Author Topic: Obama calls for action after NK sets off nuke test  (Read 7336 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Obama calls for action after NK sets off nuke test
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2009, 12:05:47 PM »
You worry too much about NK. You are safe from them in Texas.
No doubt, but that could be applied to alot of things that could have far reaching consequences that arent physical...

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2009, 12:07:07 PM »
Not at all, those sanctions didnt work thats not to say that all sanctions wouldnt work, what kind of logic is that?

Actually I came in this thread b/c I called this when NK launched their "satelite"

Ive already said that i believe this to be NK puffing out there chest to get more in negotiations...I just see 240 getting ready to praise obama but overlooking the fact he did nothing with the act that lead to this one...that I called.

Once again, that isn't even a criticism that makes sense. A successful nuclear test and an unsuccessful missile launch SHOULD merit two different responses.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2009, 12:09:12 PM »
No doubt, but that could be applied to alot of things that could have far reaching consequences that arent physical...

Sure, but seriously you shouldn't get worked up too much about NK. Isn't GW in Texas now?
I hate the State.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2009, 12:13:23 PM »
Once again, that isn't even a criticism that makes sense. A successful nuclear test and an unsuccessful missile launch SHOULD merit two different responses.
first off the missle launches success isnt important what is important is that they were testing...

I agree with you if you look at each action independently but the problem is that the actions are linked together and all to obtain the same end. Ill explain it like this a basketball game is won by a last sec 3 pointer what shot won the game? the 2 free throws made in the 1st quarter had just as much to do with the win as the last sec 3 pointer. If one step leads to the same end as the next step and you cant accomplish the goal without each step then each step is equally important

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2009, 12:14:16 PM »
Not at all, those sanctions didnt work thats not to say that all sanctions wouldnt work, what kind of logic is that?

Actually I came in this thread b/c I called this when NK launched their "satelite"

Ive already said that i believe this to be NK puffing out there chest to get more in negotiations...I just see 240 getting ready to praise obama but overlooking the fact he did nothing with the act that lead to this one...that I called.

i've said all along - cook em :)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2009, 12:16:26 PM »
Sure, but seriously you shouldn't get worked up too much about NK. Isn't GW in Texas now?
Dallas I believe, and  ::)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2009, 12:18:55 PM »
We had Aegis cruisers in the Sea of Japan that could have taken down the satelite, that would have sent a message. The nKoreans could have done very little in response. U people act as if this all happens in a vacuum. That each event isn't tied to another. We had reators, we had satelite and rocket launches, now we have a test. The regime in nKorea is old and unstable. There are questions as to how much control Kim has of his military and what they will do if and when he dies. They aren't as crazy about him as they were his old man, and the old generals remember how close they came in 51'.
L

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2009, 12:19:36 PM »
Dallas I believe, and  ::)

Do you think he should be allowed to walk free?
I hate the State.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2009, 12:23:17 PM »
ya i do, why wouldnt I...take into account i dont buy into the whole he made up the wmd bs shit and planned 9/11 ::) i guess he mobilized the worlds biggest army orchestrated a terrorist plot and just plane didnt plant wmd in iraq...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2009, 12:23:29 PM »
Bush?
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2009, 12:24:51 PM »

Um..u guys really need to get past Bush. If we're attacked on barry's watch...not only will a Dem never get voted in again...we might start executing some, starting with Reid and Pelosi.
L

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2009, 12:28:44 PM »
ya i do, why wouldnt I...take into account i dont buy into the whole he made up the wmd bs shit and planned 9/11 ::) i guess he mobilized the worlds biggest army orchestrated a terrorist plot and just plane didnt plant wmd in iraq...

I am not a 9/11 conspiracy guy but I DO believe he lied about wmd. There is ample evidence for this, never mind tons of violations of the Constitution.
I hate the State.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2009, 12:31:01 PM »
I am not a 9/11 conspiracy guy but I DO believe he lied about wmd. There is ample evidence for this, never mind tons of violations of the Constitution.
so he lied about it but just forgot to plant evidence? LOL again im not disputing evidence against it just like you cant dispute that there was evidence for it and this is only what we the public have been deemed ok to see...was it a mistake ya that doesnt mean he intentionally lied...Violations of the consitution, i assume you mean the patriot act?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2009, 12:31:36 PM »
Please post what violations.....as Obama is doing so with the bailouts/medical insurance etc etc etc......
L

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2009, 12:32:15 PM »
Um..u guys really need to get past Bush. If we're attacked on barry's watch...not only will a Dem never get voted in again...we might start executing some, starting with Reid and Pelosi.

