Author Topic: There should be a license to vote.  (Read 601 times)

Hereford

• Getbig V
There should be a license to vote.
« on: June 01, 2009, 11:11:29 AM »
Anyone agree with me on this? People should have to demonstrate a bare minimum competancy at understanding voted issues and government to be able to vote. I don't mean anything overtly political or subjective, but at least know something. Too many stupid people are voting for things/people that have no logic or thought involved.

I can't believe nobody has issue with the fact 95% of blacks voted for Obama, most of them based only on the fact he's black. Your vote shouldn't matter if this is the case. If you believe what we see on the youtube and media sources, many of these people don't know anything more than a) he's black and b) we can make out which name is his on the ballot.

This is bullshit. These peoples' vote shouldn't count. And no, it's not a race thing. Having a permitting/licensing system would (hopefully) make people be a little more intelligent about what they are voting.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: There should be a license to vote.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 11:17:42 AM »
Completely disagree.  How would you determine competency?  By a literacy test?  People who can't read, or don’t read very well, aren't necessarily dumb. 

We should be able to vote for whomever we want, for whatever reason we want.  That means voting for someone solely based on their stance on a variety of issues, or one issue, solely or in part because of race or gender, the color of their hair, or whatever. 

Should everyone make an informed decision at the polls?  Of course.  But that will never happen with everyone.  You can never truly know why someone voted the way they did when they're behind the curtain. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 11:30:47 AM »
I agree with you and disagree.  Way to many dumb fuckers determining our future.  There should be some minimum standard.  But you can't do that and it's totally wrong so I have to disagree even thought I think you're right.  The solution is not minimun standards/license to vote, it's making sure people are actually educated.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 11:33:26 AM »
the ruling party would change the laws to benefit them next election.

Obama would say "If you make more than 100k, you can't vote."  Guess what, he just won re-election forever.  Or Mccain/Repub would say "You have to have a college degree to vote" and he'd keep winning.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 11:38:37 AM »
Makes sense...

But what positive future can possibly be determined by people who vote on 'the color of their hair'? Or what race one is? If that is all you really care about, should you really have a stake in making any communal decisions?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 11:54:32 AM »
Makes sense...

But what positive future can possibly be determined by people who vote on 'the color of their hair'? Or what race one is? If that is all you really care about, should you really have a stake in making any communal decisions?

I think you're thinking only the left is guilty of this?  Is that correct?  If so that's laughable.  rightwingers ignorant of the issues and dangers walk into the voting booth all the time.  Voting across the board based on one single issue is also a favorite of theirs.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 11:56:33 AM »
Makes sense...

How would you determine why someone voted a certain way? 

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 12:05:53 PM »
I think you're thinking only the left is guilty of this?  Is that correct?  If so that's laughable.  rightwingers ignorant of the issues and dangers walk into the voting booth all the time.  Voting across the board based on one single issue is also a favorite of theirs.

Hugo nowhere did I mention any political affiliations. Old redneck bastards are just as bad. 

BB, would you say that ANY canidate represents what 95% of a demographic is about on the larger scale?

Test questions would follow what would amount to an 8th grade political science class level.

1. Name the three branches of government.
2. Name 5 past presidents and national events that took place during their tenure.
3. Describe the qualifications and positions of the people/propositions on the ballot.

Easy stuff for anyone who pays any attention.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 12:18:19 PM »
Hugo nowhere did I mention any political affiliations. Old redneck bastards are just as bad. 

BB, would you say that ANY canidate represents what 95% of a demographic is about on the larger scale?

Test questions would follow what would amount to an 8th grade political science class level.

2. Name 5 past presidents and national events that took place during their tenure.
3. Describe the qualifications and positions of the people/propositions on the ballot.

Those aren't 8th grade questions (at least not nos. 2 and 3).  Hereford a literacy test doesn't solve your problems with the process.  People would still be able to vote for someone because they're "pretty" and lie about it afterward.  In the meantime, the literacy test would exclude a number of voters who actually do care about the election, but for whatever reason cannot pass your test. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 04:39:06 PM »

Then we pretty much agree, except I think the solution is better education.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 05:21:21 PM »
I think there should be a LICENSE NECESSARY TO POST ON THIS BOARD.

How many times has the fact that PRESIDENTS ARE SELECTED NOT ELECTED been discussed on this board, discussed in documentaries, talked about in lecture halls, made clear by investigators??? How many times?? Yet despite all here we go again with the same foolish mindset that you, as americans, actually have rights, live in a democracy and that you ELECT YOUR PRESIDENT!!! Don't make me laugh.

Since you ELECTED OBAMA...then you as americans IMPEACH HIM. Is it all that hard to do in a democracy???

And to HEREFORD...more whites voted for Obama, according to Gallup, Quinnipac and vote tallies than Blacks. So the fact that Obama is in the White House is becasue of whites...you know ...the same whites who always voted for white men to be presidents because they are WHITE!!!!!, is because whites CHOSE for him to be there. That is if you believe your votes actually elect a president.

HUGO..Here is where you can direct HEREFORD to the OBAMADECEPTION video... so he can hear the discussion about how presidents are CHOSEN by the ELITE. Where Kissinger announces Obama is a prime candidate for brining in the NWO...no election but a SELECTION.

DON'T FALL FOR THE AMERICAN LIE ABOUT VOTING, FREEDOM, DEMOCRACY AND PATRIOTISM....just a HOAX to make you sheep, keep you sedate and to get your money.

C

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 07:20:54 PM »
People need to get smarter and more informed that's for sure.  But restricting it is not the answer.  Disagree.