Author Topic: Obama calls for action after NK sets off nuke test  (Read 7339 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Re: Obama calls for action after NK sets off nuke test
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2009, 05:19:05 PM »
LOL goodness gracious you retards need to read, ive stated many times i think iraq was a big mistake, you want to punish the US for that go ahead...second iraq actually had broken UN agreements prior to the US invasion im not justifying the invasion just putting things into perspective for you.
I'm a retard that needs to learn how to read?!! You asked how the Iraq war could be considered illegal and that post told you. Whether  you believe Iraq was a mistake or not is irrelevant. Iraq's broken UN agreements don't cancel out the fact that America ignored the UN charter, either. Haven't you ever heard that two wrongs don't make a right?!!

I would have been ok with sanctions, even if they were only sanctions enforced by the US and not the UN. My point is that we shouldnt have sat there and done nothing which is what you are arguing. We very well could have shot the missle down if we had wanted to, what would have been a more diplomatic way would have been to layout certain actions that would be taken if NK launched and when they did follow through with those actions, sactions, blockade, military if thats what needed to be done.

Okay, so finally you admit that what you REALLY expected Obama to do was go to war over a missile test. I already posted why that was terrible, juvenile idea pages ago, so I'll just address the rest of your post now.

1. America still enforced sanctions against NK even though the UN resolution didn't go through. China and Russia are NK's biggest trading partners and they blocked the stricter sanctions. Outside of the financial aid NK received for temp disarmament, there isn't much American money flowing into the country.

2.As I just posted, unless a country is considered an imminent threat to another country, military action against said country is considered a violation of UN charter . As I've posted multiple times, our military had already concluded that the rocket was not a threat to America.Nk had already revealed that they were launching the rocket and that it contained a non-destructive load. It didn't fly over American airspace. On what grounds should America have shot it down?