Author Topic: If the Cavs top the Lakers  (Read 7241 times)

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
Re: If the Cavs top the Lakers
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2009, 11:47:43 AM »
good marketing by the nba.  we're doing everything to make this #23 better than the last one in which you see just one in a generation.  the current #23 is like an athletic shaq...not an air jordan.  at 24 shaq was just as dominate in a big man way.  grant was BS after he left chicago.  air took him to the next level.  pippen was good comp but ok with no jordan on a team..given the time frame air was in baseball.  oakley a career garbage man.  ok...rod is an oddity in the middle. 
Oh...Monica!

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2009, 03:55:47 PM »
good marketing by the nba.  we're doing everything to make this #23 better than the last one in which you see just one in a generation.  the current #23 is like an athletic shaq...not an air jordan.  at 24 shaq was just as dominate in a big man way.  grant was BS after he left chicago.  air took him to the next level.  pippen was good comp but ok with no jordan on a team..given the time frame air was in baseball.  oakley a career garbage man.  ok...rod is an oddity in the middle. 
where are you getting this bullshit idea that people are comparing Lebron to Michael? no one who knows anything about the game would put them in the same league, Michael is the greatest who ever played the game, Lebron is a VERY good player but not in Michael's league. Lebron is DEFINITELY one of the 2-3 best in the NBA AT THIS POINT though.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2009, 04:05:20 PM »
where are you getting this bullshit idea that people are comparing Lebron to Michael? no one who knows anything about the game would put them in the same league, Michael is the greatest who ever played the game, Lebron is a VERY good player but not in Michael's league. Lebron is DEFINITELY one of the 2-3 best in the NBA AT THIS POINT though.

That is a different argument. He is the best that i saw play but remember Oscar Robinson, Dr. J, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Wilt Chamberlin, George Gervin, Charles Barkley, Dominique Wilkins and many more.

D

Bast175

is there a good quality CAVS MAGIC stream tonight
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2009, 04:07:36 PM »
?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Re: is there a good quality CAVS MAGIC stream tonight
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2009, 04:08:47 PM »
i'd just watch it on TV, probably on either TNT or ABC.

Bast175

« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2009, 04:09:27 PM »
i'd just watch it on TV, probably on either TNT or ABC.

I don't get service.  I use my 42" tv as a computer monitor.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2009, 04:09:42 PM »
?

Ill pm you a link when game starts, gonna be watching it too, be interesting to see if Lebron can rise to the challenge.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2009, 04:11:17 PM »
That is a different argument. He is the best that i saw play but remember Oscar Robinson, Dr. J, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Wilt Chamberlin, George Gervin, Charles Barkley, Dominique Wilkins and many more.

honestly man there's only 1, MAYBE 2 of those guys comparable to Michael, you could say that Wilt was more dominant for his time and changed the way the game is played and you could argue that Oscar was as much of a force offensively FOR THE TIME averaging a triple double for an entire season but IMO neither were as good all around as Michael.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2009, 04:12:03 PM »
I don't get service.  I use my 42" tv as a computer monitor.
oh ok, i'm sure there's somewhere you can see it online.

CastIron

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Superman lives!
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2009, 04:12:31 PM »
Lakers vs. Cavs Finals if this happens the league would make LOTS AND LOTS of cash with lebron vs. kobe. This would make our salary cap go up and we would have more oney to spend. Right now im praying that both series go 7 games and the cavs and lakers vs. each other in the finals so we can see a kobe vs. lebron matchup. It also wouldnt hurt if that went to 7 games. These things happen then the NBA would make a lot of money and we can get back up to 20 mill in cap space. Would this effect our cap situation or not????

Bast175

« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2009, 04:14:03 PM »

I think Kobe is still better than Lebron, let alone comparing him to Jordan.   Allen Iverson was one of the best too and only 6ft or so.  He scored 50+ pts multiple times.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2009, 04:15:31 PM »
I think Kobe is still better than Lebron, let alone comparing him to Jordan.   Allen Iverson is probably the best player if you factor in his height.  He scored 50+ pts multiple times.
i agree, Kobe still has the edge on Lebron and i think he's going to find that out if they face each other in the finals, Kobe has the experience and 3 rings, Kobe is also a better shooter and defensive player.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2009, 04:34:19 PM »
23   cannot do everything which is why LA SHOULD win the title.  24 can get away with more things  but the Lakers are just too sloppy right now.  Fish and Sasha are colder than a freezer in Antartica right now.
((-::

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2009, 04:45:22 PM »

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2009, 04:53:48 PM »
Michael is the greatest who ever played the game

2nd best ever behind Wilt Chamberlin..... 50 points and 25 rebounds a game average in a single season.

Case closed.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2009, 05:00:55 PM »
2nd best ever behind Wilt Chamberlin..... 50 points and 25 rebounds a game average in a single season.

Case closed.
different era my friend.

Bast175

« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2009, 05:27:50 PM »
bump!$!$!

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2009, 05:30:08 PM »
epic wanting to study the nba to learn how to juump like raheem

Army of One

• Getbig V

Bast175

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2009, 06:10:37 PM »
How in hell will they beat the Lakers? They will never play them! :D

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2009, 11:40:53 PM »
If the Cavs come back from 3-1 to beat a better Magic team, we will all know that the vitamin guys knew the fix was in...Bottom line is the Magic has shown that they are the best team in the league...Update...The Cavs took game 5 and are only two games away from telling everyone that the fix is in...

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2009, 12:42:29 AM »

Case closed.

Wilt played with a lot more white guys

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2009, 07:45:55 AM »
LeBron definitely sounds frustrated right now, but if they go with their game plan from games 1 and 2 - and put their foot on Orlando's throat once they get the lead - then they can get the next 2 games and take it to a toss-up in Game 7. 

Sadly, they *did* follow the game 1-2 blueprint and after getting that huge early lead, they let Orlando get right back into it...again.  The scary part was how easy it was for Orlando to close the deficit and take the lead.  If I recall correctly, in 17 minutes of game time, Orlando went from a 22-point deficit to an 8-point lead.  That's a 30-point swing that should've been made a LOT harder by Cleveland.

They got bailed out by some favorable officiating and it helped that they remained aggressive (that timeout call early in the 3rd was critical) and they absolutely NEEDED those huge 3s from Williams and Gibson. 

But one of the things I heard last night on the radio really tells the story, though: Orlando did almost everything possible to lose a game they didn't have to win and they STILL almost won. 

From a fan perspective, it would be nice to get two Game 7s in the conference finals, but Cleveland has a lot of work today and will have to play flawlessly to bring the series back home.