Author Topic: The Marriage Myth  (Read 6502 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
The Marriage Myth
« on: May 25, 2009, 10:09:12 AM »
I hate the State.

INSOMNIA

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • we're all mad here
Re: The Marriage Myth
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 11:46:12 AM »
Good stuff. I watched a a few of his other videos, about the economy, etc. the guy makes good points about quite alot of things...including marriage. Both women and men seem to change for the worst, take each other for granted etc, etc.   :-\  But having said that I disagree with the men having surrogates to have children with.. theres somethng to be said for companionship, and a child growing up in a loving family environment..(if there is such a thing anymore..its a rarity I guess)
Also how most colleges have all these programs simply generate revenue for themselves.. many people waste a good deal of time and wind up with a huge pile of debt at the end...very sad but true. Everythings a racket nowadays. ...I think about that with my own aspirations to go back to school...and in the present ecomony, so many graduates have no job to go to and are barely scraping by living on food stamps....(did I mention the huge pile of debt to top it off?)
Another point about how young women (or men for that matter) shouldnt allow men they are involved with or relationships to change the course of their lives...I wish I wouldve heard/paid attention to that type of advice when I was in my late teens, early 20s. If I had I think I would be in a much better place in life.. hard to say though. But I do have to hit my head against the wall from time to time and ask myself WHY ???

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 11:47:36 AM »
that dude's on the money.
DAWG

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 11:54:49 AM »
Made it 30 seconds in.....this guy would have to ask his bf which shirt to buy..... 8)

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 12:02:02 PM »
lol at what he said abour sticking his dick in boiling water

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 12:02:13 PM »
Good stuff. I watched a a few of his other videos, about the economy, etc. the guy makes good points about quite alot of things...including marriage. Both women and men seem to change for the worst, take each other for granted etc, etc.   :-\  But having said that I disagree with the men having surrogates to have children with.. theres somethng to be said for companionship, and a child growing up in a loving family environment..(if there is such a thing anymore..its a rarity I guess)
Also how most colleges have all these programs simply generate revenue for themselves.. many people waste a good deal of time and wind up with a huge pile of debt at the end...very sad but true. Everythings a racket nowadays. ...I think about that with my own aspirations to go back to school...and in the present ecomony, so many graduates have no job to go to and are barely scraping by living on food stamps....(did I mention the huge pile of debt to top it off?)
Another point about how young women (or men for that matter) shouldnt allow men they are involved with or relationships to change the course of their lives...I wish I wouldve heard/paid attention to that type of advice when I was in my late teens, early 20s. If I had I think I would be in a much better place in life.. hard to say though. But I do have to hit my head against the wall from time to time and ask myself WHY ???

Relationships and especially marriage are all about power, especially for the woman. Woman ALWAYS have the advantage in marriage and have the potential to completely destroy a man if divorce should occur because the system is totally lined up against men. I will NEVER get married.
I hate the State.

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 12:08:42 PM »
Relationships and especially marriage are all about power, especially for the woman. Woman ALWAYS have the advantage in marriage and have the potential to completely destroy a man if divorce should occur because the system is totally lined up against men.
how is a woman going to take advantage of and destroy your broke ass?

I will NEVER get married.

women the world over are breathing a collective sigh of relief ;D

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 12:11:15 PM »
how is a woman going to take advantage of and destroy your broke ass?

women the world over are breathing a collective sigh of relief ;D

I have SOME assets, GREAT ONE, and those few assets I have, could be taken over. Empirically you cannot argue that the system is rigged against men; men are almost universally the losers especially if children are involved.

Being asexual these days, I couldn't give a rat's ass what women think.
I hate the State.

INSOMNIA

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • we're all mad here
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 12:11:24 PM »
Relationships and especially marriage are all about power, especially for the woman. Woman ALWAYS have the advantage in marriage and have the potential to completely destroy a man if divorce should occur because the system is totally lined up against men. I will NEVER get married.

I dont agree.. it takes two to tango. I have seen how men operate in marriage/ relationships and it aint all sugar and spice. Many times they are the ones who get the ball rolling off into the ditch in the first place. I think much of that is based on a few cases blown way out of proportion... and the idea is very outdated IMO. That hasnt been the reality based on what Ive seen and experienced, at least not in this day and age.

so, I take it that means we're not getting hitched this summer?  :(  >:(
 ;D

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 12:13:40 PM »
I dont agree.. it takes two to tango. I have seen how men operate in marriage/ relationships as well and it aint all sugar and spice. Many times they are the ones who get the ball rolling into the ditch in the firt place. I think much of that is based on a few cases blown way out of proportion... and the idea is very outdated. That hasnt been the reality based on what Ive seen and experienced, at least not in this day and age.

If you look at statistics, men are the (financial) losers in divorce especially if kids are involved.

so, I take it that means we're not getting hitched this summer?  :(  >:(

Probably not, but if you want I will buy you a cup of coffee. :)
I hate the State.

INSOMNIA

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • we're all mad here
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 12:17:15 PM »

If you look at statistics, men are the (financial) losers in divorce especially if kids are involved.

