Author Topic: The Anabolic Diet...I think I've seen the light!  (Read 39903 times)

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
The Anabolic Diet...I think I've seen the light!
« on: June 01, 2009, 11:27:01 AM »
Hey bros, been off the boards for a minute, I'm usually all over the place during the summer so not much time to post, but I've been on the Anabolic Diet now for about 2 months now, and I gotta say this diet rocks! I honestly recomend this diet for anybody trying to lean out while keeping size, especially natties. I seriously laugh at the stuff I'm eating on a daily basis and I keep getting leaner, the only thing that is really hard is the first part of the diet, going low carb for a few weeks straight with no carb up until you system adjusts, not gonna lie I felt like shit, but now since I feel that my body has a adjusted and I've had a couple carb up weekends, I feel great. It's not as strict as the Palumbo diet, but I think the Palumbo diet would be ideal to use during a cutting phase, right now I'm doing a maintinance phase, and I'm getting leaner and leaner and I'm taking in around 3,000 cals a day, not bad. Anyways heres a decent site to check out if you want a little more info about this diet, honestly I feel this diet is something I can easily stay on year round. Anyone else been on this diet? Any thoughts? Recomendations (food recipes/supplements)? http://stronglifts.com/anabolic-diet/

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: The Anabolic Diet...I think I've seen the light!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 12:12:19 PM »
i tried this diet out october/november of 07...worked awesome... i have no idea why i stopped doing it...  i remember just a few days in to it i got fuller and leaner and stronger... my favorite snack on that diet is spicy pork rinds..

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 12:31:05 PM »
Haha..nice, yeah man, I'm eating alot of eggs (2 meals..1 with a few slices of turkey bacon and the other an omlette couple slices of cheese), not to mention a ton on steak, ground beef, lots of veggies (brocoli-spinach), I seriously feel like I'm doing a bulk up type diet and I'm getting leaner, this shit is great! Not to mention my last two carb up weekends I did 1000 gram carb up each day (sat-sun), see no residual fat gain, just getting fuller and leaner, I think the key to the carb up days are to keep the carbs mainly clean (lots of pasta, rice, potato, oats, ezikiel bread, quinoa) and maybe sugary stuff around and after workouts (cookies-doughnuts) with pre post shake. Seriously dudes, look into this!

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 01:01:50 PM »
Go 4 it!, can you post a sample day of the diet? This is what they had on the site.  Is yours similar to this?

Breakfast: 6 eggs, lemon juice
Post Workout: 1.5 scoop whey, 1tbsp fish oil
1h later: 250g ground in butter, 250g spinach with garlic, 1tbsp olive oil
Lunch: 250g ground in butter, 250g spinach with garlic, 1tbsp olive oil
Dinner: 1 tuna can with salad
Supper: 150g Emmental, 1tbsp fish oil, 100g berries, 30g flax seeds
Air Falcon

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 01:14:08 PM »
 basic details on the diet taken from my PDF...

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 01:16:32 PM »
 what foods to eat...

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 01:18:30 PM »
 specific details on the mass phase...

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 01:20:42 PM »
specific details on the cutting phase...

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 01:27:34 PM »
looks good..I am definitely going to try this

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 01:33:40 PM »
Go 4 it!, can you post a sample day of the diet? This is what they had on the site.  Is yours similar to this?

Breakfast: 6 eggs, lemon juice
Post Workout: 1.5 scoop whey, 1tbsp fish oil
1h later: 250g ground in butter, 250g spinach with garlic, 1tbsp olive oil
Lunch: 250g ground in butter, 250g spinach with garlic, 1tbsp olive oil
Dinner: 1 tuna can with salad
Supper: 150g Emmental, 1tbsp fish oil, 100g berries, 30g flax seeds

Yeah, well it varies but basically this is what i've been doing
Meal 1: 6 whole eggs, 4 pieces turkey bacon
Meal 2: grilled chicken salad using half a bag of baby spinach, with 2 tablespoon olive oil
Meal 3: 6 eggs with 2 slices of american cheese (omlette)
Meal 4: 2 scoops Isopure- 2 tablespoon of all natty pb
Meal 5: Steak or ground beef patties (2 whoppers) with half bag of brocoli
Meal 6: 2 scoops Isopure with 3 tablespoon of coconut oil

thats pretty much what I'm doing sometimes I'll substitute a regular meal for one of the shakes, using more eggs or meat..

And T-Bombz your the man!! Thanks for adding those transcripts!!

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 03:03:51 PM »
So this diet just magically breaks the laws of physics ???

At the end of the day, all the macronutrients don't mean anything. You still have to eat less calories than you use to loose fat. With this diet you don't?
tank u jesus

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 03:24:14 AM »
I've just started with the diet.

i'm eating lots of nuts, cheeses, and green salads drenched in various olive oils.

I'm only 3 days in and my complexion looks much better, much clearer skin

Great so far

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 04:09:01 AM »
So this diet just magically breaks the laws of physics ???

At the end of the day, all the macronutrients don't mean anything. You still have to eat less calories than you use to loose fat. With this diet you don't?

