Author Topic: Vince Goodrum - how did the show go?  (Read 36920 times)

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Re: Who can honestly say they look better than Vince Goodrum?
« Reply #225 on: June 10, 2009, 03:48:58 PM »
Vince does look better than me, and has made a lot of improvements, but the question is "Can he hold it". Anyone can look decent a month or week out of the year. If he looks the same or better 6 months from now, then he deserves major props.  

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #226 on: June 10, 2009, 03:51:32 PM »
I repeat: Vince=totally delusional.

Team Horrible Genetics approved
I hate the State.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #227 on: June 10, 2009, 03:55:08 PM »
I repeat: Vince=totally delusional.

How do you apply for Team Horrible Genetics?

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #228 on: June 10, 2009, 03:55:52 PM »
Vince does look better than me, and has made a lot of improvements, but the question is "Can he hold it". Anyone can look decent a month or week out of the year. If he looks the same or better 6 months from now, then he deserves major props.  
A man with integrity characterized by your epically brutal honesty

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #229 on: June 10, 2009, 03:57:23 PM »
post a pic and the weak will survive

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: June 10, 2009, 03:59:48 PM »
post a pic and the weak will survive
LMAO

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #231 on: June 10, 2009, 04:02:41 PM »

You have to look like this or worse:

I hate the State.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: June 10, 2009, 04:08:39 PM »

Looking a lot better man!

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #233 on: June 10, 2009, 04:10:27 PM »
As I've ALREADY stated, I started this thread partly in defense of you. I've gone through the same insults and bashing that you have. I truely don't think 1/2 of the people commenting on your physique could stand with you. So far, my thread proves that most of the bashers can't honestly answer yes to my question. Only 8 people have said "yes, I look better than Vince"...Now, if you want to OWN these folks, challenge them to post a pic or tell em to get lost. Nuff said!

Oh, just one more question...In your most honest opinion, if me and you were standing on a stage together who would win?

Give it up. The point and purpose of your thread is completely lost on Vince. Now I see why he is so clueless as to how he looks and whether his physique is stage worthy. There doesn't seem to be a lot going on upstairs.

Dov = Stage worthy

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #234 on: June 10, 2009, 04:13:42 PM »
Looking a lot better man!

Perhaps but always a founding member of Team Horrible Genetics. Vince is a strong member of Team Horrible Genetics.

I hate the State.

pellius

• Getbig V
Re: Vince Goodrum - how did the show go?
« Reply #235 on: June 10, 2009, 04:14:09 PM »
Hey, who changed the name of this thread and why?

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #236 on: June 10, 2009, 04:15:26 PM »
Deicide = quickly becoming GB legend

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #237 on: June 10, 2009, 04:16:19 PM »
Deicide = quickly becoming GB legend

Yes, some of the worst genetics here=legend 8)

I hate the State.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #238 on: June 10, 2009, 04:18:51 PM »
Hey, who changed the name of this thread and why?
They thought I was picking on Vince apparently ??? GB is very sophisticated and does'nt stand for nonsense ::)

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #239 on: June 10, 2009, 04:22:10 PM »
They thought I was picking on Vince apparently ??? GB is very sophisticated and does'nt stand for nonsense ::)

It's so abundantly clear that you weren't picking on him. If anything you were defending him. Challenging those that criticize him. Jesus H. Christ!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #240 on: June 10, 2009, 05:02:01 PM »
No doubt it takes courage to get up on stage ready to compete. Props to Goodrum for that. He looked nervous up there. Clenching fists and releasing tension between poses. However, it isn't hard to listen to instructions for the next poses. We have all seen this plenty of times. If people are calling out encouragement that can be distracting. Someone was calling out, 'Looking good, Vince'. So Melvin did have a fan or two there.

One doesn't have to have a good physique to assess those of others. We see that all the time when commenting on the Olympia guys. Most of us are not in contest condition so might not look as good as hapless Goodrum at the moment. He found out he had to sacrifice a lot of size to be ready for this show. He still had a way to go to look really cut. He had a couple of rows of abs and some definition here and there. The lighting is difficult when you are the only black guy in a white lineup. If you look at the High Quality video you will see that Melvin had some definition but the other lads had more. He was rightly placed out of the top 5 in that section.

Vince G CSN MFT has been on a crusade to establish some credibility on bodybuilding discussion boards. So far he hasn't been able to convince everyone he is a noteworthy bodybuilder. He is an average novice competitor. The average novice doesn't win a trophy when there are more than 6 in a lineup.

Vince G is right about one thing. It is one thing to look good in the bathroom mirror and quite another to impress the judges and audience in a bodybuilding contest.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #241 on: June 10, 2009, 05:28:07 PM »
The video is washing out Goodrum's cuts. He is reasonably lean there.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #242 on: June 10, 2009, 05:41:48 PM »
The video is washing out Goodrum's cuts. He is reasonably lean there.

Imagine how much better he would have looked with some Dbol in his system leading up to the show?

