Author Topic: The Hulkster Really Did Have 24" Pythons!!!  (Read 6668 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
The Hulkster Really Did Have 24" Pythons!!!
« on: May 27, 2009, 07:25:53 AM »

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: The Hulkster Really Did Have 24" Pythons!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 10:46:31 AM »
In his hey day, hogan was HUGE.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 04:45:00 PM »
Wow! Cold and on the fly without a workout pump.

24" pythons BROTHER!!!!

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 04:47:45 PM »
Wow! Cold and on the fly without a workout pump.

24" pythons BROTHER!!!!

There is one segment i cant find where some heel tries to measure them and he flips out saying he hasn't worked out in a few weeks.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 06:11:50 PM »
The evidence is clear...

~

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 09:41:12 PM »

Wrestling stats are often exaggerated – particularly guys’ height and weight.
Hogan’s always struck me as believable, or at least pretty darn close.

I don’t think they had much room to fudge Hogan’s measurements being that he was so mainstream.
He made so many appearances and was around so many people all the time that if they billed him as 7’2” or something else obviously ridiculous people would see right through that.
Fortunately for Vince, they didn’t have to embellish, as Hogan’s legitimate stats were impressive enough.

Andre was a different story. The only big guys he was ever seen with in public were other wrestlers (a controlled environment). Most any other time he appeared with average sized people. Vince McMahon Sr. used to tell Andre to never let himself be seen with somebody as big or bigger than him. He HAS TO BE the “largest man” in the world.
In fact there was some basketball player in, I believe, Washington D.C. who was about an inch or two taller than Andre. He would always invite Andre for a publicity opp. when WWF was in town. Andre always declined.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 01:24:17 AM »
Wrestling stats are often exaggerated – particularly guys’ height and weight.
Hogan’s always struck me as believable, or at least pretty darn close.

I don’t think they had much room to fudge Hogan’s measurements being that he was so mainstream.
He made so many appearances and was around so many people all the time that if they billed him as 7’2” or something else obviously ridiculous people would see right through that.
Fortunately for Vince, they didn’t have to embellish, as Hogan’s legitimate stats were impressive enough.

Andre was a different story. The only big guys he was ever seen with in public were other wrestlers (a controlled environment). Most any other time he appeared with average sized people. Vince McMahon Sr. used to tell Andre to never let himself be seen with somebody as big or bigger than him. He HAS TO BE the “largest man” in the world.

In fact there was some basketball player in, I believe, Washington D.C. who was about an inch or two taller than Andre. He would always invite Andre for a publicity opp. when WWF was in town. Andre always declined.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think you are referring to Manute Bol. 
~

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 04:25:58 AM »
The evidence is clear...

Too bad thats not Hogan

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 06:16:59 AM »
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think you are referring to Manute Bol

YEAH, that's him!
I humbly bow to your geek-like ability of recall. :)

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 12:42:45 PM »
Too bad thats not Hogan

Sure it is...Randy Hogan.  It was a "satire" article in one of the wrestling magazines featuring Randy...who was a WCW satire of the Hulkster (late 80s)
~

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 04:31:37 PM »
Hulkster is a life long weightlifter. I've seen many autographed pics of him training on gym walls all over the World. The guy took it serious. Probably out of anyone ever. I'd love to see a heyday Hogan training video set up like Blood and Guts. Hulkster trained hard. He talked about it all the time. A 309 lb Hulkster in his prime. That would have been a sick training video! No cardio. No abs. He just lifted heavy weights.

No way Hogan ever touched 309 lbs as a wrestler in his prime. 280lbs. tops....

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 04:26:34 AM »
No way Hogan ever touched 309 lbs as a wrestler in his prime. 280lbs. tops....
When your 6'7" tall in your prime and on gas 309 is not impossible. Don't for get, bbdr's are only 5'6-5'10 in height. Other than Gunter who was tall?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2009, 06:24:21 AM »
Plus Hulk was a thick and solid kid from the time he was very young – tall with big bone structure. He mentioned in an interview that one time a little girl ridiculed the unusually large size of his head.*
And as Playboy said, add some decent “ingredients” to the equation and 302 (what I remember) is not unimaginable.