Try it, you will see the light my friend.

Dr Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 07:36:17 AM »
I've just started with the diet.

i'm eating lots of nuts, cheeses, and green salads drenched in various olive oils.

I'm only 3 days in and my complexion looks much better, much clearer skin

Great so far

Throw in some red meat and your good to go !

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 05:57:11 PM »
So, this is basically the "keto" with two carb-up days instead of one?
Air Falcon

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 06:04:40 PM »
yup, basically .. like this..

when trying to put on size , mon-fri eat everything you see that doesnt contain carbs besides vegetables. tons of fatty steaks, whole eggs, sausages, cheeses, nuts, oils, chicken with skin, pork rinds, etc. sat-sun eat everything you see, period. try to keep fat intake and low and keep protein moderate, but otherwise go crazy.

when trying to lose body fat , mon-fri eat sensible well portioned meals, make sure to keep them without any carbs (except veggies of course). sat-sun eat alot of carbs, keep fat very low, keep protein moderate.

Stavios

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 10:16:50 PM »
yup, basically .. like this..

when trying to put on size , mon-fri eat everything you see that doesnt contain carbs besides vegetables. tons of fatty steaks, whole eggs, sausages, cheeses, nuts, oils, chicken with skin, pork rinds, etc. sat-sun eat everything you see, period. try to keep fat intake and low and keep protein moderate, but otherwise go crazy.

you don't count calories at all ?  ???

Seijuro

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 01:59:09 AM »

Yea seems Atkins. Bioquemichal reasons are clear, but anyway that RED MEAT RED MEAT... take care about uric acid. Also... so much saturated fats... your lymphatic system will suffer. Also liver suffer but at least the load of carbs on weekend gives a breath to it... Mmm I think it could be aggresive for the body.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2009, 05:42:58 AM »
This sounds quite a bit like the diet Rheo Blair prescribed 50+ years ago.

A lot of guys grew like weeds following his advice.

Aquiles

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2009, 06:21:28 AM »
Good info, thanks.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2009, 07:02:32 AM »
I haven’t looked over all of the details of the diet plan outlined in this thread, but I can tell you that I’m following more of a Blair-type diet – high protein/high (good) fat/very low carb – and my waist has gone down, while body weight had remained.
And within the last 2 weeks my weight has actually gone up a few lbs. That tells me I’m gaining a little bit of muscle while losing a bit of fat.

Nothing dramatic, mind you, but this is without any cardio.
I’ll be adding some Tabata aerobic work in another few weeks.
I just want to see how much difference the diet alone could make.

I think “gradual” is the key word/idea here. If your goal is to build lots of muscle or lose lots of fat QUICKLY & RAPIDLY, then your body can only be optimally primed to do one of those – not both – at one time.
But, I believe that a slower and more gradual approach allows a greater confluence of the two that will also produce longer lasting results in the end.
IOW there’s no crash from which to rebound.

Seijuro

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2009, 10:06:13 AM »
I haven’t looked over all of the details of the diet plan outlined in this thread, but I can tell you that I’m following more of a Blair-type diet – high protein/high (good) fat/very low carb – and my waist has gone down, while body weight had remained.
And within the last 2 weeks my weight has actually gone up a few lbs. That tells me I’m gaining a little bit of muscle while losing a bit of fat.

Nothing dramatic, mind you, but this is without any cardio.
I’ll be adding some Tabata aerobic work in another few weeks.
I just want to see how much difference the diet alone could make.

I think “gradual” is the key word/idea here. If your goal is to build lots of muscle or lose lots of fat QUICKLY & RAPIDLY, then your body can only be optimally primed to do one of those – not both – at one time.
But, I believe that a slower and more gradual approach allows a greater confluence of the two that will also produce longer lasting results in the end.
IOW there’s no crash from which to rebound.

If u eat protein u can build muscle, if u eat few calories u can lose fat, so u can do both at the same time. Maybe the point is that, many people see how their muscles goes smaller when they lose fat, but they don't think they have lots of fat INSIDE muscle and between fascia...

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2009, 07:56:06 AM »
I tried this diet over 10 years ago.  I followed it very strictly for 6 months.  You lose water, but after a while you cannot think straight.  After an intense workout you feel like you are going to die.   

Try doing a heavy/hard leg workout while being 1 month into this diet... I promise, you won't like it.  :'(

ob205

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2009, 11:53:38 AM »
I just started this diet 4 weeks ago and love it.  Find it very easy to adhere to and love the carb up.  Started getting leaner very quickly after starting diet.  I am 38 y/o 5'11 200lbs and 12% bf, want to get downt o around 8-9% bf and stay that way.   I have competed in natural bb in my 20's, so rigorous dieting is nothing new, this is great for lifestyle.  I do try to focus more on healthy fats by using flax, macadamia nut oil, fish oil and try to minimize unwarranted sat fat like bacon.  My .02

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2009, 07:04:58 AM »
I read through the whole diet and no where does he even say to eat veggies.  I find the book lacking in details on the types of foods to eat. Sure he lists all types of meats but what else?