Author Topic: why is North Korea allowed to do whateva it wants?  (Read 1790 times)

BigIronPete

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
why is North Korea allowed to do whateva it wants?
« on: May 25, 2009, 10:20:41 AM »
Yet other countries are not?

Stopping the flow of coconuts and apples into NK is't doing much now is it?

I read on another board that going into NK would be a bloodbath for both sides.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: why is North Korea allowed to do whateva it wants?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 10:24:09 AM »

NK has no resources, zip and not even the war liberals and neo-cons could really justify war with it, that would be a waste even for them. Besides, that would destabilise out sattelite S.Korea far too much and endanger it and could engender even more anti-american sentiment there, losing deal for the US for do much against N.Korea.
I hate the State.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 10:26:55 AM »
nKorea does what it wants because it really can't be punished anymore. Obama failed to stop the last launch, China doesn't want to see it collapse because they'd have to deal with refugee's, and Japan is really pissed off with them. Nobody is launching a war with the North. They might decide that their time is up and launch themselves.
L

BigIronPete

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 10:31:44 AM »
NK has no resources, zip and not even the war liberals and neo-cons could really justify war with it, that would be a waste even for them. Besides, that would destabilise out sattelite S.Korea far too much and endanger it and could engender even more anti-american sentiment there, losing deal for the US for do much against N.Korea.

Why does North Korea feel the need to have nuclear weapons? For its own protection from hostile neighbours?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 10:35:57 AM »
So it can continue its games with the West, in order to get concessions.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 10:37:57 AM »
we only interfere with the affairs of a country when they have oil, a cool spot for bases, or other resources we want.

NK is a far greater threat than Iraq was - but we attacked iraq.
Darfur was far greater human rights abuses than saddam, but we attacked iraq.

You don't invade any place when the spoils of war aren't worth the cost of invasion.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 10:40:17 AM »
we only interfere with the affairs of a country when they have oil, a cool spot for bases, or other resources we want.

NK is a far greater threat than Iraq was - but we attacked iraq.
Darfur was far greater human rights abuses than saddam, but we attacked iraq.

You don't invade any place when the spoils of war aren't worth the cost of invasion.

NK failed to launch their satellite, which was likely testing intercontinental missile technology. Failed miserably. Iran just tested a missile that can travel 1200+ miles. How is NK a greater threat? Because they tested a nuke with the explosive power of 1000 tons of TNT?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 10:40:29 AM »
Why does North Korea feel the need to have nuclear weapons? For its own protection from hostile neighbours?

I would basically agree with HH6 here; they have nothing so the only way they can get stuff is by shouting loudly and making threats, plus it acts as a deterent towards the USA in a way, since even the war maniacs don't really want war with nukes.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 10:41:49 AM »
NK failed to launch their satellite, which was likely testing intercontinental missile technology. Failed miserably. Iran just tested a missile that can travel 1200+ miles. How is NK a greater threat? Because they tested a nuke with the explosive power of 1000 tons of TNT?

NK is no threat to us but it is a sort of a threat to SK...
I hate the State.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 10:42:35 AM »
How is NK a greater threat? Because they tested a nuke with the explosive power of 1000 tons of TNT?

we have 50,000 US troops just over the boarder in SKorea.  They's why.

today's nuke was hiroshima level, Drudge reported today

yeah, that's a pretty damn big threat.

not that i have anything against letting isr cook iran - i just don't want obama to borrow $5 trillion more to handle that mess.  Iraq cost 1-3 trillion bucks, and Iran iss a far greater threat who already knows how to fight us, given the mess they witnessed i iraq.  it would be expensive and ugly, so i'd rather someone else do it.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 10:44:37 AM »

not that i have anything against letting isr cook iran - i just don't want obama to borrow $5 trillion more to handle that mess.  Iraq cost 1-3 trillion bucks, and Iran iss a far greater threat who already knows how to fight us, given the mess they witnessed i iraq.  it would be expensive and ugly, so i'd rather someone else do it.

It's a big threat when they lack any means of delivering it? They are completely incapable of reaching anywhere near us. Now Japan and SK is another thing.

I'm not advocating war against Iran either. Not right now at least. Not advocating it against NK either. I want the economy fixed. Then we can worry about those fuckheads and their shitstirring.

I'd rather we fight a proxy war of bombings and assassinations against Iran anyway.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 10:45:22 AM »
NK is no threat to us but it is a sort of a threat to SK...
Are you currently living in South Korea? If so, does any of this concern you or is it nothing to worry about?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2009, 10:45:47 AM »

It would beyond insanity to start a war with Iran. It is a huge country, has over 70 million people and they won't just roll over and would destroy us financially. Bad idea.
I hate the State.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2009, 10:47:15 AM »
So it can continue its games with the West, in order to get concessions.
exactly

they don't even need any nukes.  they have enough conventional weapons and can pummel S. Korea in a matter of minutes

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2009, 10:48:44 AM »
Do you honestly think China will sit there and let NK launch a nuke, 240? Knowing full well that we'll turn around and reduce them to a smoldering pile of radioactive trash right on China's doorstep?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2009, 10:49:32 AM »
Are you currently living in South Korea? If so, does any of this concern you or is it nothing to worry about?

Not now, have been in the UK for almost a year now but was there for over 2 years.

