Author Topic: Chris Jericho's "physique"  (Read 9308 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Chris Jericho's "physique"
« on: June 05, 2009, 06:10:49 PM »
I caught a bit of Smackdown tonight and WOW has his build gone down the shitter....he has a wide torso anyway and is VERY short....combine that with a complete lack of working out and he doesn't even look like himself.  Was he tagged in a juice test, or ?  Has anybody heard rumors, etc... ?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Chris Jericho's "physique"
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 06:39:08 PM »
Take this crap somewhere else, Show…
This ain’t no bodybuilding forum.

;D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 06:45:36 PM »
haha, I ask for that one.  I was just shocked because I hadn't seen him awhile.  He looked terrible.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 08:03:11 PM »
You don't care for Y2J?

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 09:16:57 AM »
This is quite a few years ago:

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 10:06:07 AM »

I never liked any of his angles. For me honestly the guy was never in it for the fans. The guy always put off a negative Aura. He's a phony Bologna. He's swimming in his own failure. He failed at other ventures and came back to the Fans. Why do the fans welcome him back? Because we love the show! The guy doesn't deserve the loyalty the fans have shown him. The guy will walk out on us again first chance he gets. A bologna sandwich............

are you some sort of retard?
no seriously...

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 02:06:20 PM »
jerchio'sbody sucks must use the same juice program as roddy piper, he does have ring skills and great on the mike draws major heat.
F

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 04:26:22 PM »
I just never liked the guy. What was so great about him? I say "what was.." because he's definitely at the end of his career. Those silly hair styles? How he always acted like he was Mr. Hip Dude on those VH1 specials. You could see through that clown like a pane of glass. To me the guys heart was never in it. Why did he come back to Wrestling? Is it the love of the fans? Or is it because his Hollywood career went no where? Just an example. Look at Rey. The guys all heart and all about the fans. Now compare him to Jericho. Can you not see this?

the fact that you said that Chris Jericho struck you as a guy whose "heart was never in it" shows me that your aptitude on professional wrestling is next to nil.

yes, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it but your opinions are really bad.

please, don't ever comment on pro wrestling ever again as you, obviously, no nothing about it

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 04:45:12 PM »
Jericho's work has never been better IMO. The guy has been in the buisiness for almost 20 years and has put on great matches all around the world.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 05:19:26 PM »
Jericho was – and is – a fantastic worker. Great on the mic. and in the ring. He was a full time pro wrestler for a long time, and working on WCW’s, and even more so, the WWF’s schedule, is no easy task.

Lots of top dogs take/have taken time off to either pursue other interests, or just plain relax – Taker, HBK, Hogan, Piper, Rock, Austin, etc., and they all still get problems that catch up with them eventually.
It’s not an easy life.
I knew two indy guys who turned down tryouts with WWE simply because they wanted no parts of that scene because they understand what it’s like.

Probably a little harsh to say Y2J has no heart for the business. I doubt he would have developed that kind of skill and stuck around for as long as he has if he didn’t – especially when he was working for peanuts in SMW, ECW, and even smaller venues.

I can’t blame anyone for trying to pursue outside interests, particularly later in their lives (Jericho’s no spring chicken).
He tried and didn’t get the results he was hoping for, so he came back.
Who knows? He may have set some kind of deadline for himself where, if he didn’t make it in Hollywood or whatever, he would return to the ring.

Many careers in wrestling are short. Jericho’s time will eventually run out regardless of how much of his heart is in it.
Every man has the right to look to and plan for his future.

Life is business.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 05:25:13 PM »
Hogan, Rock, Cena, all have branched out of wrestling, strike while the iron is hot. You can't stay in wrestling if you don't have the heart for it i.e. Brock.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 04:07:42 AM »
Hogan, Rock, Cena, all have branched out of wrestling, strike while the iron is hot. You can't stay in wrestling if you don't have the heart for it i.e. Brock.
That and also the lures of more money. Look how well the rock did for himself. Why make 600,000 a year taking bumps, bruises and recieving concusions when you can make millions making movies? As for Brock, he always wanted to do something athletic. Football didn't work, he didn't want to wrestle anymore. He fits in perfectly with MMA.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 09:09:00 AM »
In-ring, Jericho still looked very good.  Mic skill wise, the other night was terrible, but it could have been part of the angle.  I thought his best was in WCW when fueding with Eddy.....offering Eddy a job detailing his El Camino....and with Malenko and the cardboard cutout.  And his inring work during that time was excellent.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2009, 05:19:35 PM »
He'd even oiled up his legs the other night...  :-\

Someone buy that man a gym membership.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2009, 05:08:00 AM »
Jericho needs to get on something asap. Even something small like anavar and deca. His waist is too big for his body, he has no lats whatsoever and he needs to cap off those delts IMO.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2009, 05:44:07 AM »
Ross used to get on those guys a lot when he was Sr. VP of Talent Relations. He even got Paul Wight down to about 455 after "Show" ballooned up quite nicely around the turn of the century.

I wonder if Vince would be as tolerating of things like this now if so much of his upper card guys weren’t out for various reasons.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2009, 11:25:10 AM »
His face looks super tired all the time as well. He definitely has seen better days.

When he comes out I feel like bathing him in coffee to wake him up a bit. Great talker though.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2009, 12:25:26 PM »
when all is said and done chris j never and i repeat never misses time for injuries yet he does pretty much in the ring, as opposed to a batista who looks great but mostly slugs around in the ring and is an injury ready to happen. the best i remember is when batista was supposed to be clotheslined out of the ring, he got hung up on the top rope and started to kick his legs and only after great effort did he make it over the top rope and then the apron, and what seemed like 30 seconds later finally the floor for a much needed rest.....
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2009, 01:10:06 PM »
Jericho's work has never been better IMO. The guy has been in the buisiness for almost 20 years and has put on great matches all around the world.
I love the code cracker.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2009, 03:35:32 PM »
HBK vs Y2J is one of the best matches ever. from wrestlemania 19 (?) the angle brock one.

I get them all mixed up now.  lol
Flower Boy Ran Away

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2009, 04:46:40 AM »
HBK vs Y2J is one of the best matches ever. from wrestlemania 19 (?) the angle brock one.

I get them all mixed up now.  lol
Angle & Brock Lesner stole the show there.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2009, 01:49:56 PM »

yeah, but Brock fucked up the finish with the botched Shooting Brock Press..

still a great match, but that move made it a bit bittersweet IMO.
Flower Boy Ran Away

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2009, 05:37:40 PM »

i was there in person, and ur out of your mind.

the hbk/jericho match was TONS better.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2009, 05:14:44 AM »
I wasn't crazy about the y2j vs michaels match.

As for Brock, I honestly thought he brock his neck that match. I don't know how the hell he got up after that. A shooting star press three quarters of the way across the ring by a 300lb guy is crazy stuff.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2009, 01:40:35 PM »
I agree. even though he botched it it was still an amazing spot.

I think Brock could have been one of the best ever had he not cut his career short.

he had a rare combo of size, strength, speed and he could wrestle with the likes of Angle.

he was not one dimensional like most powerhouses..
Flower Boy Ran Away