Author Topic: Next frontier? Polygamists demand multi-sex marriage  (Read 18504 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Next frontier? Polygamists demand multi-sex marriage
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2009, 12:45:47 PM »
Wo cares?

It seems the more christian one is the more things in life there are to be scared about.

seems weird to me since they already have their ticket to heaven (great song by Dire Straights)

Why not just chill and wait for the never ending party with Jesus and his Daddy

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2009, 12:49:05 PM »
It seems the more christian one is the more things in life there are to be scared about.

seems weird to me since they already have their ticket to heaven (great song by Dire Straights)

Why not just chill and wait for the never ending party with Jesus and his Daddy

People worry about the weirdest things. The US is a strange place.
I hate the State.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2009, 03:32:52 PM »
Not surprised. 

QUEERLY BELOVED
Next frontier? Polygamists demand multi-sex marriage
Activists: New Hampshire plan embeds bigotry into state law
Posted: June 05, 2009
10:30 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

A polygamy advocacy organization says the New Hampshire law that is intended to assure "equal access to marriage" for all instead specifically embeds in state statutes bigotry against polygamists.

New Hampshire's capitol

According to a statement posted on the Pro-Polygamy website, when on Wednesday New Hampshire "became the sixth U.S. State to codify the legal construction of same sex marriage," it was hailed by homosexuals as a "civil rights victory."

"Declaring that the new law advances fairness and equality for all, they proclaimed that New Hampshire had supposedly 'ended discrimination' for everyone," the statement said.

"But the law did no such thing. Rather, it intentionally 'discriminates' against consenting adult polygamists – indeed, on purpose," the organization said.

The fact that polygamists, and indeed those with other sexual proclivities, would use the same "civil rights" and "equality" arguments forwarded by homosexuals seeking "marriage" rights has been predicted for years.

"Polygamists, and those who have a polygamous 'orientation,' have been 'singled out' by these provisions for much more severe treatment than merely denial of favored status... The court's disposition today suggests that these provisions are unconstitutional; and that polygamy must be permitted in these states... – unless, of course, polygamists for some reason have fewer constitutional rights than homosexuals," Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia wrote in 1996.

That came in a U.S. Supreme Court opinion quashing the decision of Colorado voters who decided there should be a constitutional provision providing, "No Protected Status Based on Homosexual, Lesbian, or Bisexual Orientation."

The court majority there decided Colorado voters were guilty of "impermissible targeting" of a "class" of people.

Learn how homosexuality has been sold to America. Get "The Marketing of Evil: How Radicals, Elitists, and Pseudo-Experts Sell Us Corruption Disguised as Freedom"

Scalia noted that the same arguments being applied to homosexuals as a class also could be applied to polygamists. Then in 2003, the U.S. Supreme Court struck down state laws forbidding homosexuality. The Lawrence vs. Texas case established a "right to privacy" for consenting adults.

Once again dissenting, Scalia wrote, "State laws against bigamy, same-sex marriage, adult incest, prostitution, masturbation, adultery, fornication, bestiality, and obscenity are likewise sustainable only in light of [a] validation of laws based on moral choices. Every single one of these laws is called into question by today's decision…"

"This effectively decrees the end of all morals legislation," Scalia wrote.

WND founder and editor Joseph Farah, who has been writing commentary on social issues for years, also cited the 2003 Lawrence ruling in writing:

"To say laws about private sexual conduct are unconstitutional, the court, in effect, opened a sexual Pandora's box," he said. "If there is a constitutional right to have homosexual sex, how can one deny there is a constitutional right to group sex? How can one deny there is a constitutional right to consensual incest? How can one deny there is a right to have sex with animals? How can one deny there is a constitutional right to polygamy?

"You can't. There is no difference," he wrote.

His conclusion was that the court was wrong: "There is no constitutional right to homosexual sex – or any other kind of sex for that matter. The word sex doesn't appear in the Constitution."

The issue came up again only a year ago, when the California state Supreme Court ruled the state could not deny the designation of "marriaged" to homosexual couples. That court opinion was tossed out last November by a vote of the people, who defined "marriage" as being between one man and one woman.

In a dissent to that court opinion, Associate Justice Marvin R. Baxter cited similar concerns.

"The majority … simply does not have the right to erase, then recast, the age-old definition of marriage, as virtually all societies have understood it, in order to satisfy its own contemporary notions of equality and justice. The California Constitution says nothing about the rights of same-sex couples to marry. On the contrary, as the majority concedes, our original Constitution, effective from the moment of statehood, evidenced an assumption that marriage was between partners of the opposite sex," Baxter wrote at the time.

