Author Topic: President discovers an American intelligence agency at Five Guys  (Read 2589 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Good job Barry.... ::)

On his trip to get a burger with Brian Williams at Five Guys this afternoon, the President appears to have learned of the existence of a Defense Department intelligence arm, the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency, from an agency employee also at the burger restaurant.

"So explain to me exactly what this National Geospatial..." Obama said, after the worker mentioned his employer, according to a video of the event.

"We work with, uh, satellite imagery," the worker, Walter replied.

A POLITICO reader, BV, caught the exchange, which starts around 5:45 on this C-SPAN video.

The transcript:

Obama: What do you do Walter?
Walter: I work at, uh, NGA, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
Obama: Outstanding, how long you been doing that?
Walter: About six years
Obama: Yea?
Walter: Yes.
Obama: You like it?
Walter: I do, keeps me...
Obama: So explain to me exactly what this National Geospatial...uh...
Walter: Uh, we work with, uh, satellite imagery..
Obama: Right
Walter: [unintelligible] ...support systems, so...
Obama: Sounds like good work.
Walter: Enjoy the weekend.
Obama: Appreciate it.

According to the Defense Department:

The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) is a Department of Defense combat support agency and a member of the national Intelligence Community (IC). NGA develops imagery and map-based intelligence solutions for U.S. national defense, homeland security and safety of navigation.

NGA provides timely, relevant and accurate geospatial intelligence in support of national security objectives. The term "geospatial intelligence" means the exploitation and analysis of imagery and geospatial information to describe, assess and visually depict physical features and geographically referenced activities on the Earth. Geospatial intelligence consists of imagery, imagery intelligence and geospatial (e.g., mapping, charting and geodesy) information.

Guess they're not getting much airtime in the President's Daily Brief
L

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: President discovers an American intelligence agency at Five Guys
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 04:45:07 PM »
You expect differently?

There's a fucking million stupid agencies in the Government.

There's no way you can keep up with them... Did you know that most people didn't know about this?

Including most congressmen?

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 05:00:40 PM »
i can't fault him too much on this.  there are a ton of agencies, sub-agencies, contractors etc.  The acronyms are in abundance.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 05:05:50 PM »
can't say I care about this one lol...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 05:24:03 PM »
government=way too big
I hate the State.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 05:30:06 PM »
Yes he should know.  I wouldn't expect the average person on the street to know, but the average person on the street doesn't have access to nuclear weapons. 

But what the hey.  This is all on-the-job training.   :-\

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 06:09:30 PM »
You expect differently?

There's a fucking million stupid agencies in the Government.

There's no way you can keep up with them... Did you know that most people didn't know about this?

Including most congressmen?

CONGRESS does not know what color underwear they are wearing...
C

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 06:30:17 PM »
For my 1,000th post= Obama doesn't know about what intelligence agencies exist in his own government and thats ok.

But, Sarah Palin not knowing what the "Bush Doctrine" is= She's an idiot.

::)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 08:35:14 PM »
He's the friggen President.
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 08:48:35 PM »
just curious

has anyone here ever heard of it before

I haven't

I'd rather have Obama working on the massive bag of flaming dog crap that was handed to him rather than have him sitting in the White House memorizing the office directory

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 08:54:52 PM »
This is relevant "news" as much as what brand of socks Obama is wearing.  Only a moron would think this was any kind of "issue" at all.

Keep trying.  Perhaps one day you can come up with something that actually has substance behind it.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 08:57:08 PM »
just curious

has anyone here ever heard of it before

I haven't

I'd rather have Obama working on the massive bag of flaming dog crap that was handed to him rather than have him sitting in the White House memorizing the office directory

This guy is the President...he gets briefed by these guys. Barry doesn't care because its about hope and change and wasting tax payers dollars...and Yeah I've heard of em.
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2009, 09:03:02 PM »

This guy is the President...he gets briefed by these guys. Barry doesn't care because its about hope and change and wasting tax payers dollars...and Yeah I've heard of em.

you have knowledge that Obama has been briefed by National Geospatial Intelligence Agency?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2009, 09:08:54 PM »
Yeah..Barry gets briefed every morning. In that brief is stuff from all our intel agencies. If a SAT took a picture of it, thats the guys who deal with it and send it up. One of  my bosses at Leavenworth was the military head of the agency in the late 90's early 2000's. Its usually an Engineer Senior COL. No big mystery, unless ur Barry the Jackass.
L

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2009, 09:10:41 PM »
Yeah..Barry gets briefed every morning. In that brief is stuff from all our intel agencies. If a SAT took a picture of it, thats the guys who deal with it and send it up. One of  my bosses at Leavenworth was the military head of the agency in the late 90's early 2000's. Its usually an Engineer Senior COL. No big mystery, unless ur Barry the Jackass.

are you sure they dont report to higher ups in u.s. intel?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 09:11:44 PM »

You are really out there man... He sees photos, gets briefed on situations, not on who analyzed it or what agency took the photo.

