Author Topic: Rush on board with new justice? Brown noser?  (Read 296 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Rush on board with new justice? Brown noser?
« on: June 04, 2009, 08:30:26 AM »
 ;D

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Limbaugh ready to support Sotomayor?
Posted: 08:30 AM ET

(CNN) — A week after calling Sonia Sotomayor a "racist" in reference to her 2001 "wise Latina" remarks, conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh said Wednesday he's now open to supporting President Obama's Supreme Court nominee.

"I can see a possibility of supporting this nomination if I can be convinced that she does have a sensibility toward life in a legal sense," Limbaugh said on his radio program.

Limbaugh's statement comes the same day former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, who himself derided Sotomayor as a "racist" last week, wrote in an op-ed that he regretted his choice of words.

On his show Wednesday, Limbaugh said his potential support of Sotomayor stems from the nominee's unclear stance on abortion coupled with the fact that she is a Catholic.

"I don't know that it will ever happen, but if you know, the opportunity to get somebody like her, she's a Catholic, she's a devout Catholic, she's a Hispanic Catholic, Puerto Rican, they tend to be devout, she hasn't got a record on this. Normally liberals do have a record," Limbaugh said.

But, unlike Gingrich, the conservative talker did not back away from his contention Sotomayor is a racist.

I didn't know why he retracted it," Limabaugh said of Gingrich. "What is it? It's racism, reverse racism, whatever, but it's still racism, and she would bring a form of racism and bigotry to the court. But as I said yesterday, folks, I'm — I'm — I may look past that.

Meanwhile, Obama officials have said the president has not directly asked Sotomayor how she might rule in abortion rights cases, but California Democrat Dianne Feinstein — who met with Sotomayor Tuesday — said that the judge believes strongly in legal precedent.

"I believe she has a real respect for precedent and … if that is really true then I will agree with her, and I believe it is," said Feinstein, a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Rush on board with new justice? Brown noser?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 09:11:20 AM »
he, newt, and pawlenty all decided - yesterday - that they wanted to play nice with sotomayor.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 09:16:52 AM »
he, newt, and pawlenty all decided - yesterday - that they wanted to play nice with sotomayor.

Seems like they didn't want a hispanic backlash and have all changed tune. 
Abandon every hope...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 09:26:13 AM »
I assume they all apologized for calling her a racist