Then he issued a warning:

"Who can say that, in 10, 15, or 20 years, an activist court might not rely on the majority's analysis to conclude, on the basis of a perceived evolution in community values, that the laws prohibiting polygamous and incestuous marriages were no longer constitutionally justified?"

According to the activist Pro-Polygamy, the New Hampshire plan specifically includes discrimination in its wording. It was the sixth state to "act" on homosexual marriage. Several states have voted it in through the legislative process and in several other states officials have simply imposed same-sex "marriage" plans on residents following court opinions, even though state laws have even yet to be changed.

The polygamy activists said the new law now affirms the "right" of two individuals to marry.

"However, the new law then took the matter further, with intentional 'discrimination.' The new [law] now ends with a newly added anti-polygamy provision," the group said, citing the new statement: "No person shall be allowed to be married to more than one person at any given time."

"Same sex marriage supporters had intentionally changed the combined anti-incest and anti-gay-marriage ban into a combined anti-incest and anti-polygamy ban instead. They intentionally re-directed the law to purposely 'discriminate' against consenting adult polygamists - the clearly known bigotry of equating consenting adult polygamy with the biological dysfunction of incest," the group said.

"After purposely 'discriminating' against consenting adult polygamists, the new law startlingly then allows for under-aged heterosexual marriage while it bans under-aged same sex marriage," the group said.

The state now limits heterosexual marriages to boys 14 and girls 13 and older. But those same-sex "marriages" are limited to those 18 and over.

"In truth, therefore, New Hampshire's new gay marriage law does not end 'discrimination' at all. It absolutely does not provide 'equal access to marriage' for all. Rather, New Hampshire's new same sex marriage law intentionally 'discriminates' against consenting adult polygamists," the report said.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=100287

File this under the "We told you so" folder, Beach!!!

For years, gay activists have screamed that legalizing gay "marriage" would never lead to polygamy and that polygamists could not use the same arguments for their cause that gay activists use for legalizing gay "marriage".

Of course, they conveniently ignore that, in the very place where this stuff started, polygamy is already legal, for all practical purposes. Does the name "De Bruijn" ring a bell?

That is the last name of the participants of the first polygamist civil union in the Netherlands, performed in 2005. That is, Victor De Bruijn and his two "wives", Bianca and Mirjam.

Your article brings up an interesting issue: Why were gay "marriage" supporters insisting on an anti-incest law, since gay "marriage" proponents like downplaying the issue of procreation, when it comes to marriage, incest should technically be on the table. After all, two gay brothers can't procreate with each other (nor can two gay sisters).

But, that would leave the door open for opposite-sex siblings. Don't they have the "right" to procreate, even if it results in likely-deformed children?

Bottom line: The "slippery slope" that some folks claimed would never come to fruition has done just that.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2009, 03:37:00 PM »
McWay - how does it affect you if a few polygamists get married or even gays for that matter.

There are already many countries around the world that allow it and also some states in the US.

What has the effect been on your life?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2009, 03:47:35 PM »
McWay - how does it affect you if a few polygamists get married or even gays for that matter.

There are already many countries around the world that allow it and also some states in the US.

No states allow this in this country, first of all.

As for the effect it has in my life, it affects my right to participate in public policy. For stating that such is wrong (depending on the circumstance), I could be charged with a "hate crime".

If something has the potential to adversely affect me, I would rather deal with it, BEFORE it becomes a problem, not after.

I think the Miss California issue put to rest the extremely-tired and woefully false canard, which you and others) keep trying to prop up, that legalizing gay "marriage" doesn't affect anyone.

Then again, this would be under the GROSS assumption that you NEVER vote on issues that don't affect you directly.  ::)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2009, 03:48:39 PM »
People worry about the weirdest things. The US is a strange place.

Yep, like screaming and hollering about Someone that they don't believe to exist.

;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2009, 03:53:22 PM »
No states allow this in this country, first of all.

As for the effect it has in my life, it affects my right to participate in public policy. For stating that such is wrong (depending on the circumstance), I could be charged with a "hate crime".

If something has the potential to adversely affect me, I would rather deal with it, BEFORE it becomes a problem, not after.

I think the Miss California issue put to rest the extremely-tired and woefully false canard, which you and others) keep trying to prop up, that legalizing gay "marriage" doesn't affect anyone.

Then again, this would be under the GROSS assumption that you NEVER vote on issues that don't affect you directly.  ::)

regarding the states - I'm talking about gay marriage and you can't be charged with a hate crime for merely stating that you think something is wrong

Again, gays are already legally allowed to get married.