Perhaps his physique would have even been good enough to win Mr. Canada 1970?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #243 on: June 10, 2009, 06:04:36 PM »
Melvin has tried steroids in the past. He said he got some vet supplies and mixed them up in his bathroom. Lunacy for sure. Gyno was the result. Few in the old days had side effects.

Melvin is typical of the flotsam and wannabes on Getbig and Mayhem. Most are dreamers who never win a title. I give credit to those who keep trying no matter what. It is all vanity in the end.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #244 on: June 10, 2009, 06:07:26 PM »
Melvin has tried steroids in the past. He said he got some vet supplies and mixed them up in his bathroom. Lunacy for sure. Gyno was the result. Few in the old days had side effects.

Melvin is typical of the flotsam and wannabes on Getbig and Mayhem. Most are dreamers who never win a title. I give credit to those who keep trying no matter what. It is all vanity in the end.

\
vince how do you hold anger at your age? arent you supposed to be levetating to the light gracefully by now?

dont you imagine johnny falcon by your age would have the ability to float my friend?
A

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: June 10, 2009, 06:41:47 PM »

Deicide, is that a tat and if so, kewl, what is it.

oh and I think I look better than Vince, but I'm a girl.  :D   
:D Weee

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #246 on: June 10, 2009, 06:51:50 PM »
I deal with personal trainers asking me for advice. I keep my cool. Muscleheads haven't changed one bit since the good old days. There are plenty of dreamers like Goodrum out there. I am not angry, just a realist. I have given advice to lots of bodybuilders but the young fellows nowadays don't listen. They have their heads full of crap from magazines and considerations of health and no one can change their minds. Look at how Goodrum rejects the advices here yet is willing to listen to what the judges told him. I used to make up judging criteria for our bodybuilding organization and trained judges. Oh, I forgot, I painted a few pieces of my gym equipment a bright colour so my gym is no good. Since I competed long ago my advice isn't relevant anymore. It is still the same old Iron game and the muscleheads still dream and kiss butt to get a title and trophy.

Goodrum may never win a big title but he is still very much a bodybuilder. Good for him to keep dreaming and training to win. I can tell you that without contests to train for few of us remain looking great. The motivation is gone. Look at Kevin Levrone as an example. So guys like Goodrum are lucky because they are highly motivated. He probably uses the feedback from the flotsam on Getbig to make him mad as hell and he swears he is going to show us losers. He never does and that is part of the fun of Getbig. As long as he and his friends think he is great who are we to say otherwise?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #247 on: June 10, 2009, 07:26:18 PM »
I deal with personal trainers asking me for advice. I keep my cool. Muscleheads haven't changed one bit since the good old days. There are plenty of dreamers like Goodrum out there. I am not angry, just a realist. I have given advice to lots of bodybuilders but the young fellows nowadays don't listen. They have their heads full of crap from magazines and considerations of health and no one can change their minds. Look at how Goodrum rejects the advices here yet is willing to listen to what the judges told him. I used to make up judging criteria for our bodybuilding organization and trained judges. Oh, I forgot, I painted a few pieces of my gym equipment a bright colour so my gym is no good. Since I competed long ago my advice isn't relevant anymore. It is still the same old Iron game and the muscleheads still dream and kiss butt to get a title and trophy.

Goodrum may never win a big title but he is still very much a bodybuilder. Good for him to keep dreaming and training to win. I can tell you that without contests to train for few of us remain looking great. The motivation is gone. Look at Kevin Levrone as an example. So guys like Goodrum are lucky because they are highly motivated. He probably uses the feedback from the flotsam on Getbig to make him mad as hell and he swears he is going to show us losers. He never does and that is part of the fun of Getbig. As long as he and his friends think he is great who are we to say otherwise?

well said champ
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #248 on: June 10, 2009, 10:49:44 PM »

I took advice from the judges because they were the ones that JUDGED my physique during competition.  They were up front and close and there job was to compare my physique and everyone elses to determine the best. 

What better place to get info on what to improve than from the people that judged you at the show you did.  I would be stupid to pass up that valuable information. 

And yes, the video does wash out the details in my physique....however it also washed out everyone elses.  I looked good but they simply looked better.  I accept that and I'll have to simply have to train and diet even harder to be better next time I compete
A

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #249 on: June 10, 2009, 10:59:04 PM »
I accept that and I'll have to simply have to train and diet even harder to be better next time I compete

You peaked as far as muscle mass a long time ago. You are competing against guys using lots of OTC hormones, at the very least. You need drugs on top of getting leaner. You wont put on any muscle without hormones, and even if you did manage a pound or even two it wouldn't be enough to do better. Since anything OTC is fine you have a lot of options still, without breaking the silly rules. You could do a shitload of a nonmethylated oral, lather up your body with the transdermals too, one or two 17aa orals like Superdrol, DHEA, antiestrogen like Novedex XT, a thyroid analogue, stimulants like dimethylpentylamine etc.

You wont make any real changes without drugs. That's the cold hard truth.