Author Topic: Why are pharmacies so F*CKING SLOW all the time.  (Read 2717 times)

Hereford

• Getbig V
Why are pharmacies so F*CKING SLOW all the time.
« on: June 02, 2009, 03:02:34 PM »
So today I had to get a script filled, which doesn't happen very often. The old nag behind the counter tells me it will be 3 hours to fill.

WTF? 3 f*ing hours to put some pills in a bottle. Everytime in my life I have ever gone to ANY pharmacy, it takes forever to get moving. It's like going to the DMV, only a little more expensive.

Why are they so universally goddamn slow.

Damn.  >:(

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Why are pharmacies so F*CKING SLOW all the time.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 03:07:20 PM »
takes a long time to count those pills.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 03:09:48 PM »
It takes a long time for the pills to flow from their bottle into yours.  Rather like Heinz ketchup...

Wait till you develop a chronic condition (just give it a little time) like thyroid or prostate...you will live in a drugstore.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 03:11:02 PM »
The longer obama is president, the worse Hereford's blood pressure becomes :)

Luckily, obama will bring us all socialized medicine, which will make hereford's woes go away!

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 03:12:49 PM »
maybe you can have your doctor who prescribed it send it over after your appointment to your pharmacy and they automatically start filling it then for you, then go pick it up later that day.

jt
TEAM Nasser

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 03:31:35 PM »
So today I had to get a script filled, which doesn't happen very often. The old nag behind the counter tells me it will be 3 hours to fill.

WTF? 3 f*ing hours to put some pills in a bottle. Everytime in my life I have ever gone to ANY pharmacy, it takes forever to get moving. It's like going to the DMV, only a little more expensive.

Nowadays you have to show up into the pharmacy with a shotgun, shouting and yelling, just to get a script filled....  :-\

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 03:33:54 PM »
My "scripts" usually take two weeks to fill. Pakistan is a long way away! ;D
I am a big baby

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 03:57:19 PM »
Nowadays you have to show up into the pharmacy with a shotgun, shouting and yelling, just to get a script filled....  :-\

um you usually don't just walk in with a script and expect it to get filled right away, have your doctor fax or call it in and go later that night and pick it up in 2 minutes geez what is so hard to understand about this process?

TEAM Nasser

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 04:51:28 PM »
I work in a pharmacy. In the UK and Ireland they ar ea bit different.

Depending what it is and providing none are infront of you a script generally only takes 3-5minutes MAX.

For methadone or controlled drugs like iunsulin or any drugs locked up there is a time delay safe. This is only 10 minutes though.

What drug was it? Inless they have to do something else in USA or fill some protocol or follow procedures I dont understand how it can take this long.

And yes Dr's can fax or phone over scripts ready for collectione etc

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 07:04:42 PM »
It was an f*ing antibiotic for fvcks sake.

And to jt, no, the docs out here won't phone shit in. Dunno why. Maybe because it takes an extra three minutes.... Maybe the doctors offices don't want to sit on the phone on hold for hours....

It is because they are slow and lazy, no other reasons I can see.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 08:13:21 PM »

That's nothing, when I call shit in, they say "give us 24 to 48 hours".  >:(

What is funny is that my meds come pre-packaged in monthly pill (30) counts. All tehy have to do is make sure it is the right shit, and give it to me. No need to transfer from one jar to the other..... ::)
HAHA, RON.....

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 09:07:18 PM »
It was an f*ing antibiotic for fvcks sake.

And to jt, no, the docs out here won't phone shit in. Dunno why. Maybe because it takes an extra three minutes.... Maybe the doctors offices don't want to sit on the phone on hold for hours....

It is because they are slow and lazy, no other reasons I can see.

oh man Hef, that sucks, that is fucking gay, cause all mine are faxed in, sometimes docs need a call for controlled meds, but still it shouldn't take longer than an hour after your appointment if they perscribe something, most pharmacies have 1 hr garuntee, and by then I am usually there and it is filled.

Maybe try a different doc or is it your regular doc you are use to to goto for your checkups?

TEAM Nasser

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 09:05:23 AM »
The doc isn't the problem... Other than the failure to call Walgreens or whatever.... My bitch is with the pharmacies themselves... It's like grade-A union work in action.

Although after hearing gordiano, maybe is't not as bad as it could be.

And ya 240... it is one of theose little things that I'm sure will lead me to havign a stoke someday...  :-\

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2009, 11:32:35 AM »
Pharmacies = even slower than the post office
R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 11:33:05 AM »
but not slower than getbig >:(
R

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2009, 12:50:49 PM »

Haste makes waste... and in a pharmacy that could get you killed!  Filled scripts have to be checked and double checked.  Do you really want them rushing to fill your bottle with what could be the wrong pills?  Most pharmacies are working on a back log of orders; it is not as if they were standing around doing nothing when you walked up to the counter.  Your order goes in the queue when you place it, hence the three hour wait.  By the way, not all orders are pills.  Some are powder/liquid solutions that have to be mixed when the order is placed.  This takes time.  Similarly, often they have to make calls to a doctor's office and/or an insurance company to verify certain information and frequently, they cannot act until the information is verified.  All of this = your three hour wait.  It's not always that bad, of course.  I've gotten a script filled in as little as 30 minutes.  In a drugstore like Walgreens this means walking over to the magazine aisle and reading for 30 minutes.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009, 12:55:39 PM »
When I go to my docs, he gives me the prescription, I walk out to the reception where there is a pharmacy, hand over the slip, wait 2 minutes, get my medication and leave.  Job done.

The NHS is awesome.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2009, 02:14:59 PM »

my girl is on kidney meds...

we call ahead..

simple
carpe` vaginum!

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2009, 02:24:01 PM »
i usually have mine filled within 15-20 minutes.  I usually get the rest of my shopping done then go back to the counter.  If it's a new script, my dr. will call it in ahead. 

I wish i could get paki "scripts"

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2009, 02:24:06 PM »
Haste makes waste... and in a pharmacy that could get you killed!  Filled scripts have to be checked and double checked.  Do you really want them rushing to fill your bottle with what could be the wrong pills?  Most pharmacies are working on a back log of orders; it is not as if they were standing around doing nothing when you walked up to the counter.  Your order goes in the queue when you place it, hence the three hour wait.  By the way, not all orders are pills.  Some are powder/liquid solutions that have to be mixed when the order is placed.  This takes time.  Similarly, often they have to make calls to a doctor's office and/or an insurance company to verify certain information and frequently, they cannot act until the information is verified.  All of this = your three hour wait.  It's not always that bad, of course.  I've gotten a script filled in as little as 30 minutes.  In a drugstore like Walgreens this means walking over to the magazine aisle and reading for 30 minutes.

Good point, my pharmacy screws up all the time. 

R

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2009, 02:35:52 PM »
i usually have mine filled within 15-20 minutes.  I usually get the rest of my shopping done then go back to the counter.  If it's a new script, my dr. will call it in ahead. 

I wish i could get paki "scripts"

you dont need scripts in pakistan...just a wittle extra cash! ;D
carpe` vaginum!

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2009, 03:36:04 PM »

Bay arent you a pharmacist?

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2009, 03:39:19 PM »
you dont need scripts in pakistan...just a wittle extra cash! ;D

my prob is i don't know any paki "pharmacists" that can ship to me.  i prefer the home deleviery option.  ;)

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2009, 04:51:20 PM »
People are prepared to wait longer for their fast food than a medical script

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2009, 05:36:26 PM »
lack of competition + overpaid employees = slow service