Author Topic: The Marriage Myth  (Read 6501 times)

io856

Re: The Marriage Myth
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2009, 12:55:02 PM »

Some good points by the mongoloid from NZ.

Mbzzzzzzz.

LOL

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2009, 12:55:49 PM »
OK TA. You live the dream and the rest of us will live in reality.

The problem is you most likely.  Tell us about your longest relationship and why it ended.  What type of person was the other and how intelligent was he or she?

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2009, 12:57:05 PM »
Other than that, I am hardly a cautious person, after all I jump from one country to the next every year or two, doesn't sound very cautious to me.

Maybe. Or, it could also be taken as an indication that you don't like commitment, with your views on marriage stemming from the same outlook. Mind you, I'm not putting you down or anything - we all have our own way of seeing and dealing with all the things in life. Just saying that I don't really understand the pettiness that seems so widespread today, where something like material wealth is given priority and a degree of respect while the more important aspects and values get ridiculed and negated.

For example, a common thing a lot of people here say is "So and so bodybuilder risked his life for a $5 plastic trophy". What they fail to realize is that the monetary value of the trophy is beside the point. The point is what the trophy stands for - the accomplishment and everything from the effort to the commitment it took the person to win it.

Anyway, coming back to the topic, I'm just saying that if you are looking for an excuse to not to do something or make a commitment, you'll always find plenty of bad examples of things going wrong, to back you up. But that shouldn't scare you off nor is it an indication of what could be your case when you take a shot at it, be it marrying someone or starting a business venture or whatever.

the mongoloid from NZ.

I like that - quite becoming ;D

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2009, 01:00:51 PM »
I agree, marriage is not mandatory nowadays where the social pressure isn't really there anymore. There are probably better legal contracts available, if something like that is desired by both.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2009, 01:01:03 PM »
Furthermore, this black guy is griping solely about money and wealth.  He seems only interested in quantifying and defining people strictly by economic means and no other.  This seems just as superficial as what he starts his entire argument with.

Does he not value anything else?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2009, 01:01:12 PM »
Unless money is getting put in my billfold or my penis is getting satisfied I could care less.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2009, 01:03:27 PM »
Maybe. Or, it could also be taken as an indication that you don't like commitment, with your views on marriage stemming from the same outlook. Mind you, I'm not putting you down or anything - we all have our own way of seeing and dealing with all the things in life. Just saying that I don't really understand the pettiness that seems so widespread today, where something like material wealth is given priority and a degree of respect while the more important aspects and values get ridiculed and negated.

For example, a common thing a lot of people here say is "So and so bodybuilder risked his life for a $5 plastic trophy". What they fail to realize is that the monetary value of the trophy is beside the point. The point is what the trophy stands for - the accomplishment and everything from the effort to the commitment it took the person to win it.

Anyway, coming back to the topic, I'm just saying that if you are looking for an excuse to not to do something or make a commitment, you'll always find plenty of bad examples of things going wrong, to back you up. But that shouldn't scare you off nor is it an indication of what could be your case when you take a shot at it, be it marrying someone or starting a business venture or whatever.

I like that - quite becoming ;D

I am a bit of a freedom freak, to each his own. You keep mashing the Venison and enjoying the genetics. 8)
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2009, 01:05:04 PM »
Caffeine is one THE BEST things you can ingest to prevent Cell Damage as well as avoid Gene Expressions for disease, especially Cancers of all kinds and aging.  Avoiding it is highly detrimental.

I don't avoid it but I also don't drink 7 cups of coffee a day. I think the general consensus is that EXCESSIVE caffeine consumption is bad.

Besides, coffee is great for taking dumps. ;D
I hate the State.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2009, 01:05:50 PM »
Besides, coffee is great for taking dumps. ;D

Yes!

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2009, 01:07:49 PM »
Furthermore, this black guy is griping solely about money and wealth.  He seems only interested in quantifying and defining people strictly by economic means and no other.  This seems just as superficial as what he starts his entire argument with.

Does he not value anything else?

Haha people here laugh about putting pussy on a pedestal, but I think there is something worse a person can do - put money on a pedestal.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2009, 01:08:53 PM »
Haha people here laugh about putting pussy on a pedestal, but I think there is something worse a person can do - put money on a pedestal.

Money is infinitely more useful.

