Author Topic: Beyonce wants to lasso the role of Wonder Woman  (Read 12168 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Beyonce wants to lasso the role of Wonder Woman
« on: June 08, 2009, 07:13:17 PM »
Beyoncé is ready for an Amazon-sized challenge -- the pop superstar wants to be the first actress to wear Wonder Woman's famed red, white and blue bathing suit on the silver screen.

"I want to do a superhero movie and what would be better than Wonder Woman? It would be great. And it would be a very bold choice. A black Wonder Woman would be a powerful thing. It's time for that, right?"

Beyoncé says that she has met with representatives of DC Comics and Warner Bros. to express her interest in a major role in one of the many comic-book adaptations now in the pipeline following the massive success of "The Dark Knight," "Iron Man" and the "Spider-Man" and "X-Men" franchises. Beyoncé's acting to career to date has included a comedic role in "Austin Powers in Goldmember" and two notable music world roles, the first as a quasi-Diana Ross character in "Dreamgirls" and as the defiant and heroin-addicted Etta James in the upcoming "Cadillac Records."

"After doing these roles that were so emotional I was thinking  to myself, 'OK, I need to be a superhero,'" Beyoncé told me this week when I met her for an interview in a suite atop the Rivington Hotel in New York. "Although, when you think about the psychology of the heroes in the films these days, they are still a lot of work, of course, and emotional. But there's also an action element that I would enjoy . . .

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2008/11/beyonc-wants-to.html

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: Beyonce wants to lasso the role of Wonder Woman
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 07:23:33 PM »
Sorry, Beyonce, but WW is Caucasian and that should not change to accommodate your desires.  There is a black WW character from Paradise Island; her name is Nubia.  You can play Nubia but not Princess Diana.  >:(

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 01:32:27 AM »
I could see that episode made into a movie starring Angelina Jolie & Beyoncé.  That would rock.

...and Nubia's outfit would be perfect for Beyoncé (I'm referring to the yellow skirt trim) poifect for camouflaging little ... ummm... imperfections.  :P
w

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 03:49:37 AM »
Beyonce is a horrible actress, hot, but horrible.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 05:22:16 AM »
I agree, leave wonder as a white woman who can deflect bullets with her bracelets, fly in a Invisible Jet (yet her clothes aren't invisible---what gives?), has superhuman strength, her lasso makes you tell the truth...

let her be Nubia or She-Hulk.

Linda Carter was the shit and will always be Wonder Woman. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 06:22:14 AM »
Sorry, Beyonce, but WW is Caucasian and that should not change to accommodate your desires.  There is a black WW character from Paradise Island; her name is Nubia.  You can play Nubia but not Princess Diana.  >:(

Oh, really? Who says we can't have a black Wonder Woman?

We've already had a black Catwoman, two of them in fact (Halle BEEEERRRYYYY, Halle Berry!!!  ;D, and the late Eartha Kitt....Puuuuuuurrr!!!!).

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 06:27:37 AM »
Oh, really? Who says we can't have a black Wonder Woman?

We've already had a black Catwoman, two of them in fact (Halle BEEEERRRYYYY, Halle Berry!!!  ;D, and the late Eartha Kitt....Puuuuuuurrr!!!!).

And I concur on this as well, I agree with both ;D

Or she can dress up as Wonder Woman for Jay-Z.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 06:39:33 AM »
Beyoncé is ready for an Amazon-sized challenge -- the pop superstar wants to be the first actress to wear Wonder Woman's famed red, white and blue bathing suit on the silver screen.

"I want to do a superhero movie and what would be better than Wonder Woman? It would be great. And it would be a very bold choice. A black Wonder Woman would be a powerful thing. It's time for that, right?"

Beyoncé says that she has met with representatives of DC Comics and Warner Bros. to express her interest in a major role in one of the many comic-book adaptations now in the pipeline following the massive success of "The Dark Knight," "Iron Man" and the "Spider-Man" and "X-Men" franchises. Beyoncé's acting to career to date has included a comedic role in "Austin Powers in Goldmember" and two notable music world roles, the first as a quasi-Diana Ross character in "Dreamgirls" and as the defiant and heroin-addicted Etta James in the upcoming "Cadillac Records."

"After doing these roles that were so emotional I was thinking  to myself, 'OK, I need to be a superhero,'" Beyoncé told me this week when I met her for an interview in a suite atop the Rivington Hotel in New York. "Although, when you think about the psychology of the heroes in the films these days, they are still a lot of work, of course, and emotional. But there's also an action element that I would enjoy . . .

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2008/11/beyonc-wants-to.html

Two things.  First, Wonder Woman is not black.  Two, she is a shitty actress.  End of story.
Squishy face retard

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 07:34:05 AM »
Two things.  First, Wonder Woman is not black.  Two, she is a shitty actress.  End of story.

