Author Topic: WELCOME TO THE ????? ERA (MACHIDA/EVANS SPOILER)  (Read 1229 times)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
WELCOME TO THE ????? ERA (MACHIDA/EVANS SPOILER)
« on: May 23, 2009, 09:30:58 PM »
Joe Rogan said it best. Move over Anderson, move over Fedor. He is without a doubt the most dominant pound for pound fighter in MMA.

I admit I was not a fan until recently, but he is a fucking sledge hammer. Unbelievable!  :o

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Re: WELCOME TO THE ????? ERA (MACHIDA/EVANS SPOILER)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 04:24:56 AM »
Joe Rogan said it best. Move over Anderson, move over Fedor. He is without a doubt the most dominant pound for pound fighter in MMA.

I admit I was not a fan until recently, but he is a fucking sledge hammer. Unbelievable!  :o

Yeah ok..I'm sure he's gonna be knocking out Fedor next... LOL, Fedor is not human compared to these guys.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 09:28:12 AM »
impressive win ...
very humble guy...
but rogan is jumping the gun if he is going to compare
him
To
FEDOR  ;D

Capt._America

• Getbig II
  • Would rather be feared than respected
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 09:35:00 AM »
Rogan has become a joke as announcer, He over-hypes every punch or kick of the fight, according to him every UFC fighter is the greatest pound for pound, honestly and I have alot of respect for Machido, but let's put him against Rampage or Andersen Silva and see what happens

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 10:01:54 AM »
Rogan is a great commentator. He keeps a great energy level, and the guy has vast amounts of knowledge after his 12 years as a BJJ practitioner.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 10:33:05 AM »
Nobody is comparing him to Fedor as a fighter- The point is that at his weight class, he is as or more dominant than Fedor is at heavyweight right now. Overall, obviously Fedor is 110% more dominant and acomplished.

But for anyone that saw the fight last night, he made Rashad look like an absolute chump. And thats not taking anything away from Rashad- He was in shape, he looked prepared, but he just couldn't compete.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 07:33:52 PM »
Rogan has become a joke as announcer, He over-hypes every punch or kick of the fight, according to him every UFC fighter is the greatest pound for pound, honestly and I have alot of respect for Machido, but let's put him against Rampage or Andersen Silva and see what happens

Agreed totally, he has Dana pulling more strings from his back then Bob Chick does with the IFBB..totaly Dana puppet.. every fighter no matter who he is is Joe's top p4p at the time of the fight.. next month it'lll be the next guy on the card..he has no credibility, I admire his practice of BJJ and tae kwon do but get real for fuck's sake.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 04:30:14 PM »
Agreed totally, he has Dana pulling more strings from his back then Bob Chick does with the IFBB..totaly Dana puppet.. every fighter no matter who he is is Joe's top p4p at the time of the fight.. next month it'lll be the next guy on the card..he has no credibility, I admire his practice of BJJ and tae kwon do but get real for fuck's sake.

I don't agree.  I think that Joe does a great job announcing, and he adds a lot of excitement to the fights.  He also brings up other federations and talks about other non-UFC fighters DURING UFC events.  He's also repeatedly said that Fedor is the P4P best.  That said, he does overhype guys sometimes, but I think it has a lot more to do with his passion/excitement than anything else...
w

BigMenace

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 09:13:29 AM »

He will embarrass Rampage.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 09:32:17 AM »
w

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 05:01:00 PM »

A well trained Rampage would IMO have a very good chance of beating Machida.

He's got lethal fists and a very good chin.
As empty as paradise

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 07:22:45 PM »
A well trained Rampage would IMO have a very good chance of beating Machida.

He's got lethal fists and a very good chin.

Ramapage's style is to walk through strikes to inflict damage.  That's not going to work with Machida.
w