Author Topic: Abortion doctor shot to death in church.  (Read 42021 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Abortion doctor shot to death in church.
« Reply #150 on: June 02, 2009, 02:55:39 PM »
good job loco, i see that the task set forth before me last night was completed while i was gone...always very nice  :)

;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: June 02, 2009, 02:57:01 PM »
So how do you feel about the US invasion of Iraq?
and what laws did bush break with the us invasion of iraq?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: June 02, 2009, 02:59:38 PM »
Therein is the thing... If a guy doesn't have to pay child support, abortions will increase. Guaranteed.

I don't think it will be overturned... It's like women having the right to vote, or black people not having to ride in the back of the bus... As society sees these things as more of a "the way things are", I just don't think the shift will move back.

I mean, anything can always happen of course, but currently, society is moving towards being more OK with abortion than against it.

I definitly see the arguement for that but there is also the theory that the women will know that they will recieve no child support what so ever and be a little more cautious with birth control. In my opinion this would take a while to see but i think after a period of time the number of abortions might actually curtail off...

Actually i think society is moving towards being less ok with abortion if im not mistaken i believe i saw a poll not to long ago ill see if i can dig it up.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: June 02, 2009, 03:02:58 PM »
http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2009/05/is-public-opinion-changing-on-abortion.html

here you go holmes its pretty clear that the trend is turning toward more pro life then pro choice...

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #154 on: June 02, 2009, 03:04:42 PM »
Not in the least did he. Shame you guys don't understand what I'm saying... I suppose you never will.

Hey, this is what you asked for, and that is what you got:

I haven't seen any... Have you? Please post some if you have and educate me... I'm saying that I have not been privy to any cases where violence was brought upon a religious group simply because that group was religous and the violent people didn't believe in religion.

Have you heard of that?

In the end, atheists like the ones mentioned on this thread have killed millions more in the name of secular ideologies than religious people have killed in the name of their religion.  It's a historical fact.  I know, it's hard for anti-religion people to accept this.

By the way, here is another one.  Jeffrey Dahmer pretty much says that it was his Godless upbringing that made him a serial killer.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #155 on: June 02, 2009, 03:11:41 PM »
Hey, this is what you asked for, and that is what you got:

In the end, atheists like the ones mentioned on this thread have killed millions more in the name of secular ideologies than religious people have killed in the name of their religion.  It's a historical fact.  I know, it's hard for anti-religion people to accept this.

By the way, here is another one.  Jeffrey Dahmer pretty much says that it was his Godless upbringing that made him a serial killer.

Actually, I had previously placed an exception around Hitler and Stalin, which you didn't notice.

Let's say we go with your premise... So you're saying you found like 4 people who did it because of Godlessness... How many have done it FOR religion?

Your exceptions are proving the rule.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: June 02, 2009, 03:18:54 PM »
Actually, I had previously placed an exception around Hitler and Stalin, which you didn't notice.

Let's say we go with your premise... So you're saying you found like 4 people who did it because of Godlessness... How many have done it FOR religion?

Your exceptions are proving the rule.
honestly holmes it seems that loco has given you everything you have asked for even though each time he does you come up with one new requirement after another...hitler and stalin do fit the mold so does the finnish boy...your assertion was that you hadnt heard of any atheist that attack religious ppl to push atheism...loco has proven you wrong.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #157 on: June 02, 2009, 03:24:10 PM »
honestly holmes it seems that loco has given you everything you have asked for even though each time he does you come up with one new requirement after another...hitler and stalin do fit the mold so does the finnish boy...your assertion was that you hadnt heard of any atheist that attack religious ppl to push atheism...loco has proven you wrong.

You're right... He's shown me one. This Finnish guy... None of the others are pushing Atheism. They're pushing their own monotheism. That's not the same thing.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: June 02, 2009, 03:30:57 PM »
You're right... He's shown me one. This Finnish guy... None of the others are pushing Atheism. They're pushing their own monotheism. That's not the same thing.

thats simply your opinion as loco has shown there are ppl who beliefs are opposite of yours...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #159 on: June 02, 2009, 03:41:27 PM »
I think this commentary is several years old. 

