Author Topic: K.J. Noons Drops Manager, in Talks With Strikeforce  (Read 635 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
K.J. Noons Drops Manager, in Talks With Strikeforce
« on: May 26, 2009, 04:12:18 PM »
Zak Woods interviews Noons and gets the scoop:

WKR: Is Mark Dion still your manager?

K.J.: No, me and Mark had differences and have just got through with legal paperwork and he is not my manager as of couple days ago. We ended on good terms and I'm starting to move forword with my career.

WKR: Have you been in contact with Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker?

K.J.: Scott and I have been talking the past few days. I used to fight on Scott's fight cards in San Jose 10 years ago, so I've known him a long time.

WKR: Shifting gears, recently you said that you were coming back to MMA. Why the shift from MMA, to boxing, back to MMA?

K.J.: I never said I was giving up MMA, I just enjoy competing in both sports, I boxed since I was a kid and just love to box. I love MMA also, I just going back and forth.

WKR: Why did you turn down a title fight against Strikeforce lightweight champion Josh Thomson?

K.J.: I had already committed to some boxing fights. So when the boxing fights are over, that would be a very exciting fight I think because Josh is a good fighter.

Mark Dion is notorious as the manager that Brandon Vera had such a hard time with, although he won before the CSAC.

Noons would be an exciting addition to the Strikeforce lightweight ranks. I'd love to see him fight Gilbert Melendez for the interim belt.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: K.J. Noons Drops Manager, in Talks With Strikeforce
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 03:41:38 AM »
I'm pretty sure KJ lost his last boxing fight also,  hopefully things work out for him.  It's too bad he never got the Eddie Alvarez fight he wanted.