Author Topic: Roger Federer won Roland Garros !!!  (Read 3638 times)

jayfromeurope

• Getbig III
Roger Federer won Roland Garros !!!
« on: June 07, 2009, 08:30:15 AM »
What a great player.  ;)
J

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
Re: Roger Federer won Roland Garros !!!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 08:40:55 AM »
I'm happy for him.  Unless I"m mistaken, this was the only Grand Slam title he'd not won.

You know he'd rather have beaten Nadal for it...that guy just has his number, beating him in the finals the last three years.

Still, he's only the 6th man to win all 4 events in the Grand Slam, freakin' unbelieveable.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 08:55:16 AM »
Worth nuthin' if the final wasn't against Nadal!

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 08:59:24 AM »

Childish///AMG

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 09:04:59 AM »
The "Proverbial" monkey is now off his back 8)

Daddison

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 09:10:02 AM »
Worth nuthin' if the final wasn't against Nadal!
Yeah, I guess once Nadal was eliminated, Federer should have retired.   What's the point, right?

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 09:11:52 AM »
Nadal will be bac.

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

jayfromeurope

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 09:13:59 AM »
Feder is the greatest player ever. He made the effort to be with his fan and he's not arrogant as Nadal is.

Good Roger u deserve it !!!!

J

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 09:22:50 AM »
Federer is the greatest player ever.

Mmm, not buying it. 

He was most dominant during a time when there simply were no other really good players in men's tennis.  Even now, there's Nadal and who else? 

He's great, but lack of suitable competition makes it tough to consider him the greatest to ever play the game.

jayfromeurope

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 10:12:20 AM »
Mmm, not buying it. 

He was most dominant during a time when there simply were no other really good players in men's tennis.  Even now, there's Nadal and who else? 

He's great, but lack of suitable competition makes it tough to consider him the greatest to ever play the game.

He made the history of tennis today, so he's now the best player ever.

Look at the stats bro.
J

spinnis

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 10:16:10 AM »
Against a Swede!
A huge step forward for Swedish Tennis.

The swede also beat the world leader.

And a swede won the junior class of what they call it

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 10:16:26 AM »
Mmm, not buying it. 

::)

14 grand slams AND the french

nuff said

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 10:24:28 AM »

You know he'd rather have beaten Nadal for it...that guy just has his number, beating him in the finals the last three years.

i'd say he was quite relieved not to play him given that he couldn't beat him there.

He's gone thru some big recent loses and adversity which coupled with his troubles with the French Open must've made this sweet.

Feder is the greatest player ever. He made the effort to be with his fan and he's not arrogant as Nadal is.

After losing repeatedly to Nadal that couldn't be said, and he knew it. Huge pride in wanting to win, only now with this win is he close to par with Nadal again, which should enrich the rivarly further.

King_Raisin

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 10:37:13 AM »
Mmm, not buying it. 

I disagree...it only seems that the other players of his era weren't that great because he kept owning them in the slams.  Guys like Hewitt, Safin, and Roddick would have each won probably 3 or 4 more slams if Federer weren't around.  I mean, the guys has been in 19 or 20 consecutive grand slam semis...noone else is even close to that level of greatness over such a long period of time.

I hope Nadal's knee injury isn't serious, though.  He's an extremely physical player and major joint injuries have been known to derail many careers (Kuerten, Hewitt, especially).  I'd love to see another Roger/Nadal Wimbledon final with both healthy and confident.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2009, 10:43:11 AM »
Mmm, not buying it. 

let me guess, you think Arthur Ashe is better, you racist??11!!
Deep Tissue Massage

ahh.. fk

• Getbig III
  • Greed is good
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009, 10:46:30 AM »
I'm happy for Fed. Very cool and a najor accomplishment. Nadal however will continue to dominate the mens game and will eclipse all of Federer's achievements

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009, 10:48:55 AM »
Bottom line it's fortunate to have two great players, otherwise it becomes something like the Sampras era where it's boring plus it's harder to determine greatness or evoke the best play without a great foil to play against.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2009, 10:49:00 AM »
I disagree...it only seems that the other players of his era weren't that great because he kept owning them in the slams.  Guys like Hewitt, Safin, and Roddick would have each won probably 3 or 4 more slams if Federer weren't around.  I mean, the guys has been in 19 or 20 consecutive grand slam semis...noone else is even close to that level of greatness over such a long period of time.

I hope Nadal's knee injury isn't serious, though.  He's an extremely physical player and major joint injuries have been known to derail many careers (Kuerten, Hewitt, especially).  I'd love to see another Roger/Nadal Wimbledon final with both healthy and confident.

Hewitt, Safin, and especially Roddick just are NOT that good.  Roddick is one of the most overrated players of the past quarter-century, but he's gotten endorsements and tons of media support simply for being the best American player of the past few years.  It's great that he's got a Grand Slam in his pocket, but lots of people are one-hit wonders in tennis.  He had a favorable draw to get to the quarters, but most importantly, Federer got knocked out before he had to face him.  Agassi didn't reach the final, but a Roddick victory over an aging Agassi would've been more impressive, given that Federer wasn't in it. 

I like Nadal's personality, and I like the fact that it contrasts so strongly with Federer's.  The contrast - much like the rivalry itself - is great for the sport.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2009, 10:49:45 AM »
let me guess, you think Arthur Ashe is better, you racist??11!!

Arthur Ashe was a great man.

Arthur Ashe was a 'pretty good' tennis player.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2009, 10:53:51 AM »
did anyone watch the broadcast this morning?

the announcer was making fun of the swedish guy the whole time, it wasn't very professional.  when he won a game in the first set, the announcer goes "finally" and almost yawns.

then he goes "sweden used to be a powerhouse in tennis, good for them that they have someone again, they've really gone to crap".

i'm paraphrasing, but come on.
Deep Tissue Massage

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2009, 10:56:56 AM »
Arthur Ashe was a great man.

Arthur Ashe was a 'pretty good' tennis player.

won wimbledon

"pretty good" ????????????????????????????????????

spinnis

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2009, 10:57:10 AM »
did anyone watch the broadcast this morning?

the announcer was making fun of the swedish guy the whole time, it wasn't very professional.  when he won a game in the first set, the announcer goes "finally" and almost yawns.

then he goes "sweden used to be a powerhouse in tennis, good for them that they have someone again, they've really gone to crap".

i'm paraphrasing, but come on.

maby a swedish guy stole his GF?

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2009, 12:26:24 PM »
maby a swedish guy stole his GF?

could be.

they point the camera to Bjorn Borg, who looked a little rough, and goes "Bjorn Borg, a one time great, celebrated his birthday last night.  Looks like he had a good time".
Deep Tissue Massage

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2009, 12:36:30 PM »
Quote from: elite_lifter on June 05, 2009, 02:35:28 PM
Hey.  I hope you are not taking me too seriously… I’m just having some fun on the board.  I’ve had my share of man to man encounters, but I do not consider myself gay.  I prefer women… but sometimes, a man’s just gotta have some cock.  Know what I mean?  Peace.