Author Topic: If the Cavs top the Lakers  (Read 7240 times)

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
Re: If the Cavs top the Lakers
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2009, 09:47:01 AM »
Orlando Vs Denver in the finals - I wonder how David Stern and the NBA brass feel about this matchup?  Not exactly what they are needing right now with the league floundering financially. 

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2009, 10:48:52 AM »
I'll take him on the Knicks :)

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2009, 10:51:45 AM »
Lebron and Howard BOTH get calls, they're BOTH superstars so it evens out, i've seen some ticky tack shit being called and some big time no calls as well, Charles Barkley said it right, the officiating sucks.

Barkley is great he ALWAYS speaks his mind and usually its the truth

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2009, 10:52:43 AM »
Barkley is great he ALWAYS speaks his mind and usually its the truth

His show on the golf channel was fantastic ;D

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2009, 11:28:42 AM »
Lebron is more than good enough, his TEAM isn't, the guy had 44 points and 12 rebounds last night, the guy scores 48% of their total points almost every night.

michael jordan had bunch of clowns around him and took them to the next level.  he aint no air jordan.  lebron = athletic shaq = that's it = good enough for nba to push as the greatest thing ever on a court.  #23 should have retired completely. 10 yrs theyl'll be selling BS about him being the best ever to wear #23.  worthless league. air brand so great it put nike on the map. king james s##t is just like that walmart trash they were pushing when shaq was in his prime. is lebron even better than a young shaq when he came to the league? same level i'd say...since we forget.
Oh...Monica!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2009, 11:32:31 AM »
Orlando Vs Denver in the finals - I wonder how David Stern and the NBA brass feel about this matchup?  Not exactly what they are needing right now with the league floundering financially. 

Howard vs Melo isn't exactly chopped liver. 

It's the Vitamin Water guys who look like idiots. lol

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2009, 11:35:11 AM »

who's going to watch? rating in the toilet for that match.  nba will try to pull strings to have cleveland make a 3 game run.  anyway...i hope they do so he stays in cleveland. 
Oh...Monica!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2009, 11:41:14 AM »
who's going to watch? rating in the toilet for that match.  nba will try to pull strings to have cleveland make a 3 game run.  anyway...i hope they do so he stays in cleveland.

I gotta say, this has been a very good playoff season by NBA standards.  Several of the series have been entertaining and Bulls-Celtics was probably the best 1st-round series ever. 

Right now, Orlando and Denver are the two best teams remaining in the playoffs.  When you look at the way Cleveland lost that game yesterday - a game they NEEDED, but then completely blew in overtime - it was clear that they're just outmatched in this series.  They don't have the personnel.  I expect them to win Game 5, but I think the smart money is on Orlando in Game 6.

Although I don't care about either team, I would tune in to watch an Orlando-Denver Finals, cuz I'm more interested in seeing good basketball than just seeing the biggest names. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2009, 11:45:16 AM »

nuggets vs magic would be a great series, but i think kobe is too much to overcome.

Lebron lacks that killer instinct in the closing minutes.  Kobe has it.  missing free throws in the 4th has cost him 2 games in this series.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2009, 11:50:11 AM »
I gotta say, this has been a very good playoff season by NBA standards.  Several of the series have been entertaining and Bulls-Celtics was probably the best 1st-round series ever. 

Right now, Cleveland and Denver are the two best teams remaining in the playoffs.  When you look at the way Cleveland lost that game yesterday - a game they NEEDED, but then completely blew in overtime - it was clear that they're just outmatched in this series.  They don't have the personnel.  I expect them to win Game 5, but I think the smart money is on Orlando in Game 6.

Although I don't care about either team, I would tune in to watch an Orlando-Denver Finals, cuz I'm more interested in seeing good basketball than just seeing the biggest names. 

You mean Orlando and Denver, right? 

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2009, 11:57:24 AM »
Denver ain't out yet!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2009, 12:06:30 PM »
You mean Orlando and Denver, right? 

Oops, thanks.  Fixed now.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2009, 12:07:20 PM »
michael jordan had bunch of clowns around him and took them to the next level.  he aint no air jordan.  lebron = athletic shaq = that's it = good enough for nba to push as the greatest thing ever on a court.  #23 should have retired completely. 10 yrs theyl'll be selling BS about him being the best ever to wear #23.  worthless league. air brand so great it put nike on the map. king james s##t is just like that walmart trash they were pushing when shaq was in his prime. is lebron even better than a young shaq when he came to the league? same level i'd say...since we forget.
Scottie Pippen was a clown? ???

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2009, 12:12:57 PM »

He looked like one, but didn't play like one.  Scottie was a damn good player...and Mo Williams is no Scottie Pippen.  LeBron needs a Ginobili-type player to compliment him.  The Cavaliers wouldn't win 15-20 games without LeBron.  He can't do EVERYTHING.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2009, 12:14:00 PM »

LeBron has no Pippen or Horace Grant/Dennis Rodman. 

At best, he's got a BJ Armstrong equivalent in Mo Williams and a (worthless) Bill Cartwright clone in Ilgauskas.

Cleveland just doesn't have very good players.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2009, 12:14:56 PM »
He looked like one, but didn't play like one.  Scottie was a damn good player...and Mo Williams is no Scottie Pippen.  LeBron needs a Ginobili-type player to compliment him.  The Cavaliers wouldn't win 15-20 games without LeBron.  He can't do EVERYTHING.
i'd go so far as to say that Pippen was one of the BEST defensive players who ever played in the NBA.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2009, 12:15:36 PM »
LeBron has no Pippen or Horace Grant/Dennis Rodman. 

At best, he's got a BJ Armstrong equivalent in Mo Williams and a (worthless) Bill Cartwright clone in Ilgauskas.

Cleveland just doesn't have very good players.

not to mention Toni Kucoc.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2009, 12:16:13 PM »
i'd go so far as to say that Pippen was one of the BEST defensive players who ever played in the NBA.

...and you'd be right.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2009, 12:17:40 PM »
Luc Longley neegars

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2009, 12:17:50 PM »
...and you'd be right.
Michael almost ALWAYS had players around him, shit he even had Charles Oakley on the Bulls for a little while, Lebron has next to nothing.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2009, 02:35:05 PM »
yes pippen was one of the best players ever.

and Lebron is still one solid big man (or at least a sidekick like pippen) short of a title team.

quembrulet

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2009, 02:39:58 PM »
Denver will win just to trade all their good players next season.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2009, 02:52:19 PM »
I'll take him on the Knicks :)

NO THANKS

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2009, 03:01:20 PM »
Luc Longley neegars

John Paxon Baby
D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2009, 01:55:35 AM »

LeBron definitely sounds frustrated right now, but if they go with their game plan from games 1 and 2 - and put their foot on Orlando's throat once they get the lead - then they can get the next 2 games and take it to a toss-up in Game 7.