Author Topic: Why are pharmacies so F*CKING SLOW all the time.  (Read 2718 times)

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
Re: Why are pharmacies so F*CKING SLOW all the time.
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2009, 10:55:27 PM »
lack of competition + overpaid employees = slow service

what bay said, they are not waiting all day long for you to walk in with your script and fill it for you, they have a backlog of stuff the are filling all day and calling places, there is plenty of competition.
TEAM Nasser

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2009, 02:06:30 PM »
If they have such a backlog maybe they need to work a little faster or hire more help.

I have never seen a pharmacy worker hustling. Ever.

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2009, 03:33:35 PM »
what bay said, they are not waiting all day long for you to walk in with your script and fill it for you, they have a backlog of stuff the are filling all day and calling places, there is plenty of competition.

I speak not as a customer of pharmacies (I don't have any prescriptions) but as a relative of several pharmacists.  They work at there own pace because they are their own boss and generally overpaid.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2009, 07:27:38 PM »
Giant Pharmacy, they are quick, 15-30 minutes if waiting for it.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2009, 07:37:20 PM »
I speak not as a customer of pharmacies (I don't have any prescriptions) but as a relative of several pharmacists.  They work at there own pace because they are their own boss and generally overpaid.

Were you around when they were in pharmacy school?  That is hard work and they did it.  There's no need to knock themselves out now just to please an angst ridden consumer.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2009, 08:26:16 PM »
Were you around when they were in pharmacy school?  That is hard work and they did it.  There's no need to knock themselves out now just to please an angst ridden consumer.

So once you get the job, you should refuse to do it?

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2009, 05:38:16 AM »

Matter of fact I was.  I won't discount that the pharm school is infinitely more difficult than the organ grinding they do once they graduate.  But I'll also say that there are similarly difficult degrees (MS in Chemical Engineering for example) where you are not paid excessively and are challenged significantly once in the private sector.