Probably not, but if you want I will buy you a cup of coffee. :)

I dont look at statistics much... I tend to go by what I see going on around me.

Coffee sounds good!  :)  lol

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 12:17:26 PM »

Good stuff yourself.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2009, 12:18:42 PM »

I dont look at statistics much... I tend to go by what I see going on around me.

Coffee sounds good!  :)  lol

Large scale statistics are more reliable than a few anecdotal personal experiences.

If I am back in Riverdale this summer, multiple cups of coffee on me! :)
I hate the State.

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2009, 12:30:06 PM »
. Empirically you cannot argue that the system is rigged against men; men are almost universally the losers especially if children are involved.

gotta agree with that.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2009, 12:32:28 PM »
First off he is wrong 75% of marriages end in divorce.Woman want to marry men so they can have security.If you notice 75% of the time women instigate marriage.Almost every girl I dated hinted at, or let me know in a round about way they wanted to get married to me.
Women know men just want sex from them, most of the time once a man gets what he wants from a woman he is gone.So a woman has to be careful.
Woman have to give a man sex to keep the guy around, but there is a chance once she gives in the guy will move on.If this happens to often then the girl winds up sleeping with 20-30 guys.I dont know about you ,but I wouldnt marry a woman who has been with 20 or 30 guys.If a girl has been with more then 5 guys, I wont marry her, lol.Sorry im not into time shares lol or public property.
The problem with marriage is 2 things, once married women try to change or control men.Plus once your married in most cases your sex life sint the same ass when you were sinlge.I was talking to my friend and his wife, who he just recently divorcved.
He was complaining she dont give him oral sex, or anal sex anymore.She rudely butts into our conversation and says, I am married to him now I dont have to do that anymore , lol.
If you ask me thats false advertising.She was actually proud that she tricked him into marrying him, lol.Neddless to say, he dumped her, and now found a really really nice girl.I personaly thing that you dont have to be married to be happy.If you got a good woman and she is secure you can just live with her, and you both can be happy.Usually when a woman wants to marry you its because she is insecure, plus she has alterior motives.Most of the time to change you control you, or set her self up for a good life.If the marriage dissolves god forbid, the worst thing that can happen to her is she gets half of everything you own.
I bleieve in marriage, I just think women of today  feel entitled and use marriage as a weapon of manipulation and control.Dont get me wrong there are good women out there, but I would say only about 10% are good the rest are nice to look at but are to much grief

INSOMNIA

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • we're all mad here
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2009, 12:37:56 PM »
Large scale statistics are more reliable than a few anecdotal personal experiences.

If I am back in Riverdale this summer, multiple cups of coffee on me! :)

could the statistics say they tend to lose more simply because they often have more ($$$, assets) to lose? Statistics dont provide much in the way of dynamics involved...just cold numbers. in the instance where the woman has more to lose than the man, (which is less often the case) she gets the shaft as well. what Im saying is, I think the atmosphere is pretty equal these days. I dont think the courts favor one party much over the other...especially now that the income gap is closing.

I think anytime one party has a substantial more amount to lose than the other, a prenup should be a consideration.

Do the courts favor one party over the other? maybe in the case of children... i dunno.

yayyyyy!!!coffee...my addiction!  :D  i will drink you under the table.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2009, 12:39:12 PM »
First off he is wrong 75% of marriages end in divorce.Woman want to marry men so they can have security.If you notice 75% of the time women instigate marriage.Almost every girl I dated hinted at, or let me know in a round about way they wanted to get married to me.
Women know men just want sex from them, most of the time once a man gets what he wants from a woman he is gone.So a woman has to be careful.
Woman have to give a man sex to keep the guy around, but there is a chance once she gives in the guy will move on.If this happens to often then the girl winds up sleeping with 20-30 guys.I dont know about you ,but I wouldnt marry a woman who has been with 20 or 30 guys.If a girl has been with more then 5 guys, I wont marry her, lol.Sorry im not into time shares lol or public property.
The problem with marriage is 2 things, once married women try to change or control men.Plus once your married in most cases your sex life sint the same ass when you were sinlge.I was talking to my friend and his wife, who he just recently divorcved.
He was complaining she dont give him oral sex, or anal sex anymore.She rudely butts into our conversation and says, I am married to him now I dont have to do that anymore , lol.
If you ask me thats false advertising.She was actually proud that she tricked him into marrying him, lol.Neddless to say, he dumped her, and now found a really really nice girl.I personaly thing that you dont have to be married to be happy.If you got a good woman and she is secure you can just live with her, and you both can be happy.Usually when a woman wants to marry you its because she is insecure, plus she has alterior motives.Most of the time to change you control you, or set her self up for a good life.If the marriage dissolves god forbid, the worst thing that can happen to her is she gets half of everything you own.
I bleieve in marriage, I just think women of today  feel entitled and use marriage as a weapon of manipulation and control.Dont get me wrong there are good women out there, but I would say only about 10% are good the rest are nice to look at but are to much grief

Marriage=evil scourge=no doubt about it.