Sure, have them all executed. After a while these scumbag politicians would finally start listening what people want because they would be scared shitless otherwise.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2009, 12:33:39 PM »
Please post what violations.....as Obama is doing so with the bailouts/medical insurance etc etc etc......

Obama should be executed too. I have never claimed otherwise. Both hideously bad and (possibly) evil presidents. Clinton should as well, etc.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2009, 12:34:31 PM »
so he lied about it but just forgot to plant evidence? LOL again im not disputing evidence against it just like you cant dispute that there was evidence for it and this is only what we the public have been deemed ok to see...was it a mistake ya that doesnt mean he intentionally lied...Violations of the consitution, i assume you mean the patriot act?

Patriot Act, among other things.
I hate the State.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2009, 12:34:37 PM »
NK is already isolated. I don't think they care about embargoes. They are functional with out world trade.

Obama will do nothing.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2009, 12:36:25 PM »
first off the missle launches success isnt important what is important is that they were testing...

I agree with you if you look at each action independently but the problem is that the actions are linked together and all to obtain the same end. Ill explain it like this a basketball game is won by a last sec 3 pointer what shot won the game? the 2 free throws made in the 1st quarter had just as much to do with the win as the last sec 3 pointer. If one step leads to the same end as the next step and you cant accomplish the goal without each step then each step is equally important

Okay... let's say you're playing. You have a sizable lead.When the opposing team makes a few free throws in the first quarter, do you start worrying? Maybe a little, but you realize that the game is not over, right? If you just walked off the court because you predicted disaster, that would be an irrational reaction, right? Now, if those free throws, crash and land in the middle of the ocean, you worry a little less, right?

But as the game progresses, and your opponent starts sinking half court bombs, one after another, you get a little more worried, right? Their freethrow game is still a mess, even though it's improving, but their three point steez is off the chains. They are still behind, but in the last ten minutes, they've closed the gap 120-116. Which are you more concerned with- their sloppy free throws or their tight three-pointer?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2009, 12:38:01 PM »
We had Aegis cruisers in the Sea of Japan that could have taken down the satelite, that would have sent a message.

Gee, I wonder why we didn't use them? Oh, that's right. The "satellite launch" was a failure.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2009, 12:38:14 PM »
Patriot Act, among other things.
Patriot act as ive already stated is i believe to be unconstitutional but its necessity could be argued especially in this day of age.

what are the other things?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2009, 12:40:44 PM »
Gee, I wonder why we didn't use them? Oh, that's right. The "satellite launch" was a failure.

Gee we didn't use them because Obama didn't allow it..because he's weak or believe's the UN will work..or is an idiot. They had no idea that the rocket would fail to deploy the satelite upon launch.
L

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2009, 12:41:34 PM »
Okay... let's say you're playing. You have a sizable lead.When the opposing team makes a few free throws in the first quarter, do you start worrying? Maybe a little, but you realize that the game is not over, right? If you just walked off the court because you predicted disaster, that would be an irrational reaction, right? Now, if those free throws, crash and land in the middle of the ocean, you worry a little less, right?

But as the game progresses, and your opponent starts sinking half court bombs, one after another, you get a little more worried, right? Their freethrow game is still a mess, even though it's improving, but their three point steez is off the chains. They are still behind, but in the last ten minutes, they've closed the gap 120-116. Which are you more concerned with- their sloppy free throws or their tight three-pointer?
your arguement is basically saying that we shouldnt worry about it until they can hit us and thats ignorant...If they start actions to prepare to hit us you need to nip that in the bud...You dont wait untill they have all but the last piece of the puzzle in place before you take action.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2009, 12:43:58 PM »
Thats a game analogy and these are nuclear weapons....are u a child?
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2009, 12:49:14 PM »
If the next nuclear explosion doesn't derail the six-party talks, Kim will rightly conclude that he faces no real danger of ever having to dismantle his weapons program. North Korea is a mysterious place, but there is no mystery about its foreign-policy tactics: They work. The real mystery is why our administrations -- Republican and Democratic -- haven't learned that their quasi-religious faith in the six-party talks is misplaced.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton recently rejected "linkage" in Russia policy as "old thinking." Disagreement in one area, she argued, shouldn't prevent working on "something else that is of overwhelming importance." Whatever the merits of linkage vis-à-vis Russia, de-linking a second North Korean nuclear test from the six-party talks simply hands Pyongyang permission to proceed.

Even worse, Iran and other aspiring nuclear proliferators will draw precisely the same conclusion: Negotiations like the six-party talks are a charade and reflect a continuing collapse of American resolve. U.S. acquiescence in a second North Korean nuclear test will likely mean that Tehran will adopt Pyongyang's successful strategy.

John Bolton.....

I guess ol John  wasn't an idiot was he. This was five days before the nuke test.
L