Author Topic: Rampage/Machida Tuf 10 coaches?  (Read 1697 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Rampage/Machida Tuf 10 coaches?
« on: May 25, 2009, 09:41:55 AM »
Now that Lyoto Machida has cemented himself as the #1 light heavyweight in the world, the next step for him is to defend his title, and possibly build his reputation with more fans all over the world.

A natural step to build that bridge would seem to be placing Machida on the next season of the "Ultimate Fighter" reality show, and have him opposite his next opponent, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, who previously served on the show during season 7.

UFC president Dana White was asked point blank if the coaches for the tenth season of the show had been picked, and while he was able to confirm they have been chosen, he wouldn't divulge any names.

"I'm not going to tell you. We start filming on the 1st and there's a media day on like the 2nd or 3rd. All your questions will be answered then," White responded.

Even though White wouldn't disclose the coaches, he did verify that Jackson would be the fighter Machida would face for his first title defense, and with every other champion on the UFC roster already scheduled for fights over the next few months it would seem fighting to pit the two top light heavyweights in as coaches for the reality show.

With the news still forthcoming, Machida seemed intrigued at the possibility of becoming a coach, and many have noticed the Brazilian's rapidly improving English, which has been an obstacle for many foreign fighters to overcome when dealing with the American market.

"I'd like to sure, it would be great," Machida said about possibly coaching on the "Ultimate Fighter". "But Dana's the boss."

All signs point to a Machida vs. Rampage coaching situation and with the show's filming ready to start in June, the timing would seemingly work out perfectly to have the two fighters square off during the UFC's year in show in December.

Tiki has hinted that Rampage is gonna be a coach on TUF 10 and he (tiki) is gonna be his striking coach, so naturally Machida is the perfect choice (with the exception of the language barrier).
Predictions
 40/61

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Re: Rampage/Machida Tuf 10 coaches?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 01:07:07 PM »
What could Rampage possibly bring to this fight that Machida has not already faced.  It seems like Rampage is the perfect match for Machida to get another highlight reel KO...
w

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 03:00:04 PM »
What could Rampage possibly bring to this fight that Machida has not already faced.  It seems like Rampage is the perfect match for Machida to get another highlight reel KO...

He (Jackson) definately is tailor made for Machida, but he is one of the coaches on the next season of TUF, as per Tiki Ghosn via the underground, who said he would be the striking coach for Rampage.  As far as Machida being a coach that's just speculation, but it's pretty much a given.  It's all about $$$ and ratings, everyone knows Rampage's style doesnt match up well against Machida, but he's next in line, so with that lemon Dana is gonna try to make some lemonade.  By that I mean, Dana will bank on Rampage and his personality to carry TUF 10, while giving everybody a chance to get to know the mysterious, elusive, piss drinking, karate guy, then we will all get to see him (Jackson) lose at the end of it all.
Predictions
 40/61

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 05:05:10 PM »
Who's to say Jackson won't be too aggressive for Machida?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 07:29:26 AM »
Who's to say Jackson won't be too aggressive for Machida?

It seems like the more aggressive the fighter, the better that works for Machida's style...
w

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 02:05:36 PM »
Page will be embarrassed by Machida.

I think Page woulda been embarrassed by Evans.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 03:30:20 PM »
as much as I like page, I'm expecting machida to master the forrest gameplan. low kicks, body kicks, move, strike, and get out the way until he see's rampage lose his steam or get frustrated then go for the kill or ride out a UD.

all depend on page condition also (he will get ko'd if he looks like he did against jardin) . I can still see him (page) exchanging though (even with machida short karate shots) and landing "something" (that something will need to take machida to a place he's never been and make him question himself)  but that would be his only chance...taking machida down is another alternative but could end in disaster if page gets caught shooting imo.

the guy that gives machida fits will be a guy like anderson silva. down the middle,long, front kicks..etc flying knees, thai clinch work..etc.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 04:32:10 PM »
We won't ever see an Anderson/Machida fight...
w

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 05:49:42 PM »
I don't see machida losing for a long, long time....

it's gonna take a big 205er to beat him !

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 10:17:20 PM »
I don't see machida losing for a long, long time....

it's gonna take a big 205er to beat him !

Enter Shogun.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 06:16:15 AM »
We won't ever see an Anderson/Machida fight...

Why?  BC they are both cash cows for Dana, and one losing would take that away?

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 10:19:28 AM »
Why?  BC they are both cash cows for Dana, and one losing would take that away?

Same manager, both often train together and Andersen has said the 205 belt is Machida's
w

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 11:13:18 AM »
Same manager, both often train together and Andersen has said the 205 belt is Machida's

Interesting... didn't know this.  I wonder if Silva, regardless of the present situation, doesn't wanna fight Machida anyway just because of his (machida's) skill.