There is a funny website about the stuff you mentioned.

I hate the State.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2009, 12:41:07 PM »

You seem to be the kind of person that always says the cup is half empty, Deicide. Firstly, nothing worthwhile is going to be had without an aspect of pain and the more something / someone is worth to you, the greater are going to be the chances of you getting hurt from it/them from some way or the other. So are you saying that the possible bad side puts you off all the positive things you will get out of it? If you live your life with that much caution, without letting anyone close to you for the reason mentioned above, you won't really be living much a life anyway.

I'm not married and don't know if I ever will be, but I do know that I could never respect myself if I allow myself to be put off by it because I'm scared of the possibility that the woman I'm going to marry could someday decide to split up with me and take part of my wealth away. There are a lot of successful marriages that prove that such a union isn't a totally stupid thing to do. Married couples fight and even hate each other at times, as is the case of any relationship between two people, be it friendship or parenthood or whatever - doesn't mean that that's all there is to it.

Oh yeah, meltdown ;D

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2009, 12:42:53 PM »
could the statistics say they tend to lose more simply because they often have more ($$$, assets) to lose? Statistics dont provide much in the way of dynamics involved...just numbers. in the instance where the woman has more to lose than the man, (which is less often the case) she gets the shaft as well. what Im saying is, I think the atmosphere is pretty equal these days. I dont think the courts favor one party much over the other...especially now that the income gap is closing.

I think anytime one party has a substantial more amount to lose than the other, a prenup should be a consideration.

Do the courts favor one party over the other? maybe only in the case of children... i dunno.

yayyyyy!!!coffee...my addiction!  :D  i will drink you under the table.

I think studies have borne our that the system is biased but I'll not argue with point with a kind lady such as yourself.

You probably could drink me under the table. I try not to drink too much; caffeine is poison after all. I might just have a peppermint tea. ;D
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2009, 12:46:26 PM »
You seem to be the kind of person that always says the cup is half empty, Deicide. Firstly, nothing worthwhile is going to be had without an aspect of pain and the more something / someone is worth to you, the greater are going to be the chances of you getting hurt from it/them from some way or the other. So are you saying that the possible bad side puts you off all the positive things you will get out of it? If you live your life with that much caution, without letting anyone close to you for the reason mentioned above, you won't really be living much a life anyway.

I'm not married and don't know if I ever will be, but I do know that I could never respect myself if I allow myself to be put off by it because I'm scared of the possibility that the woman I'm going to marry could someday decide to split up with me and take part of my wealth away. There are a lot of successful marriages that prove that such a union isn't a totally stupid thing to do. Married couples fight and even hate each other at times, as is the case of any relationship between two people, be it friendship or parenthood or whatever - doesn't mean that that's all there is to it.

Oh yeah, meltdown ;D

My huge Venison mashing man with muscle friend, I only sort of agree with you. Several friends of mine have nearly been wiped out by the courts and their 'spouses'. Learn from others. Other than that, I am hardly a cautious person, after all I jump from one country to the next every year or two, doesn't sound very cautious to me.

Liked that Aukland shot. Really wouldn't mind living there for a year or two. sigh. :-\
I hate the State.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2009, 12:46:49 PM »

Oh yeah, meltdown ;D

Some good points by the mongoloid from NZ.

Mbzzzzzzz.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2009, 12:50:49 PM »
I have a perfect and equally reciprocal relationship with Jezebelle (we are not married, but we may as well be. We do not place any importance on "marriage").  Problems only arise in relationships or in marriage when the other person is significantly unequal to the other, especially in terms of intelligence or if both are blind to the concept of knowledge.

The problem is not one of direct marriage, but that sheer superficial stupidity, fickleness, unfairness, inequality.  You and this black guy are confusing causation with correlation.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2009, 12:52:21 PM »
I have a perfect and equally reciprocal relationship with Jezebelle (we are not married, but we may as well be. We do not place any importance on "marriage").  Problems only arise in relationships or in marriage when the other person is significantly unequal to the other, especially in terms of intelligence or if both are blind to the concept of knowledge.

The problem is not one of direct marriage, but that sheer superficial stupidity, fickleness, unfairness, inequality.  You and this black guy are confusing causation with correlation.

OK TA. You live the dream and the rest of us will live in reality.
I hate the State.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2009, 12:53:14 PM »
I think studies have borne our that the system is biased but I'll not argue with point with a kind lady such as yourself.

You probably could drink me under the table. I try not to drink too much; caffeine is poison after all. I might just have a peppermint tea. ;D
Caffeine is one THE BEST things you can ingest to prevent Cell Damage as well as avoid Gene Expressions for disease, especially Cancers of all kinds and aging.  Avoiding it is highly detrimental.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2009, 12:54:12 PM »
I have a perfect and equally reciprocal relationship with Jezebelle (we are not married, but me may as well be. We do not place any importance on "marriage").  Problems only arise in relationships or in marriage when the other person is significantly unequal to the other, especially in terms of intelligence or if both are blind to the concept of knowledge.

Hadronix = yes!