*My cousin’s son is exactly like that. He’s got a legitimate 30-40 lbs. on most of his classmates. He’s tall with tree trunk limbs. The little b@stard’s even barrel-chested…at 10! ;D
And the kid loves sports, and he’s very good at several of them – very athletic. Sometimes it’s like watching an old Mr. Perfect vignette. I can almost hear Curt’s music playing in the background.

Maybe he should get into pro wrestling.
Surely, Vince will have a handle on things by then.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2009, 12:33:00 PM »
24" or not. No matter how Big they were Hogan slammed them. I would have loved to see him slam Kane, Khali, and Mark Henry. It was all worth it getting counted out at Survivor Series when he slammed the Gang and Bundy. I saw him first row in MSG slam Earthquake through a table outside of the ring. The place was going crazy!
You were there for that event?? Summerslam when he slammed earthquake through a table? Thats awesome! I think Rick Rude fought Warrior in a cage for the World Title at the same event too.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 02:23:16 PM »

I don't think Andre's height/weight was exxagerrated that much if at all.

I saw him wrestle many times (in Hamilton ontario and toronto ontario in 88/89) and he was enormous in person - even compared to other big wrestlers..

he made Ultimate Warrior look like a small kid (saw him face warrior in a cage match- it was cool)

Flower Boy Ran Away

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2009, 04:23:21 AM »
I don't think Andre's height/weight was exxagerrated that much if at all.

I saw him wrestle many times (in Hamilton ontario and toronto ontario in 88/89) and he was enormous in person - even compared to other big wrestlers..

he made Ultimate Warrior look like a small kid (saw him face warrior in a cage match- it was cool)

It wasn't. He was a legit 7'5" in height at 525lbs. I saw him wrestle here in Toronto at the old Maple Leaf Gardens against King Kong Bundy in a steel cage back in 1985 and for autograph signings and he was HUGE. His fingers alone are like bananas and he was a really nice person too. Very quiet and humble. He litterally dwarfed everyone around him.

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2009, 08:25:38 AM »
And honestly when your that tall your NOT going to look extremely thick even at 309, Your gonna look thick non the less but not THICK like someone at 5'9-6'3 or somebody like that. I believe he atleast came VERY close to that weight if not possibly going above at times.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2009, 12:57:08 PM »
I don't think 300lbs is out of the question for Hulk, especially given the fact of his height plus at times he did not have top notch conditioning, but was just really thick.

They showed scenes of him working out on Hogan knows best; Bubba the Love Sponge worked out with him all the time a few years ago. He'll probably continue to lift until around the time he dies.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2009, 01:14:06 PM »
I don't think 300lbs is out of the question for Hulk, especially given the fact of his height plus at times he did not have top notch conditioning, but was just really thick.

They showed scenes of him working out on Hogan knows best; Bubba the Love Sponge worked out with him all the time a few years ago. He'll probably continue to lift until around the time he dies.

I definitely believe Hogan was 300+ lbs.

Because the guy was never in shredded condition.

He always looked to be around 15-20%, high teens or low 20's.

Never seen abs on Hulkster.

So just do the math on that.

If you got a bodybuilder in contest condition, that's around 5%. And the best comparison I can come up with is Ralf Möller from Germany. He is 6'6'' and competed around 275 lbs according to musclememory.

So add 15 % of bodyweight to that (lbs) and you got 316 lbs.

That may be oversimplifying it.

But my point is that it's reasonable that Hogan walked around at that weight, given his height.
As empty as paradise

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2009, 06:04:47 PM »
I met Hulk at Tampa airport in 1990.

he was MASSIVe

of course, I was 12 at the time :)
Flower Boy Ran Away