That's ridiculous logic.

I work in a fortune 50 company and I'm involved in pretty much every aspect of the operation due to my job function and I'm still learning different departments I didn't know existed... I've been here for 2 and 1/2 years.

You are looking like a fool by going down this course.

Are you saying you know what the President of the United States' security briefing looks like?

You've got THAT clearance? Really?

If you say so.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 09:20:56 PM »
Um....HES THE FUCKING PRESIDENT......I would hope he knows who the hell provides his Intel...and yeah since my Boss had a pic with both Clinton and Bush..I imagine the President should have heard of it..just not this president. I imagine because defending this country comes second to making sure Black Panther's get off and more hope and change BS while the country tanks. Besides isn't he supposedf to be the greatest Barry Obama ever..the most smartest super Lib in the history of most smartest super smart super libs....Oh and it goes without saying that if this was Bush...U lib douchbags would be flipping out, being as this agency is only one of 16 Intel agencies and we're in two wars with major problems in Korea as well. No big deal....good job Barry
L

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 09:24:54 PM »
Barry should just print some more money to get out of this one, its working so far.  Right?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 09:25:49 PM »
Um....HES THE FUCKING PRESIDENT......I would hope he knows who the hell provides his Intel...and yeah since my Boss had a pic with both Clinton and Bush..I imagine the President should have heard of it..just not this president. I imagine because defending this country comes second to making sure Black Panther's get off and more hope and change BS while the country tanks. Besides isn't he supposedf to be the greatest Barry Obama ever..the most smartest super Lib in the history of most smartest super smart super libs....Oh and it goes without saying that if this was Bush...U lib douchbags would be flipping out, being as this agency is only one of 16 Intel agencies and we're in two wars with major problems in Korea as well. No big deal....good job Barry

So you ARE saying that you know what the President's brief looks like right?

You have that knowledge?

I just want to make sure I understand what you're saying.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009, 09:26:18 PM »
For my 1,000th post= Obama doesn't know about what intelligence agencies exist in his own government and thats ok.

::)
dude, that was a major topic.  I'm lost at how anyone missed that unless they're someone who didn't give a shit about anything political at the time.  For anyone who was politically involved, that was a bit hard to miss... You would have had to been in a coma to miss that transistion in policy.  Palin was someone who was supposed to be politically involved at the time.  I think that's worse than not knowing about a few people who interpret sat pics.  This is apples and oranges "bigtime"...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2009, 09:29:08 PM »
Do you think Bush had more of a clue 5 months into his presidency than Obama?  Just curious :)

lib lib lib lib lib, you're starting to sound like a dittohead lol...

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2009, 06:46:54 AM »
dude, that was a major topic.  I'm lost at how anyone missed that unless they're someone who didn't give a shit about anything political at the time.  For anyone who was politically involved, that was a bit hard to miss... You would have had to been in a coma to miss that transistion in policy.  Palin was someone who was supposed to be politically involved at the time.  I think that's worse than not knowing about a few people who interpret sat pics.  This is apples and oranges "bigtime"...

Hugo, with all due respect you are 1000% wrong on this. I know about politics and follow politics, and until that interview I had never heard of the term "Bush Doctrine". In fact, there was no specific definition and the question was stupid. Can you define what it is? ( Without doing a google search and rounding up some subjective meaning concocted by a journalist or political commentator) If you asked 50 people, you would get 50 answers. I find it a lot more distressing that the commander and chief doesn't even recognize the existance of an intelligence agency that briefs him every morning. Sorry- thats just me.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2009, 10:10:59 AM »
BUSH was the president and didn't know about the non-existence of WMD's in Iaq.

I mean really guys. So the fuck what if Obama didn't know the exacts of some obscure Government agency.  That's why he has an administration. 

What are you gonna do next challenge him to know every name of every senior staffer in congress because he's president?   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2009, 10:16:27 AM »

right on brother

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2009, 10:26:33 AM »
BUSH was the president and didn't know about the non-existence of WMD's in Iaq.

I mean really guys. So the fuck what if Obama didn't know the exacts of some obscure Government agency.  That's why he has an administration. 

What are you gonna do next challenge him to know every name of every senior staffer in congress because he's president?   

Considering these are the guys who are giving him the Intel on nKorea right now...I'd think he should know. This isn't two dudes looking at CCTV...these guys run our sat intel....
L