Author Topic: LARGEST STEROID BUST IN TEXAS  (Read 3536 times)

shrek

• Getbig IV
LARGEST STEROID BUST IN TEXAS
« on: May 27, 2009, 05:09:13 PM »
today they showed on 6:00 news of a roid bust in dallas and its the biggest ever in texas..... i know alot of guys that were getting their gear from a dude in dallas and even cops and fire dept. dudes were buying i am sure there will be a bunch of heads rolling

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
Re: LARGEST STEROID BUST IN TEXAS
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 10:09:42 PM »
i live like 45mins from dallas   :o

Mega Man

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 11:38:24 PM »
Hmmm....mabey they are carrying out the next "Operation Raw Deal" cause this just happened in florida too....check this out

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/may/28/280033/na-its-a-case-on-steroids/

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/may/28/280033/na-its-a-case-on-steroids/

LAKELAND - Richard "Andy" Thomas is behind bars, but the investigations into the allegations made by the accused Polk County steroid dealer are just beginning.

When Thomas and his wife, Sandra, were arrested Tuesday on a variety of steroid-related charges, Richard Thomas was far from silent. He told investigators he bought illegal steroids from across the globe and that he sold them to professional athletes across the country. He didn't name names, but he said his clients included those on the Washington Capitals hockey team and Washington Nationals baseball team.

Investigators say they don't know whether Richard Thomas is telling the truth or exaggerating for attention. They say he wasn't lying about being the largest steroids dealer in Central Florida; authorities seized an estimated $200,000 in steroids from the couple's Lakeland home.

The U.S. attorney's office has confirmed it is reviewing the case against the Thomases but won't comment further.

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said that so far, Richard Thomas is long on braggadocio but short on specifics.

"He said, 'You pick the sport, and I've sold it,'" Judd said. "He did not couch that in any specific terms about this player or that player. That's still under investigation."

Allegations won't be ignored

The allegations of yet another steroid scandal in the world of professional sports already is drawing media attention, and the teams specifically named by Richard Thomas took pains Wednesday to announce that they will not ignore his accusations.

"We support Major League Baseball's testing program. I think it's good, it's working. And if there's any truth to it, it will come out," Nationals manager Manny Acta said before his team played the Mets in New York. "Every one of these kids in front of me behave the proper way, so you know, we'll see."

Nationals player Ryan Zimmerman is confident he and his teammates have nothing to worry about. The Nationals roster has an average age of 28, and many players began their careers after minor league testing started in 2001.

"There was a problem before and there's no getting around that, there's no forgetting about that," Zimmerman said. "I think we can assure people with the amount of people that have been caught, and big name people that have been caught the past year or two, MLB have done their job and they're doing their best to keep it out of the sport."

A spokesman for Major League Baseball, which has been randomly testing for steroids since 2004, said the organization is looking into the matter, and the National Hockey League also said it will conduct an investigation.

"Even though there are no specifics provided in the story and we have no reason, at this point, to believe the allegations are true, the National Hockey League takes all matters of this nature very seriously and will conduct a prompt investigation," NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said in a statement.

Dick Patrick, Washington Capitals president, said his team has no reason to believe Thomas' allegations have merit.

"Capitals players have fully participated in the NHL's random drug testing program, and at no point has a Capitals player tested positive," Patrick said in a statement. "We welcome and will fully cooperate with the NHL's investigation."

The Thomases will have their first appearance in court at 1 p.m. today.

This isn't Richard Thomas' first drug arrest. In 2005, he was arrested by Lakeland police on drug delivering and distribution charges. The state attorney's office later decided not to charge him with possession of testosterone.

Co-owner: Gym isn't involved

Richard Thomas was a member and regular customer of Gold's Gym on South Florida Avenue in Lakeland.

Kathy Neel, the gym's co-owner, said Thomas re-enrolled at the gym April 17, and that while Thomas claimed to be a personal trainer, he did not work at Gold's.

Steroids are generally an underground business, and if Thomas was selling steroids, he was probably doing it from a location besides the gym, Neel said.