Once again, we've had a two black ladies play Catwoman. So, Beyonce's portrayal of Wonder Woman is hardly out of the question.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 03:57:06 PM »
I can't believe no one has mentioned Chef Tim yet.  You know what I'm talkin' about. 
~

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 10:52:32 PM »

Will Smith, ...not to mention the years of white actors in black face has long since established a precedent, so your first argument has no merit. As for your second argument.  :-X

i think she can act, ...but she has had a bit of a challenge launching her film career the way I think she would prefer.
w

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 10:30:58 AM »
Yes, we better not have her play Wonder Woman because she is black, and we must try to stay as true as possible to the reality of......A CARTOON!

Let her play the role!  She was fun in Austin Powers.
R

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 12:06:44 PM »
Yes, we better not have her play Wonder Woman because she is black, and we must try to stay as true as possible to the reality of......A CARTOON!

Some people are serious about TOONS ............. just mentioning it  :D

Aquiles

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 12:56:26 PM »
hmmmm  I dont see that happening!

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 02:06:24 PM »

Cartoons are an art form like any other.  Just because you are not a patron of them doesn't make them any less valid or serious.  I doubt the creator of WW, William Marston would sanction a black actress playing WW on the silver screen.  As I said, there are black amazons on WW's home world of Themyscira but Diana Prince is not one of them. 

I'm all for equal opportunity; changing the race of relatively minor characters in adaptations is one thing but doing it for the lead is ego (Beyonce obviously has a big ego), political correctness, and idiocy gone too far.  It was absurd for white Elizabeth Taylor to play Cleopatra; it would be equally absurd for black Beyonce to play Wonder Woman (btw, no matter how much she straightens her hair or dyes it blonde, Beyonce is black and she cannot play WW).

As someone said previously she is a terrible actress!  She better stick to singing and music videos.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 02:23:17 PM »
Cartoons are an art form like any other.  Just because you are not a patron of them doesn't make them any less valid or serious.  I doubt the creator of WW, William Marston would sanction a black actress playing WW on the silver screen.  As I said, there are black amazons on WW's home world of Themyscira but Diana Prince is not one of them. 

I'm all for equal opportunity; changing the race of relatively minor characters in adaptations is one thing but doing it for the lead is ego (Beyonce obviously has a big ego), political correctness, and idiocy gone too far.  It was absurd for white Elizabeth Taylor to play Cleopatra; it would be equally absurd for black Beyonce to play Wonder Woman (btw, no matter how much she straightens her hair or dyes it blonde, Beyonce is black and she cannot play WW).

As someone said previously she is a terrible actress!  She better stick to singing and music videos.

Movies have changed the format of the original comics, more times than the law allows. Notwithstanding the Catwoman examples I've given, there's another that just came to mind from the Punisher comics.

Remember "the Russian". In the comics, the Russian was a big bald obese slob. In the movie, guess who got the role of the Russian: Pro wrestler, Kevin Nash (aka "Big Sexy", "Big Daddy Cool", "Diesel"): 7', over 300 lbs. of solid muscle, with a blonde flattop.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2009, 04:46:04 PM »
Ever seen beyonce in a live interview, she is pathetic..."um..ahh..hmm..um"
lucky for her she is pretty and popular, that gives you many of chances

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2009, 04:54:54 AM »

As "absurd" as that was... it made little difference to her performance, and did not impact negatively on the film,
...just as it didn't negatively impact films when Willem Dafoe or Jim Caviezel played Jesus Christ. Get over it.  ::)

If a small Canadian kid from Scarborough can successfully play a huge green ogre from a swamp, a character who is neither the same colour, nor even the same species, ...I think it's a safe bet to let a Black actress play Wonder Woman.
w

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2009, 05:16:10 AM »
As "absurd" as that was... it made little difference to her performance, and did not impact negatively on the film,
...just as it didn't negatively impact films when Willem Dafoe or Jim Caviezel played Jesus Christ. Get over it.  ::)

If a small Canadian kid from Scarborough can successfully play a huge green ogre from a swamp, a character who is neither the same colour, nor even the same species, ...I think it's a safe bet to let a Black actress play Wonder Woman.

I can't forget Nicholas Cage's moving portrayal of Malcolm X.  Should have won an Oscar.
~

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2009, 05:33:10 AM »
I can't forget Nicholas Cage's moving portrayal of Malcolm X.  Should have won an Oscar.

brat!
w

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2009, 06:04:49 AM »
brat!

I know you are but what am I?  HA HA!

~

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2009, 11:12:05 AM »
I know you are but what am I?  HA HA!

{giggle} You're baby brat. Now Mummy says you are to eat all of your vegetables.  :P
...and stay out of those dark movies theatres.
w

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2009, 11:18:09 AM »
{giggle} You're baby brat. Now Mummy says you are to eat all of your vegetables.  :P
...and stay out of those dark movies theatres.

There are too many ways I could run with this one...

And yes, I learned my lesson about how to behave in a movie theatre...

~

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2009, 09:35:35 PM »
This lady would make a great Wonder Woman:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004294/

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2009, 10:01:49 PM »
Once again, we've had a two black ladies play Catwoman. So, Beyonce's portrayal of Wonder Woman is hardly out of the question.

And the catwoman movies sucked ass.  Sorry but keep it close to the comic.  SHe is hot but this isn't her role.  Why not have rosie o'connel (wth everi is her name) play aretha franklin.  same shit right.