Atheism Has Fueled Greatest Mass Murders In World History

By Rev. Louis P. Sheldon
Chairman, Traditional Values Coalition

As we approach Christmas, the one day a year that we set aside to celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ, we are hearing noises among intellectuals and rock stars about the “dangers” of Christianity to world peace and cultural tolerance.

The most recent attack on organized religion came from homosexual rock star Sir Elton John, who thinks that organized religion—specifically Christianity—turns people into “hateful lemmings.” According to John, “I think religion has always tried to turn hatred towards gay people. Religion promotes the hatred and spite against gays.” His solution: “ban religion completely, even though there are some wonderful things about it.”

Atheist Richard Dawkins, writing in his new book, “The God Delusion,” claims that many of the world’s conflicts around the world are due to the murderous religious impulses. Columnist Robert Kuttner claims that “The Crusades slaughtered millions in the name of Jesus. The Inquisition brought the torture and murder of millions more. After Martin Luther, Christians did bloody battle with other Christians for another three centuries.”

Dinesh D’Souza, a Fellow at the Hoover Institution recently pointed out the glaring errors in such statements in the Christian Science Monitor.  He noted, for example, that the Spanish Inquisition sentenced to death approximately 10,000 individuals. Some historians claim another 100,000 died in jail.

One of liberalism’s favorite anti-Christian boogeyman is the Salem witch trials. How many actually died as a result of those trials: fewer than 25.

And what of the Crusades? Most Americans probably have a negative view of the Crusades as an attempt by Christians to conquer peaceful Muslims. The opposite is true. British historian Paul Johnson has observed: “The Crusades, far from being an outrageous prototype of Western imperialism, as taught in most schools, were a mere episode in a struggle that lasted 1,400 years, and were one of the few occasions when Christians took the offensive to regain ‘occupied territories’ of the Holy Land.” The Crusades were launched to regain land conquered by Muslims and to prevent Muslim armies from invading and conquering any more nations! It was a defensive war against Muslim imperialism.

The Christian-haters should turn their attentions to militant Islam and Atheism as the most serious dangers to the world.

The fact is that while religious wars have been fought for centuries, militant atheism has slaughtered more people than religious zealots ever have. The greatest mass murders in history have been committed not by Christians but by Communists Joseph Stalin and Mao Tse Tung. More than 100 million have died at the hands of these militant atheists since the early 20th century.

And, one of the first genocides committed in the 20th century was by Turkish Muslims against Armenians between 1915 and 1918. An estimated 1.5 million Christian Armenians were killed during that slaughter.

Elton John, Robert Kuttner, Richard Dawkins and others may want to do more fact-checking before they launch into new tirades against Christianity.

The fact is that Christians have been at the forefront of expanding and defending human freedom around the globe ever since the First Century Church was founded. Christians, for example, were the ones who campaigned against the gladiator games in ancient Rome as well as against the slave trade in Britain and in the United States. It has been our Christian compassion that has led us into wars around the world to defend the downtrodden and to preserve freedom for individuals. (Alvin J. Schmidt, Ph.D., clearly explains this in his excellent history book, “How Christianity Changed The World.”) 

Elton John’s ability to speak freely and attack Christianity in Britain is due to the fact that Britain has based its laws upon the Ten Commandments and Christian principles about free speech and freedom of conscience. John might not fare so well under Sharia law nor would his music be freely marketed under a Communist dictatorship.

As we celebrate the birth of the Prince of Peace, all of us should keep these truths in mind.

http://www.traditionalvalues.org/modules.php?sid=2943

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #160 on: June 02, 2009, 04:00:49 PM »
This is one nut job who murdered only one person.  Stalin, an atheist, murdered thousands of religious people only because they were not atheists, and that was only less than 80 years ago.

A murderous nut job is a murderous nut job, with or without religion:

Man kills eight at Finnish school

BBC NEWS
Wednesday, 7 November 2007

At least eight people were killed when an 18-year-old gunman opened fire at a school in Finland Wednesday, according to Finnish police...

