Author Topic: PASTEURIZED EGG WHITES, DRINK OR COOK?  (Read 4874 times)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
PASTEURIZED EGG WHITES, DRINK OR COOK?
« on: May 23, 2009, 02:15:01 AM »
Can you drink them raw and absorb 100% its protein?

i have read that its not possible to digest the protein of raw eggwhites....what about pasteurized?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: PASTEURIZED EGG WHITES, DRINK OR COOK?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 06:25:05 AM »
I’m going from memory here, but I believe Princess L mentioned in a past thread that the pasteurization process does raise the egg whites to/past the temperature required to neutralize the Avidan – or whatever the fvck it does.

Anyway, I know lots of people who drink them in place of a traditional egg breakfast. My one buddy (natural) uses them for several of his “meals” during his contest prep and never has a problem.

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 08:02:26 AM »

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 08:15:55 AM »
 ;)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 08:30:30 AM »
Okay, this was bugging me…
Please don’t turn this into a Chic-bashing thread, but here’s a quote from the man describing the process used for his company’s product, which is similar to other “carton” egg white products:

Avidin, which is found in raw egg whites, blocks the uptake of Vitamin B6 (Biotin) causing a vitamin deficiency. You must cook the egg white to neutralize the Avidin and allow your body to safely digest the protein and utilize all its Amino acids. Unfortunately, cooking also starts to destory the protein.

Our 100% pure liquid egg whites from Egg Whites International are heat pasteurized and salmonella tested. The pasteurization process heats the egg white to 134 degrees for 3˝ minutes. This heat kills the salmonella and neutralizes the Avidin to allow the egg whites to be digested safely by the human body. When you cook an egg white to the point of scrambled eggs, you are overcooking the protein and denaturing the true value of the protein. Therefore, 100% Pure Liquid Egg Whites are liquid but not raw, making them the purest form of protein In The Entire World! They will stay good in your refrigerator for 90 to 120 days and can be safely kept frozen indefinitely.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
:

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 11:10:32 AM »
THAT'S the thread I was thinking of!
 :D

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 11:13:06 AM »
well i was gonna answer but it's been covered.  The thing for me is getting over the texture and stuff of raw whites.   :-X