Author Topic: Some interesting fact I learned about squatting  (Read 2143 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Some interesting fact I learned about squatting
« on: May 28, 2009, 09:33:59 AM »
Right of the bat - I don't like squatting - I know its neccesary to give us normal and 100% natural BB the illusion that we are
living the hard unforgiving BB dream but I be honest here - I fucking hate squats.

Until today that is - and I'm looking for an answer here folks...

4-5 Month ago I had a horrible injury on my wrist - couldn't move the damn thing and was in pain.
Of course (and I am not embaressed to say so) the first thing after a resting period that I dropped from the Training list were squats.
So I haven't really squated since 4 month ago - not that i was every very strong on squats anyways, my max was 6 20kg plates but I be honest here too - with assistance/spotter.

So today I decided enough is enough you've got to train legs - So first exercise face your demons straight to the squat rack.
Did a couple of tests with only the bar - feelt good - and continued to put weight on, until i was at 100kg - which to my amazment were easy.

Now what could have happend in the 4 -5 month i didn't squat?
First i gained some weight - maybe 5-7 kilos could the extra weight I carry on the belly and hipps make this easier?
Second I love to deadlift - and since you use your legs at deadlift as well could that be the reason?

Let me know I'm actually quite interested and suprised by that.

Boost

• Getbig V
Re: Some interesting fact I learned about squatting
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 09:37:00 AM »
Bodyweight squats until you can barely walk,

fully pumped and thighs on fire

follow this with a disgusting amount of carbs

repeat every other day

gotta keep stretching that muscle

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 09:39:20 AM »

repeat every other day

cheers for the info chief but you haven't really answered my question haven't you?

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 09:40:23 AM »
cheers for the info chief but you haven't really answered my question haven't you?
???

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 09:48:33 AM »
Right of the bat - I don't like squatting - I know its neccesary to give us normal and 100% natural BB the illusion that we are
living the hard unforgiving BB dream but I be honest here - I fucking hate squats.

4-5 Month ago I had a horrible injury on my wrist - couldn't move the damn thing and was in pain.
Of course (and I am not embaressed to say so) the first thing after a resting period that I dropped from the Training list were squats.
So I haven't really squated since 4 month ago - not that i was every very strong on squats anyways, my max was 6 20kg plates but I be honest here too - with assistance/spotter.

So today I decided enough is enough you've got to train legs - So first exercise face your demons straight to the squat rack.
Did a couple of tests with only the bar - feelt good - and continued to put weight on, until i was at 100kg - which to my amazment were easy.

First i gained some weight - maybe 5-7 kilos could the extra weight I carry on the belly and hipps make this easier?
Second I love to deadlift - and since you use your legs at deadlift as well could that be the reason?

so whats you're question stupid because you dead lift you should be OK when you squat ..... if you hate it so much there are so many things you can do besides squats and still grow so do what you like period Mr Olympia isn't around the corner for you..
p

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 09:51:52 AM »

repeat every other day

Why do i throw up every single time i do legs.. like seriously, every wednesday i throw up

Here is my workout
Squats 315*12 365*10 405*10 450*whatever i got left
Leg press 700 4*10
lunges..4x 20 yards with 135lbs
Calf raises 4*20

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 09:59:15 AM »
Congratulations on a very popular thread

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 10:00:56 AM »
Why do i throw up every single time i do legs.. like seriously, every wednesday i throw up

Here is my workout
Squats 315*12 365*10 405*10 450*whatever i got left
Leg press 700 4*10
lunges..4x 20 yards with 135lbs
Calf raises 4*20
Not bad if that is to parellel.
I am a big baby

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 10:03:10 AM »
Not bad if that is to parellel.

yeah it is..if i stop before i go low, my knees hurt...but why to i hurl.. i asked professors...every single one gave me a different answer. MEdicine= not exact science

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 10:06:27 AM »
yeah it is..if i stop before i go low, my knees hurt...but why to i hurl.. i asked professors...every single one gave me a different answer. MEdicine= not exact science
you've probably got too much food in your stomach

or

you're not breathing properly/deep enough

this is very important with those 12 rep set's of squats you're doing

Have a big meal 3 hours before the workout. If you eat something 30 minutes before squatting, your just asking for it to come back up.

cauthon

• Getbig II
  • Craig Killed for you Bitches
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 10:07:02 AM »

First answer: It is not called a squat gut for nothing. Fuck ya gaining weight makes squating easier.

