Author Topic: Which Mr. Olympia was more controversial: The '72 or '80?  (Read 5435 times)

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
Which Mr. Olympia was more controversial: The '72 or '80?
« on: May 26, 2009, 12:24:38 PM »
I'm going with the '80 Olympia because of all the hoopla that happened on stage AND off!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Which Mr. Olympia was more controversial: The '72 or '80?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 12:40:26 PM »
I'm going with the '80 Olympia because of all the hoopla that happened on stage AND off!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 12:47:25 PM »
Mr. O 2000 & 2002

Where a man pregnant with an alien baby won instead of the true deserver.

Don't forget 2001  ;)

Kevin Levrone

The plain truth is that I beat Ronnie last year [2000] and Jay Cutler beat Ronnie this year. You should not win the Mr. Olympia if your stomach is hanging out -- period. Last year, I patted Ronnie's stomach during the posedown to draw attention to the fact that he was bloated. That tactic obviously didn't work, and Ronnie beat me in the posedown to successfully defend his title for a third straight Mr. O triumph.

So now the show rolls around and Jay Cutler beats Ronnie in both prejudging rounds: symmetry and muscularity. Ronnie was spilling over with too much water during the muscularity round, and Cutler took it to him in many of the poses that Coleman usually dominates.

How can Cutler lose this contest if he wins in both symmetry and muscularity? How can Ronnie retain his title if his midsection is bloated and distended? Why should the fans get behind a champion who can't present an aesthetic image of what bodybuilding is supposed to be all about?

I'm talking about classical proportions, perfect symmetry and ideal conditioning. Based on that ideal, I should have won the Sandow in 2000, and Cutler should have taken it in 2001.

The fans deserve better than what they are getting. I'm already working hard to ensure that, in 2002, a true peoples' champ can strip the title away from Ronnie Coleman.

and he same nonsense in 2002  :-\

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 02:00:51 PM »
80 was more controversial. of course 07 was the worst judging decision in the history of the Olympia

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 02:57:32 PM »
GTFO... about aesthetics, thats what sore losers use, like shawn ray because they are small bitches... people dont buy mags and go to shows to see aesthetics, that is fucking homo.. thay go to see freaks.. ronnie is a freak, and jay nor anyone come close to looking like him..

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 03:00:16 PM »
80 was more controversial. of course 07 was the worst judging decision in the history of the Olympia

YES....Mr Olympia 2007....Dennis Wolf

body88

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 03:05:34 PM »
GTFO... about aesthetics, thats what sore losers use, like shawn ray because they are small bitches... people dont buy mags and go to shows to see aesthetics, that is fucking homo.. thay go to see freaks.. ronnie is a freak, and jay nor anyone come close to looking like him..

Thread over, "trix" has spoken, lol.     ::)

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 03:27:42 PM »
Ronnie; love or hate him.  Call him dumb, retarded and ignorant.  Bottom line, he has the Sandow's on his mantelpiece.  All this bitching and moaning by Levrone and Co. is immaterial.

Ronnie won because he was able to bring the biggest and most bloated drug-package available.

Ronnie won because he was anti-aesthetic, antisymmetry.  He was all mass, bloat and distortion.

Yes, Ronnie may well be remembered as the most-pregnant and the dumbest bodybuilder on the planet, but hey, he's got the Sandows on the shelf!

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 03:35:36 PM »
81. Without a doubt.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 06:38:24 PM »
I was talking about how Kevin got cheated, but yes, Jay did deserve to win 2001, also Flex believed he was better than Ronnie in 99.

Half of Ronnie's Sandows belong to other men, men who actually deserved it.

Same thing applied to at least 2 of Dorian's Sandows.

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 07:19:51 PM »
81. Without a doubt.

That Olympia was just ridiculous!  ::)

But do you think it was more so than the '80 Olympia?

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 07:24:14 PM »
That Olympia was just ridiculous!  ::)

But do you think it was more so than the '80 Olympia?

of course. At least with Arnold you have some people claiming he should have won (in certain poses, if u saw him in person, etc etc). But I havn't heard a person yet say Franco is the rightful winner of 81. With 81 the argument is who should have won instead of Franco (Padilla, platz..), not whether or not Franco should have won.

