Author Topic: Extreme Rules Predictions/Discussion Thread  (Read 2058 times)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Extreme Rules Predictions/Discussion Thread
« on: June 06, 2009, 09:22:41 AM »
What does everyone think?

- WWE Championship Randy Orton vs. Batista (Steel Cage Match)

- World Heavyweight Championship Edge vs. Jeff Hardy (Ladder Match)

- John Cena vs. Big Show (Submission Match)

- ECW Championship Christian vs. Jack Swagger vs. Tommy Dreamer (Triple Threat Hardcore Rules Match)

- Intercontinental Championship Rey Mysterio vs. Chris Jericho (No Holds Barred Match)

- United States Championship Kofi Kingston vs. MVP vs. William Regal vs. Matt Hardy (Fatal Four Way Match)

- CM Punk vs. Umaga (Samoan Strap Match)

- Miss WrestleMania Vickie Guerrero vs. Santina Marella (Hog Pen Match)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: Extreme Rules Predictions
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 09:30:26 AM »

Randy Orton to win, HHH will interfere and cost Batista the win.

Edge to retain.

John Cena.  He'll probably get his ass kicked for 20 minutes then somehow win.

- ECW Championship Christian vs. Jack Swagger vs. Tommy Dreamer (Triple Threat Hardcore Rules Match)
Tommy Dreamer to win.

- Intercontinental Championship Rey Mysterio vs. Chris Jericho (No Holds Barred Match)
I think Jericho will win this one.  Can't see him unmasking Rey anytime soon though.

- United States Championship Kofi Kingston vs. MVP vs. William Regal vs. Matt Hardy (Fatal Four Way Match)
Kingston's only just won it, but I think they'll give it to someone else.  Probably Matt Hardy.

CM Punk.

Vickie Guerrero wins and hopefully ends this Santino/Santina rubbish.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 04:53:20 PM »

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 08:25:09 PM »
Definite lack of responses here!

Oh well, Mass wins with 5 correct.  Me in second with 4!!!

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 08:31:18 PM »
lol this took off. ;D Im suprised Batista went over assuming this is true..

PWInsider has confirmed that Batista has suffered a torn bicep and is scheduled to have surgery this coming Tuesday.

Batista will still be working the Extreme Rules show tonight. As of a few hours ago, he was also written into tomorrow’s RAW. Expect the injury will be worked into WWE storylines also.

There’s no word yet on the severity of the tear or how long Batista is expected out of action, but a few people have been wondering if the injury will mean an imminent return for Triple H.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 08:36:14 PM »
lol this took off. ;D Im suprised Batista went over assuming this is true..

PWInsider has confirmed that Batista has suffered a torn bicep and is scheduled to have surgery this coming Tuesday.

Batista will still be working the Extreme Rules show tonight. As of a few hours ago, he was also written into tomorrow’s RAW. Expect the injury will be worked into WWE storylines also.

There’s no word yet on the severity of the tear or how long Batista is expected out of action, but a few people have been wondering if the injury will mean an imminent return for Triple H.

I hadn't heard that.  It's a bit strange if he has got a torn biceps to give him the title like that, unless they're gonna give it straight to HHH in the next couple of weeks.  I was expecting HHH to appear tonight and cost him the win, if he's injured they could have let Orton punt him again and use that to give him time off for surgery.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 08:41:39 PM »
Results

Matches Stipulations
Dark Mickie James and Kelly Kelly defeated Beth Phoenix and Rosa Mendes Tag Team match
1 Kofi Kingston (c) defeated Montel Vontavious Porter, William Regal and Matt Hardy Fatal Four-Way match for the WWE United States Championship
2 Chris Jericho defeated Rey Mysterio  No Holds Barred match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
3 CM Punk defeated Umaga Samoan Strap match
4 Tommy Dreamer defeated Christian (c) and Jack Swagger Triple Threat Hardcore match for the ECW Championship
5 Santina Marella defeated Vickie Guerrero (c) (with Chavo Guerrero)Hog Pen match for the title of "Miss WrestleMania"
6 Batista defeated Randy Orton (c)Steel Cage match for the WWE Championship
7 John Cena defeated The Big Show Submission match
8 Jeff Hardy defeated Edge (c)Ladder match for the World Heavyweight Championship
9 CM Punk defeated Jeff Hardy (c) Singles match for the World Heavyweight Championship

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 09:58:13 AM »
Kofi Kingston (c) defeated Montel Vontavious Porter, William Regal and Matt Hardy Fatal Four-Way match for the WWE United States Championship

Decent match, couple of moves missed though.  I was surprised to see Kofi retain against these 3 opponents.  I hope they give Kingston some mic time and maybe bring him on a bit, he's got potential.

