Author Topic: Obama calls for action after NK sets off nuke test  (Read 7357 times)

BigIronPete

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Re: Obama calls for action after NK sets off nuke test
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2009, 10:36:24 AM »
and so the debate turns Iran and the Barry haters.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2009, 10:37:12 AM »
My head isn't in obama's ass - I made it very clear that I'm sure iran is proxy'd in Iraq, but that the world sure hasn't seen evidence of it.

I've also said i'm fine with ISR cooking them - but not with sending US troops and $ into the mess.  

The world.....I'm sure the CIA/Mossad/Brit Intel...and everybody else is convinced enough.
L

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2009, 10:55:50 AM »
First off im not a party hard liner, i didnt like alot of what bush did and i certainly dont like alot of what obamas doing but i give him his credit when its do.

LOL dude they were under sanctions or something or other im not quite sure what that prohibited them from launching anything...that broke that agreement by launching the satelite whether it was a sucessful test or not is irrelevant whether it carried a warhead or not is irrelevant what is certain is that by not addressing that issue it led to this issue

LOL what the fuck ever bro that arguement is retarded...this first launch you may have a tad bit of ground to stand on but even that is a horrible arguement and this last action of NK and the for sure future actions of NK are on obamas plate bro. If you want to say that obama is following right in line with bush's actions on this then fine either way i disagree with the actions, its not about bush or obama bro, you should stop watching msnbc.

Yes, they were under sanctions... UN SANCTIONS. Which they agreed to in exchange for financial aid. It was not Barry's obligation to go to war or whatever you expected him to do because Nk violated a UN agreement. The administration worked with the UN Security Council to tighten sanctions and that's is really the only reasonable thing that could have and should have been done.

And, yes, whether or not the test was successful is relevant in regards to your first post in this thread which you criticized the president for "doing nothing" in response to a missile test. A missile test and a nuclear test are two drastically different things. What exactly do you think the administration should have done? Gone to war ? I guess you don't see how well poorly planned posturing has worked out over the last eight years. Like it or not, rushing into wars at the slightest provocation does no one any good. Going to war with a country over non-working missile technology is as stupid as going to war over WMDs that don't exist.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2009, 11:00:54 AM »
Yes, they were under sanctions... UN SANCTIONS. Which they agreed to in exchange for financial aid. It was not Barry's obligation to go to war or whatever you expected him to do because Nk violated a UN agreement. The administration worked with the UN Security Council to tighten sanctions and that's is really the only reasonable thing that could have and should have been done.
And that got us to this point, bravo...

And, yes, whether or not the test was successful is relevant in regards to your first post in this thread which you criticized the president for "doing nothing" in response to a missile test. A missile test and a nuclear test are two drastically different things. What exactly do you think the administration should have done? Gone to war ? I guess you don't see how well poorly planned posturing has worked out over the last eight years. Like it or not, rushing into wars at the slightest provocation does no one any good. Going to war with a country over non-working missile technology is as stupid as going to war over WMDs that don't exist.
AGAIN YOU TARDS NOBODY IS SAYING GO TO FUKING WAR  ::) :o how you dont see that from reading this thread is beyond me dude.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2009, 11:02:26 AM »
AGAIN YOU TARDS NOBODY IS SAYING GO TO FUKING WAR  ::) :o how you dont see that from reading this thread is beyond me dude.

what do you think Obama should do in response, tony?

(you dont have an answer, do you?)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2009, 11:03:45 AM »
And that got us to this point, bravo...

Fine. The president is wrong for "doing nothing", you think sanctions from the security council are stupid, and war is for tards. Then what exactly are you suggesting should have happened?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2009, 11:08:49 AM »
what do you think Obama should do in response, tony?

(you dont have an answer, do you?)
he should have been proactive about the situation and responded before hand, tried to find paths outside the UN to deal with the situation, done more then send a fuking letter, responded when NK threatned to fight if more sanctions where passed...you think just sitting on our hands was the right move?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2009, 11:09:55 AM »
I think many of you ppl dont realize that they broke an agreement with no reprecussions, does that sound right to you ppl?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2009, 11:16:32 AM »
I think many of you ppl dont realize that they broke an agreement with no reprecussions, does that sound right to you ppl?

