Author Topic: The Impossibility of fixing a contest  (Read 3786 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: The Impossibility of fixing a contest
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2009, 01:19:27 AM »
Keep in mind that ND has a huge hardon to work for the IFBB if he doesn't already, which to be charitable might explain the naivete to some extent.

In terms of pure schmoism he's considered an up and coming Ben Weider. :-\

This coming from the same guy who claims 2001 Olympia Ronnie dominated by losing the whole prejuding , I notice a trend with you contests are only fixed when a white guys wins  ;)

9 judges have to be bought off and yet not one single mention of any present or former judge being solicited over IFBB's history you can't escape this fact and conspiracy theories are for people who aren't bright enough to figure it out for themselves

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2009, 01:24:46 AM »
ND wouldn't delete it. he picks and chooses which quotes to believe even if the person giving the quote has retracted their comments and changed their minds later on.. ::)

he does it all the time.

::)

No I don't pick and choose what to believe , again you're the idiot who will cry fix whenever Yates one and then in the same breathe claim Ronnie dominated at his worse , you're the biggest hypocrite on this site

and I don't think 2001 was fixed either , I think Ronnie was lucky but I don't believe a it was fixed it's you who wants your cake and eat it too

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2009, 01:34:28 AM »
the thing is, there have been some instances of judging that is so wrong it points to a fix.

eg. dorian 93 was going to be given first in the muscularity round without being compared to his competitors.

what does that say about the judging system? why even bother to have a round if the judges didnt care how dorian compared to his fellow competitors and were going to give him first no matter what he looked like?

now, Im not saying that 93 was a fix or that dorian didnt deserve to win.

but the process used to arrive at the conclusion has to be fair and equitable each time. just because some is good doesn't mean you can throw all the rules out and do whatever you want, as was the case in this instance...

Hulkster on multiple occasions you have said Dorian should have lost in 1993 to Flex  ;) so don't backpeddle now and you just gave 1993 as an example of a contest that and I quote

there have been some instances of judging that is so wrong it points to a fix.

and two sentences later you say this

now, Im not saying that 93 was a fix or that dorian didnt deserve to win.

ha ha ha ha keep track of your nonsense. and to correct your bullshit some more Dorian was compared to his competitors in 1993 in the symmetry round and THERE the judges made their decision it was redundant having him do the muscularity round because he was so far above and beyond his contemporaries , once again you proving to everyone just how little you know about competitive bodybuilding

now entertaining your ignorance what difference would it have made if he was compared ? would it have change his placing? would it have been a closer contest? then again why and I asking you? you're the exact same guy who claimed he did in fact lose the contest to Flex Wheeler lol

so in the end you're stuck chasing your tail in circles have fun puppy  ;)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2009, 02:27:00 PM »
This coming from the same guy who claims 2001 Olympia Ronnie dominated by losing the whole prejuding

he did dominate

but lost the prejudging anyway.

thats the point flowerboy. judging can be flat out wrong sometimes. if you look at Ronnie and Jay that year, Ronnie crushed Jay from the back, matched him from the front. Jay didn't deserve to win those two rounds..

luckily the judges realized their error enough to have the rightfull winner crowned..
Flower Boy Ran Away

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2009, 03:25:21 PM »
2002 GNC, as much as Gunther has a poor structure in some poses, Ronnie was way off that day and it was a fair call.

This was because Ronnie went down to 245 for the Olympia and in those 3 weeks to the GNC put on 20 pounds to 265. In 3 weeks you arn't going to gain back the lost muscle, you are just going to put on more water.

2001 Mr.O in the video it's not even close, Ronnie was light years ahead of Jay, just a slightly bloated stomach. But i think the judges were like 20 metres from the stage which made it difficult to judge properly, anyway Jay was great but Ronnie was insane just fucked up at the last minute (thanks Chad).

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2009, 03:43:56 PM »
he did dominate

but lost the prejudging anyway.

thats the point flowerboy. judging can be flat out wrong sometimes. if you look at Ronnie and Jay that year, Ronnie crushed Jay from the back, matched him from the front. Jay didn't deserve to win those two rounds..

luckily the judges realized their error enough to have the rightfull winner crowned..

