Author Topic: army recruiter shot and killed  (Read 2179 times)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
army recruiter shot and killed
« on: June 01, 2009, 12:07:13 PM »
One Army recruiter was killed Monday and a second was wounded in a shooting at a recruiting office, and a suspect was arrested, police said.

Police Lt. Terry Hastings said the recruiter was shot when a man in a black SUV opened fire on the office in west Little Rock at about 10:30 a.m.

The vehicle was stopped on Interstate 630 a short time later and a suspect was taken into custody. Hastings said the suspect pulled over and surrendered without incident.

Police said they found an assault rifle in the vehicle.

Hastings said he did not know whether the recruiting office was specifically targeted or was randomly chosen.

Hastings said shortly after noon that investigators had not yet questioned the suspect and that police were still processing

HEY 240.WANT TO BET THAT THIS GUY WAS AN OLBERMAN WATCHER AND DIDNT HAVE FOX ON THIS MORNING?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: army recruiter shot and killed
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 12:10:42 PM »
Clearly the anti-war liberals, led by Obama, are responsible for this.   ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 12:40:39 PM »
Clearly the anti-war liberals, led by Obama, are responsible for this.   ::)

that was meant to be sarcastic right?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 12:47:54 PM »
that was meant to be sarcastic right?

It was meant to highlight to absurdity of attempts to tie indefensible illegal behavior to a TV show or a "religion." 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 01:04:16 PM »
It was meant to highlight to absurdity of attempts to tie indefensible illegal behavior to a TV show or a "religion." 

how about we wait until we see what the shooters motive was before we decide it can't be tied to a religion belief, etc...

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 01:08:45 PM »
how about we wait until we see what the shooters motive was before we decide it can't be tied to a religion belief, etc...

Gee,I didnt see you give 240 that same warning when he said the guy who killed Tiler watched FOX this morning.I guess a double standard is pretty typical for libs.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 01:13:34 PM »

How about it doesn't matter what his motive was.  It was premeditated murder.  Who gives a rip if he says "God" told him to murder the guy?  Or if he has some warped "religious" belief?  I mean except for paranoid anti-religious extremists.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 01:52:44 PM »
How about it doesn't matter what his motive was.  It was premeditated murder.  Who gives a rip if he says "God" told him to murder the guy?  Or if he has some warped "religious" belief?  I mean except for paranoid anti-religious extremists.  

well first of all I've never said anything about a religious motivation in this thread and if this persons was motivated by religious delusion then it's hardly paranoia if the result is a dead body.

In fact you're the one preemptively mentioned religion in this thread so the paranoia you think you see is probably just a projection of your own feelings

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 01:58:58 PM »
well first of all I've never said anything about a religious motivation in this thread and if this persons was motivated by religious delusion then it's hardly paranoia if the result is a dead body.

In fact you're the one preemptively mentioned religion in this thread so the paranoia you think you see is probably just a projection of your own feelings

Uh . . . yeah.  Right.  O.K. . . . 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 02:05:29 PM »
beach straw believes that even if the person who commited the crime recieved the exact opposite meaning of the intended party that they tv show or religion is still to blame...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 02:07:33 PM »
beach straw believes that even if the person who commited the crime recieved the exact opposite meaning of the intended party that they tv show or religion is still to blame...

when have I said anything about this persons motivation?

what's wrong with you two?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 02:09:30 PM »
when have I said anything about this persons motivation?

what's wrong with you two?

I was referring to the other thread, you believe that religion or oreilly are somewhat copable to his actions even though they never advocated violence...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 02:10:43 PM »

I think he's desperately hoping the guy is "religious," in part because he believes everyone who has a sincerely/devoutly held religious belief is mentally ill.   :)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 02:13:40 PM »
straw go ahead and watch oreilly tonight ill bet you that dollar that oreilly denouces this retards actions...im sure youll still find some way to pass some blame onto him though.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 02:25:09 PM »
straw go ahead and watch oreilly tonight ill bet you that dollar that oreilly denouces this retards actions...im sure youll still find some way to pass some blame onto him though.

I'd hope anyone with normal brain function would condemn the murder at the recruiting station, the doctor etc...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 02:28:48 PM »
I'd hope anyone with normal brain function would condemn the murder at the recruiting station, the doctor etc...

thats exactly right, and i would hope any normal person would not deem it ok to perform such acts...I.E. these ppl who commited these crimes did it themselves not b/c oreilly or their religion said so...ESPECIALLY SINCE NEITHER ADVOCATES SUCH ACTIONS...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 02:33:23 PM »
thats exactly right, and i would hope any normal person would not deem it ok to perform such acts...I.E. these ppl who commited these crimes did it themselves not b/c oreilly or their religion said so...ESPECIALLY SINCE NEITHER ADVOCATES SUCH ACTIONS...

Tony. I've tried to explain this mutliple times in multiple threads.  My only problem with religion is when it infects someones brain so badly that it renders them insane and then you get suicide bombers, guys that fly planes into building and guys that shoot doctor.   The religion doesn't advocate it but the individuals personal interpretation drives them to acts of madness.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 02:53:52 PM »
Hey billy, you practically blew the guy who shot tiller.

you're a sick SOB

HEY 240.WANT TO BET THAT THIS GUY WAS AN OLBERMAN WATCHER AND DIDNT HAVE FOX ON THIS MORNING?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2009, 04:56:34 PM »
The police have Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad -- a 24-year-old Little Rock resident formerly known as Carlos Bledsoe. 

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/01/arkansas.recruiter.shooting/index.html

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2009, 05:03:58 PM »
Tony. I've tried to explain this mutliple times in multiple threads.  My only problem with religion is when it infects someones brain so badly that it renders them insane and then you get suicide bombers, guys that fly planes into building and guys that shoot doctor.   The religion doesn't advocate it but the individuals personal interpretation drives them to acts of madness.   
so exactly how is this the fault of religion? these nutjobs are simply nutjobs and if they didnt have this cause it would simply be another...you cant blame a religion for ppl doing something in the name of that religion that it doesnt advocate...how do you not understand that?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 05:06:48 PM »
first thing oreilly did was condemn this retards actions and say that a society without laws is anarchy...im guessing you still think he is somewhat responsible?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 05:08:43 PM »
so exactly how is this the fault of religion? these nutjobs are simply nutjobs and if they didnt have this cause it would simply be another...you cant blame a religion for ppl doing something in the name of that religion that it doesnt advocate...how do you not understand that?

show me where I said it was.  I simply posted his name.  You drew your own conclusions.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2009, 05:09:28 PM »
first thing oreilly did was condemn this retards actions and say that a society without laws is anarchy...im guessing you still think he is somewhat responsible?

show me where I said O'Reilly was responsible?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2009, 05:11:41 PM »
show me where I said it was.  I simply posted his name.  You drew your own conclusions.

LOL bro lets take this one back to the other thread b/c thats what this issue really is about and ill show your multiple post trying to make religion copable to his actions...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2009, 05:18:03 PM »
LOL bro lets take this one back to the other thread b/c thats what this issue really is about and ill show your multiple post trying to make religion copable to his actions...

If you're talking about the killer of Dr. Tilley that's fine but you'll see I've qualified my statements there too.

I'm busy at work wrapping up some pressing issues but I'll find my own quotes later today.  In the meantime invest 6 minutes of your life (if you can take it....I barely could) and listen to that clip from certified wing nut Randall Terry and tell me his religious beliefs are not influencing his statements and that his statements are not inflamatory and meant to incite violence.