NK is a tiny shithole in the middle of nowhere. Waste of time to care about it.
I hate the State.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2009, 11:18:04 AM »
he should have been proactive about the situation and responded before hand, tried to find paths outside the UN to deal with the situation, done more then send a fuking letter, responded when NK threatned to fight if more sanctions where passed...you think just sitting on our hands was the right move?

"Be proactive"?

"Find paths"?

What are you, a college kid bluffing his way through a job interview?

be more specific.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2009, 11:21:22 AM »
"Be proactive"?

"Find paths"?

be more specific.
NK sat there for what a month at the least saying how they were going to launch, what did obama do? make a speech, tell them they will face new sanctions etc...

LOL how about anything other then sit on his hands and do nothing? how about new sanctions or at the very least penalties for breaking the old ones?

You think it was ok for NK to break sanctions and recieve no reprecussions?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2009, 11:21:40 AM »

The only agreement they broke was the agreement they made with the UN. Why  would Obama find paths outside of the UN to deal with a violation of a  UN agreement? Aside from a violation of that agreement, NK didn't actually do anything illegal. They have the right to test missile technology. All nations do. The concern is that the missile technology could be used to deliver nuclear warheads.

NK did suffer repercussions. As I've posted over and over, the UN agreement was basically for financial aid.They shut down the reactor the first time in exchange for financial aid. They started it up again rejecting that financial aid, most likely because they feel they can get more by advancing their nuclear tech.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2009, 11:22:29 AM »
"Be proactive"?

"Find paths"?

be more specific.

Seriously. He forgot to include the phrases "paradigm" and "think outside of the box."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2009, 11:26:22 AM »
Seriously. He forgot to include the phrases "paradigm" and "think outside of the box."

LMAO... he offers no solution.  His answer is to bitch about obama.  He offers no ideas on how Obama should have done it.  He's an empty complainer, no better than the libs he hates.

NK sat there for what a month at the least saying how they were going to launch, what did obama do? make a speech, tell them they will face new sanctions etc...

LOL how about anything other then sit on his hands and do nothing? how about new sanctions or at the very least penalties for breaking the old ones?

You think it was ok for NK to break sanctions and recieve no reprecussions?

Stop bitching about Obama - and tell the class what you would have done instead.

If you don't have any ideas, just admit that to us.  Specifics please.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2009, 11:34:17 AM »
The only agreement they broke was the agreement they made with the UN. Why  would Obama find paths outside of the UN to deal with a violation of a  UN agreement? Aside from a violation of that agreement, NK didn't actually do anything illegal. They have the right to test missile technology. All nations do. The concern is that the missile technology could be used to deliver nuclear warheads.

NK did suffer repercussions. As I've posted over and over, the UN agreement was basically for financial aid.They shut down the reactor the first time in exchange for financial aid. They started it up again rejecting that financial aid, most likely because they feel they can get more by advancing their nuclear tech.
Actually when you agree not to you, give up that right...I didnt say that the US should be the only one that acts upon this but to sit here and do nothing isnt really acceptable in my mind

obviously that financial aid wasnt enough of a deterent to keep them from doing this so dont you think something else should have been done?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2009, 11:35:41 AM »

LMAO... he offers no solution.  His answer is to bitch about obama.  He offers no ideas on how Obama should have done it.  He's an empty complainer, no better than the libs he hates.

Stop bitching about Obama - and tell the class what you would have done instead.

If you don't have any ideas, just admit that to us.  Specifics please.
how about tougher sanctions? lets just start there

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2009, 11:36:09 AM »
Actually when you agree not to you, give up that right...I didnt say that the US should be the only one that acts upon this but to sit here and do nothing isnt really acceptable in my mind

obviously that financial aid wasnt enough of a deterent to keep them from doing this so dont you think something else should have been done?

"Something"

Like what, Tony?

You're answering it with a Q, Tony.

