Author Topic: Obama keeps appointing bright repubs to cabinet positions  (Read 669 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Obama keeps appointing bright repubs to cabinet positions
« on: June 03, 2009, 10:14:14 PM »
He did it again tonight... NBC news is discussing his strategy to remove threats for 2016 by giving them jobs in his administration.  Governors and senators in vulnerable Republican states in the west and northeast.  He's letting them stay in the south.

"Obama is siphoning off remaining republican moderates" - True or false?

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
Re: Obama keeps appointing bright repubs to cabinet positions
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 11:49:08 PM »

"Obama is siphoning off remaining republican moderates 240 is an apologetic trailer trash" - True or false?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 05:42:43 AM »
He did it again tonight... NBC news is discussing his strategy to remove threats for 2016 by giving them jobs in his administration.  Governors and senators in vulnerable Republican states in the west and northeast.  He's letting them stay in the south.

These GOP members are fools for taking these poisitions unless they are solely looking for the $$$$ afterwards.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 06:19:15 AM »

Yep.  He is picking up the candidates that jumped ship on  Bush and then were scorned by the narrow minded minority base of the GOP.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 06:49:25 AM »
These GOP members are fools for taking these poisitions unless they are solely looking for the $$$$ afterwards.

Most of the people are millionaires alreay, by the time they reach governor status.  They're gonna be think-tank consultants for $1.5 to 2 million salary when they leave office, whether it's governor or some cabinet role. 

It has to be hard to tell the sitting president "no thanks" when he has a job for you.  People respect the office. 

Either way, that Utah guy seemed like a major threat to obama in the 2012 election.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 07:35:19 AM »

firstly, I wouldn't depend on any news reporting by NBC.......AT ALL!!!! They are so out of touch with reality. Secondly, even Chavez has mentioned that he is rather conservative compared to NOBAMA!!!! That is a statement I never thought I would hear!!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 07:50:21 AM »
firstly, I wouldn't depend on any news reporting by NBC.......AT ALL!!!! They are so out of touch with reality. Secondly, even Chavez has mentioned that he is rather conservative compared to NOBAMA!!!! That is a statement I never thought I would hear!!!!

well, the fact he's appointing these prominent and promising repubs to jobs in his cabinet isn't some left-wing dream.

They're facts.

NBC was analyzing his motives.  Is he a true bi-partisan in the vein of lincoln, hiring the most talented people, even from across the aisle and with diff political ideologies?

Or is he just making 2012 easier for himself by taking all the fresh faces and sending them to china?  :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 11:01:44 AM »
bump