Author Topic: The root cause of "bodybuilding's downfall"?  (Read 6521 times)

camelisator

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
The root cause of "bodybuilding's downfall"?
« on: May 25, 2009, 02:24:54 PM »
In the 80's and 90's which most of you grew up during, you would spend your hard earn money on a magazine in order to worship your musclemen.

All looked good on paper, Chris Dickerson did not sleep with "men", Demayo did not have a nubain of a problem, hell, even Titus would looked respectable; unless you were an inside you would not know about certain "tricks", like the Mirage Hotel, how to stay icognito in a bathroom stall aka the "trick-o-paperbags", how focked up chemicalization was...

All looked respectable.

Then came the internets; a democratization of the back scenes, a shiny spot on how things really are....
G.M.W: King23's Army

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
  • "Let me pose on this one" - REV. X
Re: The root cause of "bodybuilding's downfall"?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 02:25:58 PM »

:o
Spirit of Truth

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 02:27:39 PM »
Young fool... only now... at the end... do you understand.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 02:28:38 PM »
bitch ass em there is nothing wrong with kai green. one of the only bodybuilders who can actually talk with a little bit of intelligence, epic work ethic, truly a fan of the sport, entertaining...  he is the way bodybuilding needs to go.

Quo

• Getbig II
  • "Yes I work out...thanks for asking"
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 02:29:02 PM »
Freak....

Quo

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 02:29:47 PM »
bitch ass em there is nothing wrong with kai green. one of the only bodybuilders who can actually talk with a little bit of intelligence, epic work ethic, truly a fan of the sport, entertaining...  he is the way bodybuilding needs to go.

ok...it's already there dude...

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 02:30:37 PM »

Forgive me for I've been mislead.
Spirit of Truth

camelisator

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 02:32:08 PM »

Says the guy who is openly juiced to the gills and has nothing to show up for... yup the "direction it needs to go" 

::)

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 02:34:43 PM »
Says the guy who is openly juiced to the gills and has nothing to show up for... yup the "direction it needs to go" 

:o :o :o :o :o
Spirit of Truth

Quo

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 02:34:52 PM »

I hate when they do that..... ;D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 02:35:18 PM »

i am open about using steroids.

the fact that you are juicing and using other drugs and you lie about it, that doesnt make anyone who is honest about juicing an abuser.  that just means we are honest about it.

man, you must really fuckin hate yourself dude.

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 02:36:24 PM »
In the 80's and 90's which most of you grew up during, you would spend your hard earn money on a magazine in order to worship your musclemen.

All looked good on paper, Chris Dickerson did not sleep with "men", Demayo did not have a nubain of a problem, hell, even Titus would looked respectable; unless you were an inside you would not know about certain "tricks", like the Mirage Hotel, how to stay icognito in a bathroom stall aka the "trick-o-paperbags", how focked up chemicalization was...

All looked respectable.

Then came the internets; a democratization of the back scenes, a shiny spot on how things really are....

can you elaborate on some of hte things you mentioned...mirage hotel, paperbags....solely for the purpose of me being a gossip whore??

camelisator

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2009, 02:42:54 PM »
can you elaborate on some of hte things you mentioned...mirage hotel, paperbags....solely for the purpose of me being a gossip whore??

The Mirage hotel was well known G4P hotspot throughout the 90's...

Let's say you would prefer to stay icognito while accomodating schmoe sausages in many ways, standing in paper bags is a good way to "blend in". A trick Tom Prince perfected in the 90's, at one point trips to Trader's Joe solely purpose was to aquire new bags. Of course this never made it in MuscleMag or "FLEX" magazine.

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2009, 02:44:26 PM »
 :-\

camelisator

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2009, 02:54:49 PM »
:-\

Boost, what's that thing at the bottom of your post?

Are you saying that crazy drug regiments has allowed certain people to get to a certain level they should've never gotten if more emphasis was put on mother nature?

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2009, 03:03:03 PM »
Boost, what's that thing at the bottom of your post?

Are you saying that crazy drug regiments has allowed certain people to get to a certain level they should've never gotten if more emphasis was put on mother nature?
I'm browsing some of the IronAge sites and just realising that those guys looked better than many of the bloated midgets we've got parading around nowadays, with bacne, moonface, gyno and all the other sides.

camelisator

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2009, 03:06:46 PM »
i am open about using steroids.

the fact that you are juicing and using other drugs and you lie about it, that doesnt make anyone who is honest about juicing an abuser.  that just means we are honest about it.

man, you must really fuckin hate yourself dude.

LoL, you're still barking up that tree? Not sure who you think I am but all I read is comment from a 20yo kid who seem to take huge amounts of drugs and has nothing to show for from what I've heard as well. Some guys on here claim they trained with you and could not believe how little progress you've made.. I think you owe us some picassas...

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2009, 03:24:39 PM »
The Mirage hotel was well known G4P hotspot throughout the 90's...

Let's say you would prefer to stay icognito while accomodating schmoe sausages in many ways, standing in paper bags is a good way to "blend in". A trick Tom Prince perfected in the 90's, at one point trips to Trader's Joe solely purpose was to aquire new bags. Of course this never made it in MuscleMag or "FLEX" magazine.

you mean they would place paper bags over their heads so as only their body would be revealed to schmoes and thier identity remained a mystery???  i dont mean to be a pest, im just trying to understand?

camelisator

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2009, 03:27:49 PM »
you mean they would place paper bags over their heads so as only their body would be revealed to schmoes and thier identity remained a mystery???  i dont mean to be a pest, im just trying to understand?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

If only... we wouldn't be having this conversation....

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2009, 03:33:53 PM »
this is where it should have stopped.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2009, 03:37:05 PM »
even larry got carried away got himself overbulked didn't like the way he looked even though he was a 2 time 2 time mr o.
F

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2009, 03:39:14 PM »
going from posing trunks to thongs.
Deep Tissue Massage

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2009, 03:43:44 PM »
there are many that feel that the downfall of modern bodybuilding began with the 1994 olympia contest.

that was the year the judges awarded bloated, injured mass the win over a much better quality (but smaller) physique..

the mass + bloated gut conqured all, no matter how good the package was.

a bad sign of things to come..
Flower Boy Ran Away

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2009, 03:44:34 PM »
There's this guy I know, let's call him Alex, who could bring respectability back to the sport. Straighter than an arrow, family man, immensely successful in all areas, friend to all minorities (except those dirty jews and a-raabs) AND all natural to boot. His side chest reminds me of Arnold. One show away from a pro card.

camelisator

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2009, 03:47:23 PM »
there are many that feel that the downfall of modern bodybuilding began with the 1994 olympia contest.

that was the year the judges awarded bloated, injured mass the win over a much better quality (but smaller) physique..

the mass + bloated gut conqured all, no matter how good the package was.

a bad sign of things to come..

You're obviously deluded by your love for brown musclemen... this thread has nothing to do with physiques but all to do with the perception the small fan base has of the "subculture". Now that the media isn't self contained in the magazines, as the internet made it irrelevant, the truth is out and not pleasant for everyone...