Author Topic: The Pedrigree has no effect on the Ultimate Warrior!!!  (Read 16097 times)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
The Pedrigree has no effect on the Ultimate Warrior!!!
« on: June 03, 2009, 07:03:04 AM »
Fast forward to 5:30!

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: The Pedrigree has no effect on the Ultimate Warrior!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 11:38:08 AM »
Haha I bet no one will no sell him today. I wonder how his career would have gone if he never hooked up with Shawn. I'm sure he would have still been a main eventer,but I wonder how he would have got there.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 02:07:21 PM »
No way would he have been a main eventer without The Boy Toy. That guy won the lottery when he joined DX. Thats the only reason anyone ever knew who he was. The pedigree is such a lame move. I watched his career from his first day in the federation. His success is all because of HBK.
Triple HHH was always a good potential but he bloomed with whom he hung around. You are who your with and they're both top dogs.

The pedigree is no more of a lame move then the superkick.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 02:37:52 PM »
Most of guys finishers are lame. A leg drop, Cena' FU, Edge' spear etc... IMO its how you deliver it, and the way HHH has built it up, its a big deal when someone kicks out of it.

Swole0565

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 03:24:34 PM »
Haha I bet no one will no sell him today. I wonder how his career would have gone if he never hooked up with Shawn. I'm sure he would have still been a main eventer,but I wonder how he would have got there.

Being hooked up w/ HBK may have gotten HHH to the top, but IMO, Stephanie's "influence" has kept him there.  
I also think, being a stand up guy, HHH, in return, has used his "influence" to keep Shawn in the spotlight, longer than he may have been, otherwise.

All Hail the King of Kings!

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 03:32:13 PM »
Most of guys finishers are lame. A leg drop, Cena' FU, Edge' spear etc... IMO its how you deliver it, and the way HHH has built it up, its a big deal when someone kicks out of it.

Very true.
It’s also about the guy who’s doing it.

At the time this match took place, nobody cared about Hunter Hearst Helmsley, and probably most people didn’t even know that his stupid move had a name.
The pedigree was just some kind of modified DDT – actually more of a half-assed DDT/inverted full nelson/blow job hybrid.

Now, things are extremely different.
The move means more.
HHH means more.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 10:19:17 AM »
I always hated it when Hogan kicked out of wrestlers finishing moves. That was a pet peeve for me.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 10:24:52 AM »
I agree. I still get mad when Warrior kicks out of 5 of Savage's elbow drops

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 10:37:19 AM »
I was pissed at a live event back in 1989 when Hogan kicked out of the perfect plex

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 11:10:57 AM »

That is poor Cham Pain receiving that pedigree.  He still wrestles the indy circuit here in NC.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 11:38:23 AM »
I always hated it when Hogan kicked out of wrestlers finishing moves. That was a pet peeve for me.

I don't mind kickouts... I hate no sells though... If someone plants their finisher on you... You stay down for the close 2 count.

That's how you make a match interesting... "Hulking up" every 5 seconds gets old.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 02:21:01 PM »

and I get just as mad when Savage kicked out of the gorilla press big splash combo...

say what you want about warrior, but the gorilla press/splash finisher was awesome..
Flower Boy Ran Away

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 02:54:03 PM »
I f'n hate no-selling.  But then again, I was a proud kayfaber who grew up in a time when at least wrestlers attempted to make you believe it was "real."

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 03:06:15 PM »
I f'n hate no-selling.  But then again, I was a proud kayfaber who grew up in a time when at least wrestlers attempted to make you believe it was "real."
Didn't the Road Warriors no sell in their early NWA days? Or so i've read.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2009, 08:45:13 AM »
Didn't the Road Warriors no sell in their early NWA days? Or so i've read.
Only easy moves like a clothes line or a punch...just to hype up the crowd.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2009, 08:56:13 AM »
Right.
It was never to demean or insult their opponents.

I’ve always thought it was foolish to give your opponents nothing in a match. If you make them look like a piece of shit, then who’ve you beaten?
The better your opponent looks, then the better you look defeating him.

I guess some guys feel the opposite and believe it makes them look better to run through opponents as if they weren’t even there, but to me, that makes you look weaker when you have to work an actual program and can’t simply squash.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2009, 10:51:22 AM »
Right.
It was never to demean or insult their opponents.

I’ve always thought it was foolish to give your opponents nothing in a match. If you make them look like a piece of shit, then who’ve you beaten?
The better your opponent looks, then the better you look defeating him.

I guess some guys feel the opposite and believe it makes them look better to run through opponents as if they weren’t even there, but to me, that makes you look weaker when you have to work an actual program and can’t simply squash.

you covered it very well.  It's like when Sting would no-sell Flair chops sometimes, but not all the time.  I heard rumors that Blackwell and ? taught the Warriors a little lesson about the no-selling in the AWA....anybody else heard that?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 11:06:14 AM »
I don’t know about that, but I do know that UW was almost fired after his first appearance with the Fed.
Apparently, they announced him, he ran to the ring, shook the ropes, and covered his jobber all in under a minute.
The road agent – I believe it was Patterson – was irate.

I’ve also heard that "Jim" was a nice guy when he first came to WWF, but after his title push he wouldn’t even shake hands with the boys in the back because he felt he was above that.
FYI – hand shaking was a big sign/display of respect years ago (and may still be) and was considered common backstage etiquette. To refuse was an insult.

I think there was a lot about the business and the craft that Hellwig just never “got.”

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2009, 12:49:53 PM »
Warrior was hated by just about everyone in the business. He basically thought his shit didn't stink. On the Warrior dvd, listen how all the other wrestlers carve him. When he was IC champ and had his feud with Andre The Giant, Andre in one match knocked him out purposly because warrior was too stiff in the ring. Andre was one person who was highly respected backstage and someone you wouldn't want to piss off.