You criticized Obama's actions, but didn't tell us what you would have done differently.

perhaps you should be more "proactive" and actually give us a straight answer.

Would you have invaded?  Set up a blockade?  What would you have done?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2009, 11:41:10 AM »
how about tougher sanctions? lets just start there

So, even though you apparently didn't even have a general idea of what the sanctions were, you fault Barry relying on them. Even though your only suggestion seems to be instituting tougher sanctions... which is what the Security Council did.

Even if the launchers had been successful, operating at 100% capacity, the military determined that they still didn't have the capabilities to be a threat to America.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2009, 11:41:42 AM »
"Something"

Like what, Tony?

You're answering it with a Q, Tony.

You criticized Obama's actions, but didn't tell us what you would have done differently.

perhaps you should be more "proactive" and actually give us a straight answer.

Would you have invaded?  Set up a blockade?  What would you have done?
OMG your running around in circles...Im not answering it with a question dumb ass

sanctions...i dont need to give specific examples thats for the experts to decide ven answers dip shit,which ones would be the most effective and best to employ.

I suppose tough words are good enough for you?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2009, 11:43:57 AM »
So, even though you apparently didn't even have a general idea of what the sanctions were, you fault Barry relying on them. Even though your only suggestion seems to be instituting tougher sanctions... which is what the Security Council did.

Even if the launchers had been successful, operating at 100% capacity, the military determined that they still didn't have the capabilities to be a threat to America.

i had a general idea what the sanctions where thats why i knew they broke them with the launch...what sactions did the security council put in place, to my knowledge they sent a letter...

That is not the point here doggity NK broke an agreement apparently the money they were recieving wasnt enough to deter them from doing this or restarting their nuke program...you think we should just let them procede?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2009, 11:50:11 AM »
i had a general idea what the sanctions where thats why i knew they broke them with the launch...what sactions did the .

That is not the point here doggity NK broke an agreement apparently the money they were recieving wasnt enough to deter them from doing this or restarting their nuke program...you think we should just let them procede?

You are confusing "sanctions" with "conditions".

And , once again, what would you have done if you were Obama? You've already stated that  "doing nothing", going to war, and sanctions are all bad ideas.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2009, 11:52:51 AM »
You are confusing "sanctions" with "conditions".

And , once again, what would you have done if you were Obama? You've already stated that  "doing nothing", going to war, and sanctions are all bad ideas.
LOL i never said sactions were a bad idea, i think more sanctions should have been put on NK its obvious again that the financial aid given wasnt a deterence.

you said that the security council instituted tougher sanctions, what sanctions did they institute?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2009, 11:53:01 AM »

sanctions...i dont need to give specific examples thats for the experts to decide ven answers dip shit,which ones would be the most effective and best to employ.

I suppose tough words are good enough for you?

You've said that the ones in place now aren't good enough, so simply saying "different sanctions" is a weak-assed argument.  You came into the thread bashing Barry's actions but haven't given one solid example of how they could be improved upon.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2009, 12:02:18 PM »
You've said that the ones in place now aren't good enough, so simply saying "different sanctions" is a weak-assed argument.  You came into the thread bashing Barry's actions but haven't given one solid example of how they could be improved upon.
Not at all, those sanctions didnt work thats not to say that all sanctions wouldnt work, what kind of logic is that?

Actually I came in this thread b/c I called this when NK launched their "satelite"

Ive already said that i believe this to be NK puffing out there chest to get more in negotiations...I just see 240 getting ready to praise obama but overlooking the fact he did nothing with the act that lead to this one...that I called.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2009, 12:03:49 PM »
Not at all, those sanctions didnt work thats not to say that all sanctions wouldnt work, what kind of logic is that?

Actually I came in this thread b/c I called this when NK launched their "satelite"

Ive already said that i believe this to be NK puffing out there chest to get more in negotiations...I just see 240 getting ready to praise obama but overlooking the fact he did nothing with the act that lead to this one...that I called.

You worry too much about NK. You are safe from them in Texas.
I hate the State.