Author Topic: 2012 The Internet Will End  (Read 2541 times)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
2012 The Internet Will End
« on: June 03, 2009, 07:20:08 PM »
Interesting message in this video on how the plan is to end the internet as it is known and replace it with a tiered system like cable which will allow you to SUBSCRIBE to internet channels which allow you to visit certain sites at a cost.

C

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
Re: 2012 The Internet Will End
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 07:57:07 PM »
Uh, 2012? Everything ends on 2012 it seems.

I could see ISP providers and such brainstorming this stuff but in 4 years?

Who the fuck are these guys in the video?

That chick has sweet chicks though.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 08:44:41 AM »
Uh, 2012? Everything ends on 2012 it seems. The Elite are CULTIST and believe in DATES, FALSE GODS, STRUCTURES, OBJECTS and RITUALS and since many cultures: Egyptian, Mayan, Inca, Babylonian etc have so many  false gods and predictions of future events...these elitist believe what they have written as FACT

I could see ISP providers and such brainstorming this stuff but in 4 years? Don't be shocked by the short time span, most of these decisions to change/modify services are decided months or years ahead of the time it actually takes place or becomes known.

Who the fuck are these guys in the video? They say who they are in the beginning of the video, the important thing is not who they are but the fact that they are informing you of something coming that you and others need  to investigate and try to prevent before it comes into being. This NET NEUTRALITY ISSUE has been a hot bed of discussion and protest in america...you need to make yourself aware of what is going on.

That chick has sweet chicks though.
C

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 09:10:40 AM »
people would never stand for it.  it would be suicide for many companies.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 09:24:22 AM »
people would never stand for it.  it would be suicide for many companies.

People pay astronomical cable bills and the channels are filled with nothing more than commercials, infomercials, poor programming, useless so called reality shows, nonsense and even the premium stations are showing movies that are YEARS OLD. What the ISP will present will be done in a TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT FASHION so the public will have no say...it is not like there will be OPTIONS to this. Just like there is no option to cable...and even satellite has the exact same terrible programming
C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 09:41:34 AM »
People pay astronomical cable bills and the channels are filled with nothing more than commercials, infomercials, poor programming, useless so called reality shows, nonsense and even the premium stations are showing movies that are YEARS OLD. What the ISP will present will be done in a TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT FASHION so the public will have no say...it is not like there will be OPTIONS to this. Just like there is no option to cable...and even satellite has the exact same terrible programming

Good point.  There are probably only 5 - 10 stations I ever watch. 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 11:25:53 AM »
Good point.  There are probably only 5 - 10 stations I ever watch. 

I just wonder how this subscription service will work? Will we end up losing sites like this? or will we end up paying ridiculous amounts more to get to a TIER that will have sites like this.? What about a person having their own sites? What will be the cost to create it? etc etc etc.

In one breath it seems like this would be a DEATH BLOW to the net, but at the same time it will result in a terrific loss of subscribers. I remember when KAZAA was open to all, and the music industry sued and had it closed down, then took it over and opened it up as a PAY PER SONG SERVICE. It was not long before people refused to use the site that the KAZAA owners resorted to an extremely low fee and allowed users to download as much as they wanted. Maybe this same technique will work with "the new internet"...everyone just refuse using the service and eventually the ISPs will realize their mistake and return it to what it once was.

Like the old saying

IF IT AIN'T BROKE...DON'T FIX IT!!!!!
C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 12:02:29 PM »
I just wonder how this subscription service will work? Will we end up losing sites like this? or will we end up paying ridiculous amounts more to get to a TIER that will have sites like this.? What about a person having their own sites? What will be the cost to create it? etc etc etc.

In one breath it seems like this would be a DEATH BLOW to the net, but at the same time it will result in a terrific loss of subscribers. I remember when KAZAA was open to all, and the music industry sued and had it closed down, then took it over and opened it up as a PAY PER SONG SERVICE. It was not long before people refused to use the site that the KAZAA owners resorted to an extremely low fee and allowed users to download as much as they wanted. Maybe this same technique will work with "the new internet"...everyone just refuse using the service and eventually the ISPs will realize their mistake and return it to what it once was.

Like the old saying

I cant believe goold will ever go for this since they have something for businesses called "pay per click".  If you take out millions of potential subscribers, Google will lose billions. 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 03:38:30 PM »
I cant believe goold will ever go for this since they have something for businesses called "pay per click".  If you take out millions of potential subscribers, Google will lose billions. 

Let us hope not...
C

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 04:45:05 AM »

Like the old saying

Well I believe that in Canada it will occur under the guise of maintaining Canadian culture which is exempt from NAFTA

Right now Canadians are unable to access The Daily Show through it's official website.
We are forced to go through www.thecomedynetwork.ca that pisses me off.

I also cannnot access many .com websites, am automatically re-routed to their .ca counterparts.
If I wanted .ca I would have typed it. I can't even get google.com.  >:(
w

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 05:00:27 AM »
Well I believe that in Canada it will occur under the guise of maintaining Canadian culture which is exempt from NAFTA

Right now Canadians are unable to access The Daily Show through it's official website.
We are forced to go through www.thecomedynetwork.ca that pisses me off.

I also cannnot access many .com websites, am automatically re-routed to their .ca counterparts.
If I wanted .ca I would have typed it. I can't even get google.com.  >:(

Let me add some technological knowledge here...

What's actually happening is your IP is being checked against known IP's in a database to determine your location. It is Google and Comedy Network which do these checks in hope of improving your user experience by showing you a site tailored towards Canadians. Google.com would for instance redirect me via a HTTP 301 redirect to google.co.uk; my ISP doesn't do this.

You can overcome this annoyance by using a proxy server with a US registered IP address.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 06:13:58 AM »
Let me add some technological knowledge here...

What's actually happening is your IP is being checked against known IP's in a database to determine your location. It is Google and Comedy Network which do these checks in hope of improving your user experience by showing you a site tailored towards Canadians. Google.com would for instance redirect me via a HTTP 301 redirect to google.co.uk; my ISP doesn't do this.

You can overcome this annoyance by using a proxy server with a US registered IP address.

Thanks Nordic, I understand that, but I don't like the redirect. It's not to enhance my user experience.
It's to enhance their revenue from advertisers who are paying to have relevant ads served up to me.

Like I said, if i wanted the ca sites, I'd have typed them in myself. I should be able to surf to anywhere I want

I'm sick of visiting sites serving up ads with pics of 20 yr old bimbos saying 'girls in Toronto want to meet you'
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2009, 06:16:19 AM »
Thanks Nordic, I understand that, but I don't like the redirect. It's not to enhance my user experience.
It's to enhance their revenue from advertisers who are paying to have relevant ads served up to me.

Like I said, if i wanted the ca sites, I'd have typed them in myself. I should be able to surf to anywhere I want

I'm sick of visiting sites serving up ads with pics of 20 yr old bimbos saying 'girls in Toronto want to meet you'

I thought you liked women???

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2009, 06:36:36 AM »

Well yes, a primary goal for Google as an example is revenues - the more targeted their advertising system is the better the ROI, but at the same time there are logical user experience benefits generally; but I do agree it's not beneficial to 100% of these site's audiences - you and I for example sometimes don't appreciate the redirection and were happy on the address we entered.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2009, 08:30:45 AM »
I thought you liked women???

Nah, ...that's just another GetBig myth/lie. I'm hetero.
A good rule of thumb to follow: ...anything anyone says about me on GetBig is probably a lie.
w