"I'm afraid with all this news coming out, the perception will be that you can go to a gym and buy steroids, and absolutely you couldn't do that," Neel said. "I don't think you could even do it if you tried."

Ivan L. Ortiz-Delgado, spokesman for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, confirmed Wednesday that his agency took a case against the Thomases to the U.S. Attorney's Office. He said ICE is investigating the case. He gave no further comment.

Information from Tribune archives was used in this report. News Channel 8 reporters Chip Osowski and Sam Sodos contributed to this report.

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 05:47:22 PM »
that sux i hate hearing about roid busts and how the media blows it out of proportion...they need to worry less about juice and more about the drugs that are killing people...heroin,coke,tabs, meth etc. The govt. has to prioritize their emphasis on drugs a little better >:(

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 05:54:03 PM »
that sux i hate hearing about roid busts and how the media blows it out of proportion...they need to worry less about juice and more about the drugs that are killing people...heroin,coke,tabs, meth etc. The govt. has to prioritize their emphasis on drugs a little better >:(

Yes agree.  I hate hearing about marijuana busts too  :'(

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 08:30:36 PM »
Yes agree.  I hate hearing about marijuana busts too  :'(

me as well my friend :D

1-503rd_IN

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 09:59:50 PM »
I think if they decriminalized pot (I don't smoke it btw) and unscheduled steroids or what they call "Bodybuilding drugs" it would free up a lot of law enforcement to focus on herion, meth and coke............those 3 drugs are horrible, they need to stop that before they worry about people injecting themselves with hormones that don't get you high
First Rock

davinci

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 10:29:28 PM »
yup it was in houston last week to. this is gettin so stupid, good thing for overseas i guess........ just hate shipping costs, something needs to b done about this, talkin about how they busted a bunch of bodybuilders and personal trainers... come on keep the streets clean of something other than people gettin extremely fit, yet i can still legaly buy salvia and get blitzed out of my mind and hallucinate? wtf...

davinci

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 10:31:52 PM »
this is also the reason i do not like buying from the streets, i like having couple sources online and buy very small amounts from each one.....i never stockpile huge amounts... man this is dumb my tax money hard at work, yet the economy is still crap....

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 12:07:09 PM »
damn i hadnt heard bout H town damn this is stupid the are even cracking down on high school sports and testing them all over the state

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 06:16:39 PM »
I think if they decriminalized pot (I don't smoke it btw) and unscheduled steroids or what they call "Bodybuilding drugs" it would free up a lot of law enforcement to focus on herion, meth and coke............those 3 drugs are horrible, they need to stop that before they worry about people injecting themselves with hormones that don't get you high

The problem is those drugs will never stop coming into the country until everyone here stops wanting to them.  Drug prohibition is not the answer.  As much as I agree about them being some of the worst drugs to get mixed up with, more law enforcement isn't going to do shit.

Drugs make too much money for the government, without them thousands and thousands of jobs would be lost.

Mega Man

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 09:11:21 PM »
The problem is those drugs will never stop coming into the country until everyone here stops wanting to them.  Drug prohibition is not the answer.  As much as I agree about them being some of the worst drugs to get mixed up with, more law enforcement isn't going to do shit.

Drugs make too much money for the government, without them thousands and thousands of jobs would be lost.

If pot was legalized....it would create 10x as many jobs and small businesses....from cultivating the  weed, marajuanna bars like amsterdam, ect....the possibilities are endless. Not to mention the taxes.....thats why the terminator is going to legalize pot in Cali in a year when they first propose the bill.....right now the polls are saying more californians are for legalizing it than againast.......guess where Im moving in a couple years ;D

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 04:38:25 AM »
Yep the thing about weed though even though it is illegal, it is in most places almost tolerated.  Just don't get caught with a bunch of it or in your car driving and you can pretty much do your own thing with it as long as you are discrete and don't possess LB's of it.  We will get there one day when pot is legal.

Gear will never be legal, we can hope maybe one day they lower the classification of juice to more the way they look at pot now.  The UK treats them that way.