Second answer: more dealifting = stronger posterior chain = bigger squat.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 10:08:50 AM »
No shi t one day at this small gym i go up here in the country, the old guy in there (60yr old, used to compete when I did teen) always does ass2grass squats BUT on smith and does this weird position with his back

well he had 315 on smith, when for 8 but squeezed out 12 screamin and all that jazz, well when it was time to do leg curls he had what we thoought was a paint stain but it all ass/blood combo

apparently, according to him, his asshole ( I think it prolapse but that might just be what danielson jacks it to) fell out and he pushed it back in, but then came to do legs?

gotta get under free weight bar...he has done those since I wsas 19 i;m 26 now, his fckin asshole falls out when he goes above 225 now for reps...christ on a cracker

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 10:12:46 AM »

erghhh... Awful

That's why squatting heavy is dangerous.

When you're not breathing properly, the pressure placed on your bowels/intestines is immense.

I'm not risking going heavy on legs ever.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 10:25:38 AM »
I never squat and look at me...I'm HUUUUGE!!!   :o

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 10:26:20 AM »
I never squat and look at me...I'm HUUUUGE!!!   :o

You=good genetics 8)
I hate the State.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 10:36:53 AM »
Not clear what the question is but if it's about having retained strength months later some areas keep it better than others depending on the person, plus legs in general often do because they're used every day. The extra weight helps as does the layoff in terms of freshness and elimination of pain.

Anyone who can squat and doesn't isn't a BB, learn to like it if not love it.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2009, 10:41:47 AM »
you've probably got too much food in your stomach

or

you're not breathing properly/deep enough

this is very important with those 12 rep set's of squats you're doing

Have a big meal 3 hours before the workout. If you eat something 30 minutes before squatting, your just asking for it to come back up.

I eat beans rice and chicken before i lift about 1 hour...but i do that with every body part and im good except for legs...but maybe ill do it about 2 hours before...then ill be hella tired...lol

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2009, 10:43:22 AM »
Way down this road, in a gym far away, A young man was once heard to say, "I've repped high and I've repped low, No matter what I do, my legs won't grow" He tried leg extensions, leg curls, and leg presses too Trying to cheat, these sissy workouts he'd do. From the corner of the gym where the BIG men train, Through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain Where the big iron rides high and threatens lives, Where the noise is made with big forty-fives, A deep voice bellowed as he wrapped his knees, A very big man with legs like trees. Laughing as he snatched another plate from the stack Chalking his hands and monstrous back, said, "Boy, stop lying and don't say you've forgotten, The trouble with you is you ain't been SQUATTIN'."

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2009, 10:45:17 AM »

Stark, du bist stark.
I hate the State.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2009, 10:45:30 AM »
I eat beans rice and chicken before i lift about 1 hour...but i do that with every body part and im good except for legs...but maybe ill do it about 2 hours before...then ill be hella tired...lol

I never had any problems with nausea until recently. It usually comes right after I've done legpresses and I'm doing extensions. I try to eat very little a couple of hours prior to the workout and just take some sort of dextrose during the workout.
from incomplete data

The Apprentice

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2009, 11:08:14 AM »
going all the way down is easier on the knees than stopping at parallel

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2009, 11:12:05 AM »
going all the way down is easier on the knees than stopping at parallel

Nope, it depends on the person. After years of squatting and great results i say the opposite.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2009, 11:14:14 AM »
Nope, it depends on the person. After years of squatting and great results i say the opposite.

for real...hell naw for me.. if i dont go all the way down.. my shit hurts if i cheat

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2009, 01:01:26 PM »
First answer: It is not called a squat gut for nothing. Fuck ya gaining weight makes squating easier.

Second answer: more dealifting = stronger posterior chain = bigger squat.

thanks man

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2009, 01:02:22 PM »