He most certainly did NOT dominate , more of your retarded logic , one doesn't dominate by losing that's an oxymoron

and once again you're in direct opposition to what the judges say very typical of your ignorance , Jay outclassed him in ALL poses hence why he won the entire pre-judging

I love your stupidity it always makes for great opportunities to correct you  ;)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2009, 03:51:46 PM »
He most certainly did NOT dominate , more of your retarded logic , one doesn't dominate by losing that's an oxymoron

sigh. ::)

you don't get it. probably because you work with flowers :-*

you love to point out how ronnie lost the symmetry and muscularity round.

what you don't get is that he should not have lost those two rounds in the first place:

you are assuming what you are arguing for to be true.

thats called begging the question,  moron..

you really think ronnie deserved to lose the first two rounds:

Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2009, 04:17:41 PM »
sigh. ::)

you don't get it. probably because you work with flowers :-*

you love to point out how ronnie lost the symmetry and muscularity round.

what you don't get is that he should not have lost those two rounds in the first place:

you are assuming what you are arguing for to be true.

thats called begging the question,  moron..

you really think ronnie deserved to lose the first two rounds:

I absolutely know Ronnie deserved to lose the first two rounds in every pic you just posted ( which ironically is from the prejudging ) Ronnie is being outclassed in terms of the criteria , would Jay do that to a Ronnie 1999? 1998? 2001 Arnold Classic? NO but Ronnie was off and paid the price , even he thought he lost the whole contest  ;)

your ignorance on how contests are judged is exactly why you think he's ' dominating ' when reality is quite another thing

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2009, 04:42:47 PM »
ironically. most of the posters on this thread agree that many contests are fixed and polically motivated..

your thread failed and backfired in your face lol
Flower Boy Ran Away

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2009, 04:54:36 PM »
Jay won in 2001...
Team Yates

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2009, 05:10:20 PM »

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2009, 05:36:39 PM »

The bigger travesty of the 2001 Olympia is not who should of won, but rather that Jay Cultler blatantly cheated, got caught, and manged to bitch and moan his way out of his due punishment. I usually dont have many good things to say about Nasser, but you have to give him credit, when he failed the Diuretics test, he took it in stride. He stated that he wasnt sure if they were going to actully implement it, and didnt want to take any chances, so he risked it.

Jay Culter gets way too much credit as this all around great guy, when in truth he is more of a selfish douchebag that his rep might indicate.

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2009, 05:51:45 PM »

Ronnie is bloated and soft there. 98 was much, much better.
Team Yates

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2009, 06:21:30 PM »
The bigger travesty of the 2001 Olympia is not who should of won, but rather that Jay Cultler blatantly cheated, got caught, and manged to bitch and moan his way out of his due punishment. I usually dont have many good things to say about Nasser, but you have to give him credit, when he failed the Diuretics test, he took it in stride. He stated that he wasnt sure if they were going to actully implement it, and didnt want to take any chances, so he risked it.

Jay Culter gets way too much credit as this all around great guy, when in truth he is more of a selfish douchebag that his rep might indicate.

Apparantly (according to Bigbobs) Nasser didn't even fail the test, he just told Mike Matarazzo what he took and Mike dobbed him in.

If that's true, how fucked up is Mike LOL. Well i guess he got 12th instead of 13th.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2009, 06:47:07 PM »
This won. The Columbu of the 90s with perfect scores no less!

Epic ND humiliation part XVII. ;)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2009, 06:54:31 PM »
Jay won in 2001...

Take it up with ND. ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2009, 12:44:42 PM »
ironically. most of the posters on this thread agree that many contests are fixed and polically motivated..

your thread failed and backfired in your face lol

Ah the old argument ad populum still using faulty logic I see  ;)

Most of the posters are exactly like you , idiots  ;)

and most of the posters agree contests are fixed when their heros loses but perfectly correct when they win ha ha ha ha most of the posters are just like you again hypocrites  ;)

and you followed me into yet another thread , proving my point puppy  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2009, 12:48:44 PM »
Apparantly (according to Bigbobs) Nasser didn't even fail the test, he just told Mike Matarazzo what he took and Mike dobbed him in.

If that's true, how fucked up is Mike LOL. Well i guess he got 12th instead of 13th.

Consider the source

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2009, 12:53:45 PM »
This won. The Columbu of the 90s with perfect scores no less!

You can't argue the point so troll away BowFlex it's what you do  ;)