...In the rambling text posted on the site, Auvinen said that he is "a cynical existentialist, anti-human humanist, anti-social social-Darwinist, realistic idealist and god-like atheist.

"I am prepared to fight and die for my cause," he wrote. "I, as a natural selector, will eliminate all who I see unfit, disgraces of human race and failures of natural selection."...

...Sipila said that Finland, which has a population of about five million, has around two million firearms, although gun laws are tough. "We do not know where he got it from," he said

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7082795.stm

That is not so.  Stalin didn't kill these people because they weren't atheists, he killed them because they were a powerful entity and therefore a threat. He killed atheist intellectuals, artists and journalists as they were a threat as well. He also killed around 6 million farmers because he wanted their land.  Kind of pompous of you to single out a few hundred thousand victims as being somehow "special." He even lifted the ban on the church once the Germans invaded, since he was aware that people fight and die more easily when they have God backing them.

This nutjob you've posted up as an example is worthless.  The nutjob in question was off his meds and proclaimed himself "God." He offed people at random, he didn't specifically kill people who didn't belong to his religion.

The example of Jeff Dahmer is silly as well and doesn't prove anything. Murderers always find something to blame once they're in prison. And besides, if the "godlessness" of his household was at fault, how do you explain Stalin, Hitler, or Ted Bundy for that matter.  Both Stalin and Hitler grew up immersed in religion, and both considered joining the clergy. Bundy was raised by a member of the clergy. Fail.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: June 02, 2009, 04:07:40 PM »
i think this boils down to exactly what i said in the beginning...

a nut job is a nut job and thats all there is to it...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: June 02, 2009, 04:11:21 PM »
i think this boils down to exactly what i said in the beginning...

a nut job is a nut job and thats all there is to it...

I agree.  A person who commits mass murder or a single premeditated murder is committing an evil act.  Neither mainstream religions nor the religion of atheism teaches people to commit evil acts. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #163 on: June 02, 2009, 04:22:23 PM »
Hi Deedee.

Long time no see.
As empty as paradise

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #164 on: June 02, 2009, 04:25:48 PM »
I agree.  A person who commits mass murder or a single premeditated murder is committing an evil act.  Neither mainstream religions nor the religion of atheism teaches people to commit evil acts. 

Atheism is not a religion.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: June 02, 2009, 04:32:25 PM »
Atheism is not a religion.

Says you.   :)  I think we beat this one to death on the religion board.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #166 on: June 02, 2009, 04:35:15 PM »

lol  sure did!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #167 on: June 02, 2009, 04:35:25 PM »

You're right... says me.

Kind of like that guy that decided to stand up and say "I'm the son of God."

"Just cause he said so".

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: June 02, 2009, 04:37:33 PM »
lol  sure did!

And we were all right.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: June 02, 2009, 04:38:26 PM »
You're right... says me.

Kind of like that guy that decided to stand up and say "I'm the son of God."

"Just cause he said so".

Sounds like me beating my chest and proclaiming myself king of the house. 

Except I do that when no one is home.   :)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #170 on: June 02, 2009, 04:43:31 PM »
Sounds like me beating my chest and proclaiming myself king of the house. 

Except I do that when no one is home.   :)

That's what happens when you live with 3 girls.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: June 02, 2009, 04:47:55 PM »
That's what happens when you live with 3 girls.

Four (counting the wife). 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #172 on: June 02, 2009, 05:22:35 PM »
And we were all right.   :)

It's a religion and not a religion?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: June 02, 2009, 05:32:21 PM »
It's a religion and not a religion?

Nah.  I mean everyone always maintains their position, even when they're wrong.   :D 

But now that I think about it, "it's a religion and not a religion" actually makes sense.  (Insert man rubbing chin emoticon.  Our emoticon's suck!  No offense Ron.)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: June 02, 2009, 05:36:52 PM »
The shooter apparently has a history of mental illness:  "Roeder's brother, David, also said he suffered from mental illness at various times in his life."  http://content.usatoday.net/dist/custom/gci/InsidePage.aspx?cId=honoluluadvertiser&sParam=30881501.story