What has been the effect on you so far?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2009, 04:01:46 PM »

Isn't it obvious? It's bad enough he has a hard time pulling chicks,
...but if the Alpha males were allowed to have more than one wife,
a beta model like him would be relegated to a tub of vasoline, thumbelina & her 4 sisters for the rest of his life.
w

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2009, 04:04:58 PM »
a beta model like him would be relegated to a tub of vasoline, thumbelina & her 4 sisters for the rest of his life.

thumbelina - LOL

all jokes aside - I believe you are correct that there is certainly fear on the other side of these arguments but I'm trying to find out fear of what exactly.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2009, 04:20:47 PM »
Yep, like screaming and hollering about Someone that they don't believe to exist.

;D

The only reason people bother to do that is because people like you insist on screaming and preaching to people about talking snakes in magic gardens.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2009, 04:27:12 PM »
For the 2nd time, who fucking cares about this shit?
I hate the State.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2009, 04:29:20 PM »

Well, considering that, in approximately three weeks, I'll be celebrating my SEVENTH wedding anniversary, I can safely file this under the "Jaguar: Open Mouth, Insert Foot" file (which is far too overstuffed as it is).

OOPS!! I better not say that; she might sent me another "angry buck-toothed critter" picture!!!

;D

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2009, 04:31:39 PM »
Well, considering that, in approximately three weeks, I'll be celebrating my SEVENTH wedding anniversary, I can safely file this under the "Jaguar: Open Mouth, Insert Foot" file (which is far too overstuffed as it is).

OOPS!! I better not say that; she might sent me another "angry buck-toothed critter" picture!!!

;D

If it were up to you, would you force people to get married? For example, would you make children 'out of wedlock' illegal?
I hate the State.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2009, 04:32:35 PM »
The only reason people bother to do that is because people like you insist on screaming and preaching to people about talking snakes in magic gardens.

AWWW!! What's the matter? Not enough of your buddies, bowing before the shrine of "Goo", today?

;D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2009, 04:34:04 PM »
If it were up to you, would you force people to get married? For example, would you make children 'out of wedlock' illegal?

Nope!!!

This is the part, where you go, "WHEW"!!

;)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2009, 04:37:26 PM »
AWWW!! What's the matter? Not enough of your buddies, bowing before the shrine of "Goo", today?

;D

No idea what you are talking about.
I hate the State.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2009, 04:52:24 PM »

;D

Is this better?
I hope so, ...it'll have to do. I hear the ice cream truck coming.  :D

w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2009, 06:13:44 PM »
next frontier?  huh? lololol....  uh, beach, they've wanted and had pior polygamy rights a lot longer than gays have been making an issue of it here.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2009, 06:22:21 PM »
Wo cares?

Exactly.  There are present day polygamist already.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2009, 03:06:22 AM »
Exactly.  There are present day polygamist already.

BB and MCWAY represent many of the things that are wrong with the country, in particular not having their priorities straight.
I hate the State.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2009, 04:51:53 AM »

I'm not arsed at all about polygamy; it doesn't effect my life. But... that said it do have overtures of male dominance which I'd have thought a "women" with an 160 IQ would protest against? If you're down with women as objects, that's fine.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2009, 04:55:12 AM »
Is this better?
I hope so, ...it'll have to do. I hear the ice cream truck coming.  :D

Let me guess: You're selling supplements and that's your "Before" picture (I hope).

;D

BB and MCWAY represent many of the things that are wrong with the country, in particular not having their priorities straight.

Please enlighten us, O great Ozmo, as to what our priorities should be!!!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2009, 05:26:56 AM »
Let me guess: You're selling supplements and that's your "Before" picture (I hope).

;D

Please enlighten us, O great Ozmo, as to what our priorities should be!!!

Economy/fiscal policy, foreign policy.
I hate the State.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2009, 06:03:39 AM »
I'm not arsed at all about polygamy; it doesn't effect my life. But... that said it do have overtures of male dominance which I'd have thought a "women" with an 160 IQ would protest against? If you're down with women as objects, that's fine.

She can't reach 160IQ even if she combine all the IQ tests scores she ever took and multiply them by 50  ;D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2009, 06:13:57 AM »
Economy/fiscal policy, foreign policy.

Check that!! That was YOUR post, not that of Ozmo (Sorry, about that!!)

As for your claim regarding foreign policy, I've made my statements about that, loud and clear, namely my concern about Obama's rump-smooching approach to such.

Ecomonic polices, that's a simple one too. Until we send Team "Tax-and-Spend" to the unemployment line (to unfortunately joins millions of other Americans), our economy is BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGG trouble.

But, neither is the topic of this thread.