Author Topic: The root cause of "bodybuilding's downfall"?  (Read 6517 times)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: The root cause of "bodybuilding's downfall"?
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2009, 03:47:26 PM »
There's this guy I know, let's call him Alex, who could bring respectability back to the sport. Straighter than an arrow, family man, immensely successful in all areas, friend to all minorities (except those dirty jews and a-raabs) AND all natural to boot. His side chest reminds me of Arnold. One show away from a pro card.

pics?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2009, 03:49:56 PM »
pics?

He thinks taking pics is gay. He would never do a youtube request video for a homo either. He does NOT pander to the homosexual bodybuilding undercurrent!

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2009, 03:50:25 PM »
You're obviously deluded by your love for brown musclemen... this thread has nothing to do with physiques but all to do with the perception the small fan base has of the "subculture". Now that the media isn't self contained in the magazines, as the internet made it irrelevant, the truth is out and not pleasant for everyone... 

wrong. it has everything to do with physiques, because this is what the judges began awarding Mr. Olympia's to:

beginning in the mid 90's: this is the truth that you speak of..and its not pleasant as you say.

prior to that, quality ruled the day.

Flower Boy Ran Away

evandatp

• Getbig IV
  • Haunted4Pay
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2009, 03:56:59 PM »
A lot of human dignity in the first two thirds of this thread page one.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2009, 04:01:22 PM »
wrong. it has everything to do with physiques, because this is what the judges began awarding Mr. Olympia's to:

beginning in the mid 90's: this is the truth that you speak of..and its not pleasant as you say.

prior to that, quality ruled the day.

Ha ha ha ha more pics from that very same contest kid stop trolling , you can argue about 97 all you want 94 was NO contest even Shawn said so

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2009, 04:04:06 PM »
94 Dorian was off from 93 and still leaps & bounds better than everyone else

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2009, 04:08:47 PM »
You're obviously deluded by your love for brown musclemen... this thread has nothing to do with physiques but all to do with the perception the small fan base has of the "subculture". Now that the media isn't self contained in the magazines, as the internet made it irrelevant, the truth is out and not pleasant for everyone... 

Great post ! just another opportunity for the fan boy to bash Yates

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2009, 04:09:24 PM »
Without a doubt Insulin is the scourge that killed bodybuilding.

Of course if one wants to take it a step further...one could lay this at the door of Dan Duchaine, (whom I was very fond of just for the record).

Modern Bodybuilding is a world that Dan created....as much as Mishko would like to take credit for inventing Insulin....it was Dan that pioneered its use as an exogenous aid. Dorian ran with this...and brought in the current era.

However...I blame bodybuilders themselves.....no one these days has a mindset to stand out. There is no "right" or "wrong" physique. If you present your body in the right fashion...and can project the right attitude, then it will be the de facto winning physique. (Up to a point).

For example....did Arnold always win because he was the best? Or was he so charismatic that as a judge you just WANTED to get behind him 100%. If todays crop of pros were content on maximazing the best traits that they had...instead of trying to play follow the leader with their drug regimes....then we would have much better physiques today.

M!

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2009, 04:10:10 PM »
LOL ND is melting down cause I struck a cord like I always do.

I play him like a panio..

Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2009, 04:14:50 PM »
LOL ND is melting down cause I struck a cord like I always do.

I play him like a panio..

You struck nothing all you did is post a pic of Yates relaxed and Shawn posing you have no point and you're deathly afraid to post a side-by-side comparison of the two flexing because it shuts you down

Dorian is the clear winner in 1994 Shawn Ray himself said so you're just trolling as usual . even Musclemag said Dorian was the rightful winner as usula you have nothing...you realize you can't debate with me so you just troll the same pics and the same bullshit ..nothing new with you

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2009, 04:17:57 PM »
You struck nothing all you did is post a pic of Yates relaxed and Shawn posing you have no point and you're deathly afraid to post a side-by-side comparison of the two flexing because it shuts you down

sure it does ::)

shawn's back double bi was even better than dorian's

sure, dorian has more upper back thickness.

but the quality (remember what we are talking about?) of shawn's pose is better:

better detail, better glutes/hams, better arms/delts (not injured and deformed) etc.

dorian is bigger. but not better.

the point is proven: even with dorian's 'best pose'

ps even musclemag agreed their olympia review

hahahaha
Flower Boy Ran Away

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2009, 04:20:51 PM »
dorian vs ronnie after just one page :'(
tank u jesus

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2009, 04:25:51 PM »
sure it does ::)

shawn's back double bi was even better than dorian's

sure, dorian has more upper back thickness.

but the quality (remember what we are talking about?) of shawn's pose is better:

better detail, better glutes/hams, better arms/delts (not injured and deformed) etc.

dorian is bigger. but not better.

the point is proven: even with dorian's 'best pose'

ps even musclemag agreed their olympia review

hahahaha

Yeah he really has a better back double biceps pose  ::) totally indicative of your ignorance , Shawn doesn't beat Dorian in muscular bulk , density perhaps matches him in dryness , can't touch him in balance & proportion , I laughed when you typed Dorian has more upper back thickness LMFAO Dorian's entire back has more thickness EVERYWHERE compared to ANYONE on that stage the fact you think Shawn is winning that pose , shows exactly why you're stupid enough to believe he won the contest , like 1993 there was NO CONTEST for first that is and this is from MuscleMag fan-boy  ;)

Musclemag International Feb 1995

On the 1994 Mr Olympia

Was it after all a luckywin? I chose to use the word " lucky " because  without a doubt there was an element of luck involved in Dorian's third consecutive Mr. O title . He was far from his best.