I hate the State.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2009, 01:10:50 PM »
TA, you seem like a good guy, and you and Jez seem like a great couple.
But I bet once you marry Jez, she is going to change, trust me on this one.
For your sake I hope not, but I would say 80% of all women change once they get married

To be fair, wouldn't it be more accurate to say that about 100% of people change (for better and/or for worse) over time regardless of marital status?  Are you the same person you were 5-10 years ago? 
~

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2009, 01:13:42 PM »
Money is infinitely more useful.

Money is merely a tool, a medium of exchange and a means to an end.

Pussy, to put it bluntly, is one of those ends, although not all of it is the same and most of it isn't worth time or effort or money. 

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2009, 01:14:33 PM »
If a girl has been with more then 5 guys, I wont marry her

I agree with your points but you arnt finding a woman like this nowdays unless she's 15.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2009, 01:16:40 PM »
Money is merely a tool, a medium of exchange and a means to an end.

Pussy, to put it bluntly, is one of those ends, although not all of it is the same and most of it isn't worth time or effort or money. 

You=huge Kiwi bastard with muscles and genetics BUT I=must diagree...
I hate the State.

INSOMNIA

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • we're all mad here
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2009, 01:19:23 PM »
Once you get married.My marriage is pretty godd, but this is what most guys say

1 women become more controlling
2 they usually gain weight
3 the complain more
4 your sex life is cut in half
5 your wife acts like she is your mother
6 most women feel entitled
7 they stop doing there hair make up etc etc
8 they blame you for all there problems, even there weight gain & unhappiness.
9 They arent sweet anymore, and become more contentious
10 They hold grudges, and anything you do 3-8-5 years ago is thrown in your face

sadly, a variation of all these things apply to men as well.  :-\

they complain more
they are more controlling
they are  TOTALLY un-communicative, instead of partially
the sex life gets cut in half, or less
they act like your father
they start drinking heavily
they stop taking care of themselves physically
blame you for all their unhappiness/weight gain
they arent SWEET anymore either, stop doing the nice things they did before you were married, etc
become very demanding

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2009, 01:20:00 PM »
This thread has questionable genetics and is irrelevant for body composition.

INSOMNIA

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • we're all mad here
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2009, 01:22:33 PM »

true... but there is something to be said for looking out for youself... financially, emotionally, and otherwise. You meet the wrong person who is dishonest and has bad intensions and they could do you in....  Unfortunatly, love is blind..  and being 'in love' with the wrong person at some point can lead to long term or lifetime consequences if not careful.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2009, 01:24:01 PM »
true... but there is something to be said for looking out for youself... financially, emotionally, and otherwise. You meet the wrong person who is dishonest and has bad intensions and they could do you in....  Unfortunatly, love is blind..  and being 'in love' with the wrong person at some point can lead to long term or lifetime consequences if not careful.

If it flies, floats or fucks, you are better off renting it.  ;)
I hate the State.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2009, 01:24:28 PM »
"Looking out for yourself" should not be considered virtuous by default.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2009, 01:24:57 PM »
This thread has questionable genetics and is irrelevant for body composition.

Interestingly enough, Deicide MAY have detected a practical flaw in WLDP.
I hate the State.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2009, 01:25:24 PM »
Interestingly enough, Deicide MAY have detected a practical flaw in WLDP.

That is?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2009, 01:25:42 PM »
"Looking out for yourself" should not be considered virtuous by default.

Regardless, it is a necessity. If you don't do it, no one else will.
I hate the State.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2009, 01:26:08 PM »
Once you get married.My marriage is pretty godd, but this is what most guys say

1 women become more controlling
2 they usually gain weight
3 the complain more
4 your sex life is cut in half
5 your wife acts like she is your mother
6 most women feel entitled
7 they stop doing there hair make up etc etc
8 they blame you for all there problems, even there weight gain & unhappiness.
9 They arent sweet anymore, and become more contentious
10 They hold grudges, and anything you do 3-8-5 years ago is thrown in your face

That's all true in a lot of cases, but most guys would also say things like you can't build 18"+ arms or look more muscular than say Van Damme or whoever, if you go to the gym. But that isn't true in your case, is it? And you yourself say that your marriage is a good one.

My point is, you never know what is going to be your situation unless you take a shot at it yourself. And just because there are failures among the ventures of others doesn't mean that yours is doomed to the same fate - for all you know, you could be among the group that succeeds.

INSOMNIA

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • we're all mad here
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2009, 01:29:45 PM »
Regardless, it is a necessity. If you don't do it, no one else will.

so very true.. many have to learn that the hard way though, myself included.