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 07:35:24 PM »
of course. At least with Arnold you have some people claiming he should have won (in certain poses, if u saw him in person, etc etc). But I havn't heard a person yet say Franco is the rightful winner of 81. With 81 the argument is who should have won instead of Franco (Padilla, platz..), not whether or not Franco should have won.

True. Good call.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 09:12:21 PM »
Don't forget 2001  ;)

Kevin Levrone

The plain truth is that I beat Ronnie last year [2000] and Jay Cutler beat Ronnie this year. You should not win the Mr. Olympia if your stomach is hanging out -- period. Last year, I patted Ronnie's stomach during the posedown to draw attention to the fact that he was bloated. That tactic obviously didn't work, and Ronnie beat me in the posedown to successfully defend his title for a third straight Mr. O triumph.

So now the show rolls around and Jay Cutler beats Ronnie in both prejudging rounds: symmetry and muscularity. Ronnie was spilling over with too much water during the muscularity round, and Cutler took it to him in many of the poses that Coleman usually dominates.

How can Cutler lose this contest if he wins in both symmetry and muscularity? How can Ronnie retain his title if his midsection is bloated and distended? Why should the fans get behind a champion who can't present an aesthetic image of what bodybuilding is supposed to be all about?

I'm talking about classical proportions, perfect symmetry and ideal conditioning. Based on that ideal, I should have won the Sandow in 2000, and Cutler should have taken it in 2001.

The fans deserve better than what they are getting. I'm already working hard to ensure that, in 2002, a true peoples' champ can strip the title away from Ronnie Coleman.

and he same nonsense in 2002  :-\

Kevin is such a sore loser:

he got crushed in 2000 and he knows it:
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2009, 09:13:13 PM »
Same thing applied to at least 2 of Dorian's Sandows.

like 94 for example

even Musclemag thought dorian stole the title - they coined the term `one armed bandit` to describe dorian that year in their `muscle go round`section of the mag.

they thought the womens contest in 94 was even more of a fix..and I dont blame them -Lendy Murry was literally atrophied that year and Laura Creavalle was perfect..
Flower Boy Ran Away

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2009, 09:27:46 PM »
like 94 for example

even Musclemag thought dorian stole the title - they coined the term `one armed bandit` to describe dorian that year in their `muscle go round`section of the mag.

they thought the womens contest in 94 was even more of a fix..and I dont blame them -Lendy Murry was literally atrophied that year and Laura Creavalle was perfect..
Give it a rest...
Until you are able to admit that your hero wasn't perfection in 2001 or 2002, any anti-Dorian argument you make is redundant.

alnassak

• Getbig IV
  • مـشـتـآق لـك مـوت يـآلـي طـول غـيـآبـك
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2009, 11:25:52 PM »
Kevin is such a sore loser:

he got crushed in 2000 and he knows it:

::)
Corvette Lover

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2009, 02:14:46 AM »
i gotta say, i went over that 80 olympia, in what i feel to be an objective manner due to that fact that i really didnt care who won...im not particularly an arnold fan.  first off, arnold definatly did not bring anything even resembling his best package that year, but that being said...no one there deserved to beat him.  there were guys there with better singuler body parts (coe, platz) and metzner might have been a little crisper...but still, no one, in my opinion was really close to him...even in his deteriorated state, arnold won because the muscles just sat on his body better, if you look at him compared to the rest of the competitors, notice the way his muscle hangs off his body...it was the most aesthetic, and pretty much the biggest.  even with the amount of water he was carrying...he still deserved it.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2009, 03:51:01 AM »
ive got to agree.... its just seem cool for people to knock him,,who would u say should have won... mentzer? fuck off.....

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2009, 03:54:08 AM »
I can't believe the Nasser fags haven't invaded this thread.  They sicken me.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2009, 04:09:02 AM »
In 71 Arnold really deserved to win, no contest!

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2009, 04:16:50 AM »
only ones a deserved are ones in which he was uncontested

Neptuno

• Getbig III
  • From HUELVA - SPAIN
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2009, 04:45:12 AM »
Without any doubt, 80 and 81 were two big jokes from the judges (or higuer....)
w

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2009, 04:46:42 AM »
In 71 Arnold really deserved to win, no contest!

Duh! No one competed against him.  :D

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2009, 04:48:12 AM »
Without any doubt, 80 and 81 were two big jokes from the judges (or higuer....)

If you're gonna compare those two years, the '81 Olympia takes the cake.  ::)