It doesn't really concern me really because this is standard operating behaviour for NK. Thing is, SK's economy is far stronger than NK's as is its military, but El Nuto in Pyunyang would still cause some hardcore damage, no doubt before NK fell apart they would take Seoul out before they went down for the count. SK wants to keep the status quo because for whatever reason, if NK collapses, then SK will be FUCKED, refugees, economic ills, the works.
I hate the State.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2009, 10:50:02 AM »
It would beyond insanity to start a war with Iran. It is a huge country, has over 70 million people and they won't just roll over and would destroy us financially. Bad idea.

yeah, Iran is rich.  we're poor.  We're outta money, Obama said this week.

They have 70 million people, the advantage of iraq's lessons and defensive position, and the fact they're not nuclear means our hands are tied with using big guns on them.

Even without the Afghan/iraq messes, it would be a long, drawn out war and probably an insurgency, and a better one, since they'd plan for it :(

If their neighbors feel threatened, that's their busienss what they do.  I live on 1st street.  I have no business in what two assholes fighting in their yard on 21st street do.

It's a big threat when they lack any means of delivering it? They are completely incapable of reaching anywhere near us. Now Japan and SK is another thing.

yeah, if they can hit SKOrea, then that could mean 50,000 dead american troops.  I have a major problem with that, and every american should.  They have missiles that aren't that good YET.  And they have nukes that would do a lot of damage, as we can see.  It only takes 1 missile to get lucky or one suitcase nuke to get thru (lol i sound like cheney now!) and we lose a lot of men.  

So yeah, NK needs to be tamed, and quick.  If obama wants to hit them, I back it.  if Isr wants to hit Iran, it's their business.  NK is being outright hostile.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2009, 10:51:23 AM »
Do you honestly think China will sit there and let NK launch a nuke, 240? Knowing full well that we'll turn around and reduce them to a smoldering pile of radioactive trash right on China's doorstep?

China is NK's strongest ally.  They gave a written statement about "we disapprove of this" but ya know they probably got way more warning than we did.

are you saying you trust the lives of 50,000 US troops (and thousand more support ppl) on the sanity of kim jung il?  Really???

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2009, 10:54:43 AM »
yeah, Iran is rich.  we're poor.  We're outta money, Obama said this week.

They have 70 million people, the advantage of iraq's lessons and defensive position, and the fact they're not nuclear means our hands are tied with using big guns on them.

Even without the Afghan/iraq messes, it would be a long, drawn out war and probably an insurgency, and a better one, since they'd plan for it :(

If their neighbors feel threatened, that's their busienss what they do.  I live on 1st street.  I have no business in what two assholes fighting in their yard on 21st street do.

yeah, if they can hit SKOrea, then that could mean 50,000 dead american troops.  I have a major problem with that, and every american should.  They have missiles that aren't that good YET.  And they have nukes that would do a lot of damage, as we can see.  It only takes 1 missile to get lucky or one suitcase nuke to get thru (lol i sound like cheney now!) and we lose a lot of men.  

So yeah, NK needs to be tamed, and quick.  If obama wants to hit them, I back it.  if Isr wants to hit Iran, it's their business.  NK is being outright hostile.

If we weren't still in SK after 50 fucking years, none of this would matter. Over a 100 military bases on this shit speck on the map... ::)
I hate the State.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2009, 10:57:55 AM »
China is NK's strongest ally.  They gave a written statement about "we disapprove of this" but ya know they probably got way more warning than we did.

are you saying you trust the lives of 50,000 US troops (and thousand more support ppl) on the sanity of kim jung il?  Really???
is this the same china that blocked sanctions against NK for breaking their agreed upon terms of the last treaty or whatever it was with the satelite launch?

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2009, 11:04:26 AM »

cause ones does not fuck with people  THAT ACTUALLY HAVE NUKES  ;)  the bush govt ws into the habit of blaming people for having nukes and then blowing em to smithereens without proof...plus they did appease the Christian American population by convincing that jesus woulda wanted it that way!

wait that reminds me of another organization that uses religion and commits heinous crimes in the name of religion :-\
carpe` vaginum!

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2009, 01:56:39 PM »

Are you kiding or something...america is the ROGUE nation on the planet..Korea and other nations reealize this and are now protecting themselves from such

CUTE..North Korea does not need anything from america...which by the way does not have anything to give to North Korea. I keep wondering when the South Koreans will come into their right mind and rejoin and stop this american created MADNESS of division in their country

You think CHINA would allow america to even get close to Korea for any supposed war? attacking Korea would wake the DRAGON and with NUCLEAR WEAPONS as teeth. That is one dragon america does not want to fuck with or can slay. It would only take nuking a few cities in america to bring it to its knees and China is more than capable of that
C

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2009, 03:10:13 PM »
U have no idea what ur talking about dipshit..none. Go play in traffic. China hasn't been able to invade a tiny island. nKorea means nothing to them but a headache.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2009, 05:56:33 PM »

It's because Obama is weak on defense and foreign policy and is getting his advice from France and Jimmy Carter.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2009, 10:54:01 PM »
U have no idea what ur talking about dipshit..none. Go play in traffic. China hasn't been able to invade a tiny island. nKorea means nothing to them but a headache.

Um..america has been fightimg in Iraq for nearly seven years and Iraq is the size of California and has nothing in comparison to america in regard to military arms... so what does that say about america??? If america had to fight a country of appreciable size with a modest military it would fold like a house of cards..
C