child"

Damn right it is.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

LurkyLurker

• Getbig III
  • Advices
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 07:36:44 PM »
Yeah, but pit bulls have been specifically bred to fight. The best, strongest fighters have been bred over and over again until we have dogs who are literally designed to fight, both physically and mentally.

Sure, other dogs bite, but odds are you're not going to lose a limb to a Pomeranian.

Essentially, the domesticity has been bred out of pit bulls to the point where they are closer to wild than, say, a beagle. It's like the woman who lived with the chimp and swore it was domesticated, until it snapped and bit her friend's face off.

There are like 150 breeds of dogs and yet I'll walk through certain neighborhoods where 50-75% of the dogs are pitbulls. Of all the breeds available you know the owners didn't get them because they're sweet, loving animals. There are 149 other breeds that can fit that bill.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 07:37:44 PM »
Here is the real irony.

If he wasn`t such a little bitch about the whole Obama meeting, he would have showed up to the Whitehouse, with his family and this would have NEVER happened.

Wow, what a weird story:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Is-a-fear-of-flying-the-reason-Harrison-refused-?urn=nfl,164765

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 07:39:45 PM »
In 12 years that dog will be dead, you'll bury it in the backyard for free, then you'll get another one.  In 12 years a kid, on the other hand, would be adding shitloads of unnecessary stress to your life and asking for $100K to go to college.

dogs > kids

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2009, 07:40:46 PM »

haha Chris Rock in Bigger and Blacker  ;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2009, 07:44:27 PM »
Wow, what a weird story:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Is-a-fear-of-flying-the-reason-Harrison-refused-?urn=nfl,164765

Not meeting Obama was the WORST thing he could do.  His refusal to meet Obama nearly cost him his sons life.  Oh the irony.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2009, 07:45:34 PM »
In 12 years that dog will be dead, you'll bury it in the backyard for free, then you'll get another one.  In 12 years a kid, on the other hand, would be adding shitloads of unnecessary stress to your life and asking for $100K to go to college.

dogs > kids
Indeed.  Kids are a stupid investment and I cannot see any benefit to ever having one.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2009, 07:46:25 PM »
Yeah, but pit bulls have been specifically bred to fight. The best, strongest fighters have been bred over and over again until we have dogs who are literally designed to fight, both physically and mentally.

Sure, other dogs bite, but odds are you're not going to lose a limb to a Pomeranian.

Essentially, the domesticity has been bred out of pit bulls to the point where they are closer to wild than, say, a beagle. It's like the woman who lived with the chimp and swore it was domesticated, until it snapped and bit her friend's face off.

There are like 150 breeds of dogs and yet I'll walk through certain neighborhoods where 50-75% of the dogs are pitbulls. Of all the breeds available you know the owners didn't get them because they're sweet, loving animals. There are 149 other breeds that can fit that bill.

This is the absolutely stupidest post on getbig.

This post alone dropped the collective IQ of the entirety of getbig.

MattC is dumber for posting on the same board this post is on.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2009, 07:53:21 PM »

This is the absolutely stupidest post on getbig.

This post alone dropped the collective IQ of the entirety of getbig.

MattC is dumber for posting on the same board this post is on.

So you're saying that post could drop the IQ of a fine Aryan specemin like MattC from the 130's to the 85 average of a negroid??  :o

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2009, 07:55:15 PM »
Indeed.  Kids are a stupid investment and I cannot see any benefit to ever having one.

Does your sister Jezabelle feel the same way?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2009, 07:58:13 PM »

So you're saying that post could drop the IQ of a fine Aryan specemin like MattC from the 130's to the 85 average of a negroid??  :o
Possibly as low as Debusseys.......52. :-\

As a matter of fact, if that poster were to enter a room filled with Mensa associates, you would be able to hear the vacuum of stupidity suck their IQ's into the teens.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2009, 07:58:24 PM »
Here is a good reason for you to have children, once the people you are currently mooching off of die by that time your children will be in a position where you can mooch off of them. Jezebelle is a FOOL, I almost feel sorry for her.
I am a big baby

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2009, 08:00:27 PM »

"What, you want a cookie?  You supp-ooooooosed to!"

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2009, 08:00:39 PM »
Here is the real irony.

Delusional as usual... You are a stupid fuck.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2009, 08:02:32 PM »
Why would you hope it was worth hurting a child??? What wrong has a 2 year old done to deserve that?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2009, 08:04:35 PM »

Does your sister Jezabelle feel the same way?
Yeep.