Author Topic: With friends like these, who needs enemies?  (Read 894 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
With friends like these, who needs enemies?
« on: June 09, 2009, 04:41:50 PM »
Tim Sylvia has a history of being thrown under buses by his friends, most notably by Matt Hughes (who immortalized his disliking for Sylvia in his autobiography) and Dana White (who often uses Tim Sylvia as a punchline / point whenever Fedor is brought up). Now Fighters Only has details on how Sylvia feels about the Dana ripping:

“I don’t talk to Dana, not at all. I don’t have his number,” Sylvia told Fighters Only recently. “But we had a pretty good relationship. I know he has said some pretty bad things about me but, to be honest, I think a lot of it has to do with marketing; Dana tries to come off like he doesn’t care.

“But I am still in touch with some of the people who work for the UFC, still friends with them.”

“In fact, Dana probably doesn’t want this out but, when I fought Fedor, a bunch of people from the UFC text me ‘good luck’” Sylvia revealed.

“I distinctly remember someone close to Dana had texted me and I was trying to be funny, I said ‘Don’t worry, I won’t tell Dana you’re texting me’ and they said ‘Dana is here, he says good luck too’, so you know… Dana likes to come off as an asshole but a lot of it is an act I believe.”

Typically this is where I’d write a few paragraphs mocking Big Tim, but at this point I just feel bad for the guy. Doubly so considering he’s about to clown his career by boxing Ray Mercer in an unsanctioned Alabama cage fight this weekend. Which is just another horrible thing cooked up by one of Sylvia’s great friends, Monte Cox.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: With friends like these, who needs enemies?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 10:08:05 PM »
ive met tim when he was ufc hw champ and he was a cool dude, treated all the fans good and was pretty humble. the only thing that i used to find alittle strange was him wearing his ufc belt out to nightclubs and supermarkets or wherever, nothing wrong with being proud of your belt but that just made him and to some small extent the ufc look kind of petty. to each his own i guess
R

chixlegs

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 07:23:09 AM »
ive met tim when he was ufc hw champ and he was a cool dude, treated all the fans good and was pretty humble. the only thing that i used to find alittle strange was him wearing his ufc belt out to nightclubs and supermarkets or wherever, nothing wrong with being proud of your belt but that just made him and to some small extent the ufc look kind of petty. to each his own i guess

Is that true?  Did he wear his belt out to clubs and supermarkets?  Oh God that is fucking embarrassing if its true. 

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 12:24:01 PM »
Is that true?  Did he wear his belt out to clubs and supermarkets?  Oh God that is fucking embarrassing if its true. 

HE NEVER TOOK THE FUCKING THING OFF!

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 01:44:39 PM »
Hahaha...poor guy probably showered with the damn thing on