Author Topic: Cap & Trade taxes to be $3,100.00 per home - Congressional Budget Office  (Read 957 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Energy Tax Higher than Expected; Supremes Stop Chrysler Deal
HumanEvents.com ^ | 6/9/2009 | Connie Hair

Posted on Tuesday, June 09, 2009 1:29:13 PM by 2nd amendment mama

The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) released its analysis of the Waxman-Markey bill, the proposed Democrat cap and trade national energy tax. The CBO report confirmed that every American will pay energy taxes, with “relief” being offered only to families earning less than $42,000 per year and individuals earning under $23,000 per year. The median household income in the United States is $50,233.

The CBO has made official what Republicans have been saying all along: the Democrats’ new planned carbon tax will have a staggering impact on the middle class. What happened to that “no new taxes” on the middle class pledge?

Rep. Dave Camp (R-Mich.), the ranking Republican on the House Committee on Ways and Means highlighted facts from the CBO analysis of the Democrat legislation engineered to increase energy prices in the United States.

“The President has repeatedly stated married couples earning less than $250,000 a year would not face higher taxes, but this legislation imposes an energy tax on every American and provides no help to families making more than $42,000 or individuals making as little as $23,000,” Camp said. “Increasing Americans’ fuel and utility bills in this recession is not only bad policy, but it completely ignores the hardships millions of Americans are already facing. This is dangerous legislation in desperate need of closer review.”

The CBO analysis also found that the bill imposes $846 billion in new national energy taxes that will affect every single American. It also creates several new federal programs and agencies that would cost taxpayers an average of $800 million annually for the first 10 years.

The tax burden to American families is expected to average $3,100 a year per household, depending on whether or not the energy supply in your area relies more heavily on coal. This new carbon tax will cripple industry and send millions of jobs overseas to countries such as China and India who have made it quite clear that they will not participate in any schemes to tax carbon emissions.

Democrat Stimulus Plan is Not Working

President Obama and Vice President Biden announced yesterday that they were increasing government spending authorized by the so-called stimulus bill due to dismal economic numbers. They tried to put a smiley face on the failed Democrat plan and offered more of the same, only faster, as a solution.

Rep. Mike Pence (R-Ind.) spoke to HUMAN EVENTS yesterday on the deleterious impact of the so-called stimulus plan.

“From April 25th we were at 6,351,000 and on May 23rd, we were at 6,735,000 claiming unemployment benefits. We’re tracking unemployment claims on GOP.gov since Democrats passed the so-called stimulus bill on February 28th,” Pence said. “At the time the legislation was passed, the unemployment claims were at 5,253,000; now they’re at 6,735,000. But that doesn’t sound like progress to House Republicans.

“In January, the American people were warned that without passage of the trillion dollar so-called stimulus bill, unemployment would reach over 9 percent. Well we passed the so-called stimulus bill, and unemployment is now 9.4 percent. The President told us if we passed the stimulus bill, unemployment would slow and peak at less than 8 percent. It’s now 9.4 percent. And of course, with a $1.8 trillion deficit and 9.4 percent unemployment, it’s time for a new approach.”

Obama lashed out against those who question the premise of his trillion-dollar government spending bill, saying, “I would suggest to them that they talk to the companies who, because of this plan, scrapped the idea of laying off employees and in fact decided to hire employees.”

Of course, the President did not give one example company. I’m sure if his folks could have found one that fit this scenario, Obama’s teleprompter would have told him to say it. The President at one point claimed that jobs would be saved by the so-called stimulus plan at a Caterpillar plant in Peoria if the bill passed. That wasn’t true and the President was publicly called on that disinformation.

There is an attempt underway to use the stimulus funding by one state to take away jobs from another state.

Columbus, Georgia Mayor Jim Whetherington has asked the federal government for money from the so-called stimulus funds to help finance the transfer of NCR Corp. from Dayton, Ohio, to Georgia. The mayor says he wants stimulus money to refurbish two buildings for NCR to make ATMs. The request is still pending.

Would these jobs fall into the “saved” or “created” category? Probably both using Obama math.

There is a bit of intriguing irony in the story. It was the Democrat Senator from Ohio, Sherrod Brown, who cast the deciding vote in the Senate to pass the “stimulus bill” earlier this year. How’s that working out for you, Senator?

Supreme Court Tells Obama ‘Not so Fast’

The United States Supreme Court yesterday ruled that the Obama administration cannot usher through the sale of Chrysler to Fiat without judicial review. Republican Study Committee Chairman Tom Price (R-Ga.) summed up the issue in a statement after the ruling came down from the high court.

“This is an encouraging sign for those of us who believe that the President cannot simply abrogate contracts and implement his will at the expense of the law,” Price said. “President Obama has shown an overzealous willingness to meddle in the affairs of private businesses, and it may have finally caught up to him. Rather than honoring Chrysler’s commitments to those with secured debt, the President just handed over the corporation to Big Labor. It seems that those who should lawfully be at the front of the line will see at least a temporary reprieve from the administration’s heavy-handed intervention tactics. With hearings before the Supreme Court coming soon, I hope that the rule of law will ultimately be upheld and all parties receive a fair and adequate ruling.”
________________________ _____________________ 

This is another lie coming from ZERO.

So now, anyone making over 42k a years gets a massive tax increase. 

Disgraceful.   

