Author Topic: Working at UPS as a loader...GREAT WORKOUT  (Read 24931 times)

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
Re: Working at UPS as a loader...GREAT WORKOUT
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2009, 04:41:19 PM »
It is too difficult to really set rules especially over the internet, which is why I think competition should be limited to people of some notoriety that have been around this place.

I agree

I'd like to see bast wipe the floor with some peps

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2009, 04:42:10 PM »
Very true.  I guess it also beats mopping up the floor at the local wacky jack after a nights worth of sticky studs have ejected their semen all over the floor.

hahahaha

Or working at UHC...I used to beg my coworkers, "Don't tell my mother I work at UHC.  I've been telling her I play the piano at a whorehouse."
~

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2009, 04:44:19 PM »
Oh I could handle it easily, its just a waste of time and not beneficial at all mentally.  They don`t care about you and you do not matter.  Why would you want to succumb to such an environment?  Are the trinkets that can be bought with the 8.50 an hour REALLY worth your time. 

You do not know anything about UPS. I was concerned about everyone of my guys that worked the slide and Loaded, unloaded and worked the smalls. I asked each and every Man/Woman how they were feeling and if they had any pain in any place, then just let me or another supervisor know and they were seen by a Dr. and generally put on light duty. You have never ever been into a UPS facility and have no clue as to what goes down in meetings and how the Safety Team works.   
D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2009, 04:46:25 PM »
hahahaha

Or working at UHC...I used to beg my coworkers, "Don't tell my mother I work at UHC.  I've been telling her I play the piano at a whorehouse."

I`ve heard that UHC`s corporate offices are being moved to Buchenwald and that the Guantanamo detainees are going to be sent to train as RREs in lieu of the prison closing.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2009, 04:49:36 PM »
I`ve heard that UHC`s corporate offices are being moved to Buchenwald and that the Guantanamo detainees are going to be sent to train as RREs in lieu of the prison closing.

Within a week they'll beg to go back to being waterboarded.  Far more dignity in that.
~

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2009, 04:50:14 PM »
You do not know anything about UPS. I was concerned about everyone of my guys that worked the slide and Loaded, unloaded and worked the smalls. I asked each and every Man/Woman how they were feeling and if they had any pain in any place, then just let me or another supervisor know and they were seen by a Dr. and generally put on light duty. You have never ever been into a UPS facility and have no clue as to what goes down in meetings and how the Safety Team works.   

Did you have the common courtesy to give them a reach around as you fantasized about dousing your co-worker`s brown shorts in epic cum stains or did you just build up as much pre-cum as possible and then unload it bathroom floor between shift changes?

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2009, 04:57:26 PM »
Did you have the common courtesy to give them a reach around as you fantasized about dousing your co-worker`s brown shorts in epic cum stains or did you just build up as much pre-cum as possible and then unload it bathroom floor between shift changes?

The True Adonis = The True American Idiot.

How does that even get into you mind? Please get some psychological help!!

You bring up how playing Football is gay and now this.... ::)
D

nodeal

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2009, 05:05:55 PM »
UPS ain't going bankrupt anytime soon either.

You are talking about 100's of different shipments on each trailer, they make a TON of cash with each truck sent out.

They're still going strong indeed. DHL and FedEx are hurting, UPS is doing great. I'm thankful to have a solid job at a young age.
the thing is that somebody HAS to do the shit work... so its sort of odd to rag on the people who are doing it... be thankful its not you

What I like about UPS is that many of their successful managers who are pulling in nearly 6 figures or more started doing what I'm doing..loading trucks, getting dirty and sweaty.

They really do take safety very seriously. They want to see their workers lifting properly. Adhering to all the safety guidelines and loading at a pace they want are two contradicting things, though. You gotta use common sense when loading.

wikkedonez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2009, 05:07:50 PM »
Arent you afraid of "over training"? :)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2009, 05:42:22 PM »
wow this sounds like a decent job
i need a second job and i might look into this
w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2009, 05:47:42 PM »
I just got this job a week ago. I bust my ass for shitty pay but I leave work with my shirt soaked in sweat every day and feeling great. This job plus weight lifting is the ultimate in physical conditioning. Love it, fucking love it.

LOL i did this for a short bit in high school

it is a great cardio workout but it's shit work for shitty pay

nothing is ever good enough, if you load 400 packages in an hour they will then demand 500, 600 etc

you get zero respect and you are surrounded by mentally unstable people

if you can stand being there for more than a month, you are fucking crazy

have things changed since 1989?

