Author Topic: Next frontier? Polygamists demand multi-sex marriage  (Read 18849 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Next frontier? Polygamists demand multi-sex marriage
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2009, 07:10:11 AM »

Please enlighten us, O great Ozmo, as to what our priorities should be!!!

??

I didn't say anything about your priorities McWay. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2009, 07:12:43 AM »
??

I did. It boggles the mind that people like MCWAY can actually care about something that goes on in a state far away from them. Don't get it and never will.
I hate the State.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2009, 07:14:51 AM »
I did. It boggles the mind that people like MCWAY can actually care about something that goes on in a state far away from them. Don't get it and never will.

This is a politics board, 90% of what's discussed here doesn't directly affect the person.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2009, 07:17:05 AM »
This is an American politics board, 90% of what's discussed here doesn't directly affect the person.

Fixed.
I hate the State.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2009, 07:30:36 AM »
Let me guess: You're selling supplements and that's your "Before" picture (I hope).

;D

Oh Shush! I'm not talking to you anymore. By responding to you... I missed the icecream truck.  :'(
w

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2009, 07:32:37 AM »
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2009, 08:09:11 AM »
This is a politics board, 90% of what's discussed here doesn't directly affect the person.

How many of us even know any polygamists or triads in the first place.

I live in the bay area and I don't know any

just another fake issue for social conservatives to get their panties in a knot about

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2009, 08:22:39 AM »
??

I know that. That's why I apologized.

Exactly!!! But, the PC rule is that conservaties aren't supposed to talk or discuss the issue

It may boggle YOUR mind. But, those who frequently use their common sense know that things in other states can have an impact on others. Even liberals know this. After all, it was San Fran's mayor who say, "As California goes, so goes America".

Some people refer to it as being "proactive" vs. "reactive". As it relates to the issue of marriage, you don't wait until your state court rules that defining marriage as a 1M-1W union is "unconstitutional". That's what several states have done, including my favorite one, Florida.

just another fake issue for social conservatives to get their panties in a knot about

Wrong again, Straw Man.

As stated earlier, the big canard from gay activists was that gay "marriage" wouldn't lead to polygamy in the Western World. Again, cue the De Bruijns from the Netherlands, the very place where gay "marriage" got started (which some thought would never come to the USA).

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2009, 08:24:18 AM »

I used to do a lot of business in Utah and still have friends there.  None of them are polygamists, however they have told me, they do exists and  they are easy to spot.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2009, 08:25:59 AM »
I know that. That's why I apologized.

Exactly!!! But, the PC rule is that conservaties aren't supposed to talk or discuss the issue

Sorry didn't see that.

Throw PC out the window.  Discuss, discuss, discuss!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2009, 08:27:42 AM »
Wrong again, Straw Man.

As stated earlier, the big canard from gay activists was that gay "marriage" wouldn't lead to polygamy in the Western World. Again, cue the De Bruijns from the Netherlands, the very place where gay "marriage" got started (which some thought would never come to the USA).

really - I've never heard that even once.  Can you show me a source for this claim?

You still haven't explained to me how any type of marriage affects you personally and why I should care about your point of view

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2009, 08:31:09 AM »
really - I've never heard that even once.  Can you show me a source for this claim?

You still haven't explained to me how any type of marriage affects you personally and why I should care about your point of view

This is one of the reasons why I left the US.
I hate the State.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2009, 08:32:04 AM »
Oh Shush! I'm not talking to you anymore. By responding to you... I missed the icecream truck.  :'(

For that, I deeply apologize. Far be it from me to interfere with your dietary regime. After all, we have to make sure you keep that junk in the trunk (I like ‘em thick)!!!

;D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2009, 08:33:41 AM »

Actually, I did (at least, with the former). You might want to brush up on your reading.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2009, 08:36:31 AM »
Actually, I did (at least, with the former). You might want to brush up on your reading.

Translation=Christians can't mind their own business.
I hate the State.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2009, 08:44:53 AM »

you mean this silly and incorrect statement:

As for the effect it has in my life, it affects my right to participate in public policy. For stating that such is wrong (depending on the circumstance), I could be charged with a "hate crime".

If something has the potential to adversely affect me, I would rather deal with it, BEFORE it becomes a problem, not after.

I already responded remember:

regarding the states - I'm talking about gay marriage and you can't be charged with a hate crime for merely stating that you think something is wrong
Again, gays are already legally allowed to get married.

What has been the effect on you so far?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2009, 09:08:56 AM »
you mean this silly and incorrect statement:

I already responded remember:

The statement is neither, especially considering most recently (on top of the public policy issues), a family member of mine was recently fired, because someone overheard a statement made, regarding that family member's not attending "committment ceremony" celebration for a lesbian co-worker. And gay "marriage" isn't even legal in my home state.

And, yes you CAN be charged with a "hate crime" for stating that gay "marriage" (and/or homosexuality is wrong).

Here are a few examples:

Madison, Wisconsin. David Ott, a former homosexual, was arrested for a "hate crime" for sharing his testimony with a homosexual at a gas station. He faced a $10,000 fine and one year behind bars. Seven thousand dollars in legal fees later, he was ordered to attend re-education classes at the University of Wisconsin conducted by a lesbian.