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
As long as those loosers in his community dont have to pay then hes ok with that.AS PREDICTED the only ones who will pay for it are those with jobs,NOT HIS PEOPLE!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
As long as those loosers in his community dont have to pay then hes ok with that.AS PREDICTED the only ones who will pay for it are those with jobs,NOT HIS PEOPLE!!!

I cant wait for the blow job crew to show up on this.  They wont. 

They rather talk about fag marriage or waterboarding. 

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
“This is an encouraging sign for those of us who believe that the President cannot simply abrogate contracts and implement his will at the expense of the law,” Price said. “President Obama has shown an overzealous willingness to meddle in the affairs of private businesses, and it may have finally caught up to him. Rather than honoring Chrysler’s commitments to those with secured debt, the President just handed over the corporation to Big Labor. It seems that those who should lawfully be at the front of the line will see at least a temporary reprieve from the administration’s heavy-handed intervention tactics. With hearings before the Supreme Court coming soon, I hope that the rule of law will ultimately be upheld and all parties receive a fair and adequate ruling.”

This is shaping up to be quite the Imperial Presidency. Rule of Law, transparency etc are all being tossed out the window. All the shit this idiot was crapping out during his campaign has turned out to be bald faced lies. Apocalypse Budget, tax hikes, carbon taxes, fucking private business, meddling in the free-market, taking over companies....How is this guy still running on "Hope and Change"?

What a crock of shit.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
This is shaping up to be quite the Imperial Presidency. Rule of Law, transparency etc are all being tossed out the window. All the shit this idiot was crapping out during his campaign has turned out to be bald faced lies. Apocalypse Budget, tax hikes, carbon taxes, fucking private business, meddling in the free-market, taking over companies....How is this guy still running on "Hope and Change"?

What a crock of shit.

I truly believe this cap & trade is the most disastrous of all the policies yet.  Just the pass alongs in the increased price of goods will be incredible. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I truly believe this cap & trade is the most disastrous of all the policies yet.  Just the pass alongs in the increased price of goods will be incredible. 

Add into that the VAT tax and we are DOOMED by this radical racist.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
I cant wait for the blow job crew to show up on this.  They wont. 

They rather talk about fag marriage or waterboarding. 

+1

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Well shit there goes those tax cuts for us peons that make under 250K a year. Funny isn't it, somehow the government always gets your money, usually in some back handed way.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
Well shit there goes those tax cuts for us peons that make under 250K a year. Funny isn't it, somehow the government always gets your money, usually in some back handed way.

LOL yeah....people forgot that promise pretty quickly :)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
I will um ahh not um raise taxes on people who make um ah under 250 thousand. Good job Barry.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I will um ahh not um raise taxes on people who make um ah under 250 thousand. Good job Barry.

WAIT TILL EACH BUSINESS HAS TO PASS ALONG THESE COSTS TO THE CUSTOMERS JUST TO STAY AFLOAT! 

You know whats funny HH6, I have yet to see even one Obama lackey support this or even give me one reason why this is a good thing to pursue.   

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
WAIT TILL EACH BUSINESS HAS TO PASS ALONG THESE COSTS TO THE CUSTOMERS JUST TO STAY AFLOAT! 

You know whats funny HH6, I have yet to see even one Obama lackey support this or even give me one reason why this is a good thing to pursue.   

Because Barry the Messiah says so.  Seriously, he is one big epic fail.
Squishy face retard

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
This is clearly an increase in tax dollars for individuals making $23,000 or more/year.  If he pushes this through, its a campaign promise shattered.  Horrible policy idea.

I don't think this VAT national sales tax will pass.  If it gains more legs, here's another taxation hike.

If cap & trade passes (or VAT), I think the makeup of congress will certainly change in 2010 and Obama will loose a lot of middle of the road supporters for 2012.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
Wait, what's with all this talk about new taxes? I thought King Obama promised that filthy, evil rich households that make over 250k a year would be the only people being taxed? I thought 95% of all people would be getting a "tax cut" *cough*change in withholding amounts*cough*?

I thought no-one had to pay for any of this new and awesome stuff he plans on shoving down our throats? I thought everything would be awesome and great and super and we had nothing to worry about? You know, Hope/Change, New Dawn, New Horizon?

I wonder what exactly happened from the time he made all of those promises/lies to now?

You mean Obama lied through his teeth during his campaign and is a really a far-left president like lots of people said?

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Wait, what's with all this talk about new taxes? I thought King Obama promised that filthy, evil rich households that make over 250k a year would be the only people being taxed? I thought 95% of all people would be getting a "tax cut" *cough*change in withholding amounts*cough*?

I thought no-one had to pay for any of this new and awesome stuff he plans on shoving down our throats? I thought everything would be awesome and great and super and we had nothing to worry about? You know, Hope/Change, New Dawn, New Horizon?

I wonder what exactly happened from the time he made all of those promises/lies to now?

You mean Obama lied through his teeth during his campaign and is a really a far-left president like lots of people said?
This guy is a good addition to the board.

He started backing out of promises the night he won and hopefully the idiots who voted for him can see past their "progressive" choice just because he wasn't Bush/Bush affiliated.  He is clearly worse than Bush.
Squishy face retard

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
I love how all the libs on this board have been avoiding posts like this.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I love how all the libs on this board have been avoiding posts like this.

10000%

Lets talk about Palin and gay marriage - thats what really matters in life.