I would NOT not wish the reader to leave these pages thinking that the Sandow had been given a handout. THAT WOULD BE FAR FROM THE TRUTH.

and Shawn Ray

( 1994 Mr Olympia ) Tonight I feel that I got what I deserved. With a beaming smile , Shawn concluded: " This is the first time in three years I haven't ' retired ' the night of the show and got drunk. "

case closed , Dorian won easily

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2009, 04:31:05 PM »
dorian vs ronnie after just one page :'(
No Dorian vs Ronnie , Hulkster trolling nothing new

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2009, 05:03:01 PM »
No Dorian vs Ronnie , Hulkster trolling nothing new

nope, commenting on the 1994 olympia result and its implications on the sports future is not trolling.

after all, this thread is about the root cause of bodybuilding's downfall

look at the sport today and what it has become. it all started with the mid 90's - the dorian yates controversial post tear wins..

Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2009, 05:06:41 PM »
nope, commenting on the 1994 olympia result and its implications on the sports future is not trolling.

It's trolling when you post pics of Yates relaxed and Shawn flexed , you're a troll period. and if you knew the first thing about competitive bodybuilding you'd know people were crying Haney was to big , to far from what the sport should represent , the magazines were all pushing Bob Paris as the ideal Mr Olympia , Lee Labrada with a classical type physique it's nothing new you wouldn't know this because you're hopelessly clueless when it comes to bodybuilding .

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2009, 07:09:33 PM »
Without a doubt Insulin is the scourge that killed bodybuilding.

Of course if one wants to take it a step further...one could lay this at the door of Dan Duchaine, (whom I was very fond of just for the record).

Modern Bodybuilding is a world that Dan created....as much as Mishko would like to take credit for inventing Insulin....it was Dan that pioneered its use as an exogenous aid. Dorian ran with this...and brought in the current era.

However...I blame bodybuilders themselves.....no one these days has a mindset to stand out. There is no "right" or "wrong" physique. If you present your body in the right fashion...and can project the right attitude, then it will be the de facto winning physique. (Up to a point).

For example....did Arnold always win because he was the best? Or was he so charismatic that as a judge you just WANTED to get behind him 100%. If todays crop of pros were content on maximazing the best traits that they had...instead of trying to play follow the leader with their drug regimes....then we would have much better physiques today.

M!

Many truths can be found in this post...

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2009, 07:16:33 PM »
Fanny packs
goatees
tribal tattoos
gay4pay
fitness/figuire/bikini hoes
stupid, disgusting water gallon jugs being carried around
dressing like you are out of connecticut clown college

DeltsaForce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2009, 07:20:51 PM »
Lol   Tbombz is so obviously got a crush on Alex.  It's kinda painful to watch and know the truth that Alex would not go near his salt semen mouth and deeply massaged tissues 

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2009, 07:27:28 PM »
Of course its going to fail when only two shows are webstreamed. Top guys only compete twice a year. No television coverage. And yes. I use to buy mags and think of these guys as gods before the internet..

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2009, 07:56:06 PM »
JEEZUS CHRIST! Can't you schmoes take your bickering to your 1500+ page schmoefest thread?
HAHA, RON.....

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2009, 09:01:54 PM »
Fanny packs
goatees
tribal tattoos
gay4pay
fitness/figuire/bikini hoes
stupid, disgusting water gallon jugs being carried around
dressing like you are out of connecticut clown college

really, on a sidenote, what the fuck is with this "bikini division"...was figure not lifeless and sleep inducing enough as it is.  i like looking at hot chicks more than anyone, but this universal inclusionism, everybody deserves a trophy kind of attitude is ridiculous.  it makes sense that there should be a medium for female competition a notch below some of the extreme physiques we see on female bodybuilding stages, thus fitness was born...figure...now thats a stretch,,,you can walk through downtown south beach or a high end strip club, throw a rock, and hit five girls who would be immediately competitive on most "figure" stages...remember girls, inordinately flare your lats and push your asses out to inhuman dimensions....now "bikini"...you can litterally go to daytona beach or spring break in Cancun...throw a rock...a hit 20 sloppy drunk whores who could represent the first generation of "bikini pros", yes gentleman...these women would technically be considered professional athletes.

camelisator

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2009, 09:16:38 PM »
JEEZUS CHRIST! Can't you schmoes take your bickering to your 1500+ page schmoefest thread?

Indeed Gordyman... they need to take it in their shitthread before this one ends up there too  >:( >:( >:(
G.M.W: King23's Army

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2009, 10:00:35 PM »
really, on a sidenote, what the fuck is with this "bikini division"...was figure not lifeless and sleep inducing enough as it is.  i like looking at hot chicks more than anyone, but this universal inclusionism, everybody deserves a trophy kind of attitude is ridiculous.  it makes sense that there should be a medium for female competition a notch below some of the extreme physiques we see on female bodybuilding stages, thus fitness was born...figure...now thats a stretch,,,you can walk through downtown south beach or a high end strip club, throw a rock, and hit five girls who would be immediately competitive on most "figure" stages...remember girls, inordinately flare your lats and push your asses out to inhuman dimensions....now "bikini"...you can litterally go to daytona beach or spring break in Cancun...throw a rock...a hit 20 sloppy drunk whores who could represent the first generation of "bikini pros", yes gentleman...these women would technically be considered professional athletes.

It's all about the mighty dollar.....more bimbos enter = more entry fees. Simple as that. Now any stripper can call her self a competitive athlete.
HAHA, RON.....

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2009, 10:06:35 PM »

It's all about the mighty dollar.....more bimbos enter = more entry fees. Simple as that. Now any stripper can call her self a competitive athlete.

"im a bikini professional"........no, your a dirty, dirty stripper" :)