St. Petersburg, Florida. Five Christians including two pastors were arrested at a homosexual rally for stepping onto the public sidewalk instead staying caged in their officially designated "free speech zone."

Elmira, New York. The Elmira police arrested seven Christians for praying in a public park where a homosexual festival was getting started.

Crystal Lake, Illinois. Two 16 year old girls are facing felony "hate crime" charges for the content of their flyers.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Arlene Elshinnawy, a 75-year-old grandmother of three, and Linda Beckman, a 70-year-old grandmother of 10 (along with nine others), were arrested for sharing their faith on the public sidewalk.

http://www.jbs.org/jbs-news-feed/1540-hate-crimes-legislation-added-to-defense-bill

So, yet again, another claim that "such-and-such" will never happen, if gay "marriage" gets legalized bites the dust.

Translation=Christians can't mind their own business.

When it affect public policy, it becomes MY business, as well as that of any other member of society. That's why we VOTE on issues like these.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2009, 10:39:31 AM »
The statement is neither, especially considering most recently (on top of the public policy issues), a family member of mine was recently fired, because someone overheard a statement made, regarding that family member's not attending "committment ceremony" celebration for a lesbian co-worker. And gay "marriage" isn't even legal in my home state.

And, yes you CAN be charged with a "hate crime" for stating that gay "marriage" (and/or homosexuality is wrong).

Here are a few examples:

Madison, Wisconsin. David Ott, a former homosexual, was arrested for a "hate crime" for sharing his testimony with a homosexual at a gas station. He faced a $10,000 fine and one year behind bars. Seven thousand dollars in legal fees later, he was ordered to attend re-education classes at the University of Wisconsin conducted by a lesbian.

St. Petersburg, Florida. Five Christians including two pastors were arrested at a homosexual rally for stepping onto the public sidewalk instead staying caged in their officially designated "free speech zone."

Elmira, New York. The Elmira police arrested seven Christians for praying in a public park where a homosexual festival was getting started.

Crystal Lake, Illinois. Two 16 year old girls are facing felony "hate crime" charges for the content of their flyers.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Arlene Elshinnawy, a 75-year-old grandmother of three, and Linda Beckman, a 70-year-old grandmother of 10 (along with nine others), were arrested for sharing their faith on the public sidewalk.

http://www.jbs.org/jbs-news-feed/1540-hate-crimes-legislation-added-to-defense-bill

So, yet again, another claim that "such-and-such" will never happen, if gay "marriage" gets legalized bites the dust.

When it affect public policy, it becomes MY business, as well as that of any other member of society. That's why we VOTE on issues like these.

were these all "Hate Crimes" or were they arrested for various other reasons.

when they were "testifying" and "sharing their faith" were they also harrassing or intimidating people?

I'd like to know the content on those girls poster, where they posted it, the circumstances, etc..

You make it sound like if you simply state that you oppose gay marriage that the police are going to come throw you in jail

btw - what exactly is your argument.  Gay marriage is largely not legal yet people have already been charged for hate crimes (most likely for intimidation and threats) so what will change when it is legal.  You still can't harass them or intimidate them either way

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2009, 12:03:11 PM »
i think that was jerry buss lol

Nah.  He usally only has one.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2009, 12:33:14 PM »
File this under the "We told you so" folder, Beach!!!

For years, gay activists have screamed that legalizing gay "marriage" would never lead to polygamy and that polygamists could not use the same arguments for their cause that gay activists use for legalizing gay "marriage".

Of course, they conveniently ignore that, in the very place where this stuff started, polygamy is already legal, for all practical purposes. Does the name "De Bruijn" ring a bell?

That is the last name of the participants of the first polygamist civil union in the Netherlands, performed in 2005. That is, Victor De Bruijn and his two "wives", Bianca and Mirjam.

Your article brings up an interesting issue: Why were gay "marriage" supporters insisting on an anti-incest law, since gay "marriage" proponents like downplaying the issue of procreation, when it comes to marriage, incest should technically be on the table. After all, two gay brothers can't procreate with each other (nor can two gay sisters).

But, that would leave the door open for opposite-sex siblings. Don't they have the "right" to procreate, even if it results in likely-deformed children?

Bottom line: The "slippery slope" that some folks claimed would never come to fruition has done just that.

Yep.  Confusion is coming.  Next thing you know people will want to marry their pets.   ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2009, 12:36:21 PM »
next frontier?  huh? lololol....  uh, beach, they've wanted and had pior polygamy rights a lot longer than gays have been making an issue of it here.

O Rly?  When was the last time anyone had "polygamy rights"? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2009, 12:36:47 PM »
Exactly.  There are present day polygamist already.

None of them legal. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2009, 12:45:10 PM »

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2009, 12:45:28 PM »
None of them legal. 

I'd be willing to bet that if the Sultan of Brunei showed up with his many wives, their status would be legal.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2009, 12:47:22 PM »
So?

You brought it up.  Just clarifying that none of those polygamist relationships are legal.