E
E

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2009, 05:48:28 PM »
I just got this job a week ago. I bust my ass for shitty pay but I leave work with my shirt soaked in sweat every day and feeling great. This job plus weight lifting is the ultimate in physical conditioning. Love it, fucking love it.
Give it some time and you will hate it.
I am a big baby

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2009, 05:49:55 PM »
i did it from second half of senior year in high school to the day before i left for college.

that summer, me and a buddy double shifted.  so we did 1 shift til 10 pm, then came back from 2 to 7 am.  it was overtime from 2 to 7.

went from 210 to 175 lbs that summer.

damn "power rod" i don't know if i should respect your work ethic or think you are some sort of a bitch that likes punishment :o

E
E

nodeal

• Getbig III
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2009, 06:28:08 PM »

nothing is ever good enough, if you load 400 packages in an hour they will then demand 500, 600 etc

E

Well I haven't been there that long...I am still considered in training and it will remain that way for another week or so, so they don't really expect me to load that much. As far as the people I work with...everyone so far is real nice and helpful. It seems more tolerable than you describe.

wow this sounds like a decent job
i need a second job and i might look into this

If you're looking for a second part-time job this is a great opportunity. Many people do that...have a regular job and get this as a part-time for the AMAZING benefits, extra pay, and the workout. Just be aware that the benefits do not kick in until you complete a year. But you get awesome discounts on many things such as suits, jewelry, cars, your cell phone bill, books, movie tickets, etc. The list is fucking endless. It has its perks. Definitely consider it.

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2009, 06:34:36 PM »
sounds like a shit job for a bodybuilder... jay cutler said that when he worked at a golf course in his younger years he wouldn't even mow the greens... he just said he'd park his golf cart and get his meals in out on the course.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2009, 06:36:03 PM »

E

my stint ended in summer of 99 and no, not much changed then.

i remember there was an epileptic guy working on our dock, and he went into a seizure.

as he was shaking, one of the cheesedicks that worked with us goes "oh, he'll be fine in a couple minutes", and reaches into his pocket and grabs a cigarette.

it was fucked up, but apparently they were roommates, so it was fine.
Deep Tissue Massage

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2009, 06:36:47 PM »
damn "power rod" i don't know if i should respect your work ethic or think you are some sort of a bitch that likes punishment :o

E

hey, i was getting ready to go to a school with 20,000 girls.  i wasn't heading in there naked, i needed some money!
Deep Tissue Massage

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2009, 06:38:55 PM »
Sounds like a job that will keep you in a catabolic state and make your muscles stringy like a marathon runners.  Quit immediately

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2009, 06:40:20 PM »
Sounds like a job that will keep you in a catabolic state and make your muscles stringy like a marathon runners.  Quit immediately

yes, fuck having money.  whatever will us getbiggers say when we see how stringy you are?  in the words of quaker oats "aren't you terrified??"
Deep Tissue Massage

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2009, 06:42:14 PM »
Honestly why not just work at a convenience store and do fuck all for nearly the same amount of money?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2009, 07:19:19 PM »
Well I haven't been there that long...I am still considered in training and it will remain that way for another week or so, so they don't really expect me to load that much. As far as the people I work with...everyone so far is real nice and helpful. It seems more tolerable than you describe.

haha you sound like me when i was in training

didn't seem too bad at first, people were nice blah blah

wait until you are out of training and they demand you to load a certain amount per hour

if you are too slow you get sent to the unload where you have to work 10 times as hard and 10 times as fast

the good part is the supervisiors get zero respect, you can tell them off and they can't do anything once you are in the union

E
E

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2009, 07:20:44 PM »
Congratulations you're poor. 

Brutal self owning. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2009, 07:22:27 PM »
my stint ended in summer of 99 and no, not much changed then.

i remember there was an epileptic guy working on our dock, and he went into a seizure.

as he was shaking, one of the cheesedicks that worked with us goes "oh, he'll be fine in a couple minutes", and reaches into his pocket and grabs a cigarette.

it was fucked up, but apparently they were roommates, so it was fine.

haha yep they definitely seemed to be that type

i always imagined my coworkers clocking out and then burglarizing a house an hour later

E
E

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2009, 07:23:42 PM »
Yeah guys its bullshit for the first 3 months they pay 8.50...then they move you up to 9.50, then 10 when you near the year mark...the job has awesome benefits but they don't even kick in until a year. The positive news is you have a secure job, its good honest work, they have some pretty sweet part-time advancements into management which can kick in before a year is up if you're a good worker, and they assist in tuition (up to 4,000 a year).

I'm assuming you're 18 or 19 years old right?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2009, 07:29:00 PM »
another thing, maybe things have changed but they lied about everything from the beginning

i remember the newspaper ad said you would get benefits, when i started you had to wait 6 months or so, the ad made it sound like you got benefits right away

also they told me they didn't care about how fast you loaded, as long as you didn't mis sort the packages

the truth was they didn't care if you had 100 mis sorts, as long as you finished loading a truck within an hour

i loaded something like 15000 packages without one single mis sort in a month, they sent me to the unload because other guys loaded faster while having tons of mis sorts ::)

E
E