Chris Jericho defeated Rey Mysterio  No Holds Barred match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship

Good match, as you would expect from these two.  I thought Jericho would win it, but I didn't think he'd unmask Rey, so that was a bit of a shock.  I can't see the mask staying off though, as WWE can't afford to lose those merchandise sales.

CM Punk defeated Umaga Samoan Strap match

Not bad, but I don't really like this stipulation.  I got a bit bored through this one and would have preferred a basic one on one match.

Tommy Dreamer defeated Christian (c) and Jack Swagger Triple Threat Hardcore match for the ECW Championship

Good to see Dreamer win, even better to see Swagger get smacked around with anything they could find.

Santina Marella defeated Vickie Guerrero (c) (with Chavo Guerrero)Hog Pen match for the title of "Miss WrestleMania"

Sick of this gimmick, wish they would end it now.  Pointless match and dragged out for far too long at the end.

Batista defeated Randy Orton (c)Steel Cage match for the WWE Championship

Poor match in my opinion.  Orton has to work at such a slow rate with a guy like Batista, so the match looked lethargic.  No big spots really, and it seemed to just end.

John Cena defeated The Big Show Submission match

Decent match, can't complain.  The STFU with Big Show's foot in the ropes didn't work.  Also, surely in a submission hold, your opponent has to get to the ropes to break the hold.  Big Show was under the ropes when Cena got the win.  How does that work?

Jeff Hardy defeated Edge (c)Ladder match for the World Heavyweight Championship

Good match, some crazy moments.  Probably best of the night for me.  I thought Jeff was legit hurt when they both came down onto the ladder outside the ring.  Nice ending as well.

CM Punk defeated Jeff Hardy (c) Singles match for the World Heavyweight Championship

I like Punk, but I'd prefer to see him take the title off a heel.  I was really pleased for Jeff to get the title again, then it was a bit of a letdown for him to lose it straight away.

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Extreme Rules Predictions/Discussion Thread
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 10:02:09 AM »
I agree with all you said, I think Rey-Jericho was MOTY so far.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 04:06:22 AM »
I just don't get how it works? Orton just won the belt after a long drawn out fued with HHH and the McMahons. And now he lost it already to The Animal with barely any build up? Suppose Batista didn't tear his muscle? Where would they have gone with this? I am a fan for life. But this is getting to be toooooo much!
I'm surprised that they even made the title change hands knowing full well that Batista tore his biceps the night before at a house show.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 06:39:53 AM »
So how are they gonna play out what happened last night?  Batista's arm was 'broken', so he's out, Orton had his rematch, but the ref stopped counting when HHH appeared.  Surely, Batista still didn't answer the 10 count, so Orton should have won?

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 07:27:33 AM »
So how are they gonna play out what happened last night?  Batista's arm was 'broken', so he's out, Orton had his rematch, but the ref stopped counting when HHH appeared.  Surely, Batista still didn't answer the 10 count, so Orton should have won?
Its already been played out on raw last night. Batista was jumped by the legacy and they did "damage" to his left arm. He was carted out by ambulance and thus, out for a while. Triple HHH interupted Orton in the main event which Orton thought he was going to win his rematch by default. It ended up in a schmauz and HHH lumped out the legacy with a sledge hammer. The title is still up in the air as it was never won, nor has it been given up by Batista, so we'll have to wait and see what they do.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 08:37:55 AM »
I think that they should have a battle royal for the title and have Edge come out of no where and win it. Turn Punk heel on Smackdown to take his place. This will freshen up the Raw main event scene for a bit.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 08:59:34 AM »
Its already been played out on raw last night. Batista was jumped by the legacy and they did "damage" to his left arm. He was carted out by ambulance and thus, out for a while. Triple HHH interupted Orton in the main event which Orton thought he was going to win his rematch by default. It ended up in a schmauz and HHH lumped out the legacy with a sledge hammer. The title is still up in the air as it was never won, nor has it been given up by Batista, so we'll have to wait and see what they do.

Yeah, I was just speculating because the bell was rung to start the match, then the ref stopped the count.  So this could mean that Batista is 'disqualified' because HHH interfered, then Orton would 'win' the match, but Batista would still retain.

I'm guessing they want to see how the surgery goes before making any decisions.